Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Noticing a surprising amount of crushed hopes about a Bethesda-made Fallout sequel ITT

R8jZFDe.jpg

this is THe new SHit - special 2015
Recharge rate of critical hits.. wat?

Sounds like you can only get a critical every few [time units] to prevent abuse (derp), or they work like Action Points (hmmm).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You've got to give Bethesda some credit for finally realizing they don't know how to do a skill based rpg and just giving up and cutting ALL of them. Sadly the combat still looks like the same crappy fps/rpg combat and not the full on fps combat it could be, so I guess it didn't make much difference. And can they just fire their animation department already?

Edit: spoke too soon. Skills are still there, I think? No wonder the combat still looks lame. Bethesda, either crap or get off the pot. Realize you can't make decent action RPG combat, or fire everyone and hire people who can.

Graphics are still stuck a couple of years behind the times due to them sticking with their old engine.

All the minigames and item modifications look great though and kudos to them for breaking into the mobile market with a cellphone game -that has more stats than their full game from the looks of it.

Also, good job on all the details - hooking up the computer to a power source via wires, actually having an animation for getting into power armor, collectors pip boy etc.

With the combat still sucking, the animations still being inhuman, the lackluster graphics, the story undoubtedly being awful, utter lack of skill stats (you know your special won't really matter in the end, right?), and no option for lgbt couple with adopted sun wtf sjw, I give this a 8 Todd Howards out of 10 GOTY ROFLCOPTER and I recomend you do not remove it from an inventory next year when it actually comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Adon pointed out two pages ago, the presence of "Requirement: Science level 1" seems to suggest it'll work like Skyrim and perks will take the place of skills. Instead of needing Lockpicking 75 to open a safe, you'll need Lockpicking level 4. Since FO uses a point-buy system, they wouldn't even need the skill levels to work as milestones like in Skyrim, just make Lockpicking available for 3000XP if you have Lockpicking 3, or something.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
lol That's what he said. Let's wait and see what really happens.

You honestly think they'd willingly miss out on all the sweet christmas market monies by delaying it? Not gonna happen, they'll ship a broken game if they need to.

Haha, my cousin sent me a message telling me that he almost cried with happiness when he saw the conference video...must be nice to b casul. Even made him want to play Doom. :lol:

Another thought about recharging crits...you'll finally be able to roleplay Squall from Final Fantasy 8. Maybe there'll be an unique silver-colored ripper called the Gunblade!

:yeah:

bonescraper

It's worse than i imagined. They kept all the bad things then dumbed it down some more.

eXalted

Arcane
If this wasn't Fallout it would be good crafting/minecrafty game I suppose (I hate them).. but it's Fallout.

Gonna play some old Fallouts.

Crafting system in Fallout 2:
WYpSmAg.png

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
So:
- SPECIAL is not gone <shock>,
- yet Skills are nowhere to be found in the STAT window, which is alarming (there's "Science" visible in the crafting window though, represented in "Ranks" - whatever that means),
- the char-gen looks interesting,
- you can play as a chick in a thong female,
- Gamebryo confirmed,
- dynamic lighting if Todd is not bullshitting,
- writing is shit confirmed,
- the story seems shit as well,
- the game starts as a SIM game (with SIM graphics even),
- Pip-Boy is as shitty as it used to be (if not more) and has some new pointless features,
- I'm going to kill that fucking dog,
- Gunplay looks kinda fun aka Todd catched up with 10 years ago eventually,
- VATS it now real time in slow motion (hopefully it's not going to work in god mode again like in FO3),
- Real Time Settler is now built into the game,
- I Need to watch a HD version to say something about the environments.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Anyone who will say the settings look bad is a MOIRON, the settings LOOK like fallout 1 and 2, they look awesome.

This is a 10/10 all dlc and season pass preorder day 0

(apart from the crap 1950)

Cthulhu_is_love

I'm like very retarded, so is that real?

First I thought it's kind of a marketing gag; I thought they kinda take the usual way with:
That will be Fallout 4 (giggles from retarded crowd); blabla sticking to "old" (Fallout 3) "virtues" (FALLOUT 3!!!).
Same way as the Red Boots DLC (ohh u sooo funny).

But I think they are serious with this bullshit, are they?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
People praise dead state for having base but here they bash it and call it sims, because fuck logic, it's so good to be edgy and bash on Todd.

- I'm going to kill that fucking dog,

He's probably Essential. :troll:

Watching Dogmeat die was distressing enough for players that Broken Steel gives him 3000000 HP (at high levels several mini nukes are needed) and there's a perk that causes him to respawn at Vault 101 if he dies (one of his "puppies", but nobody bought that)

-- Real Time Settler is now built into the game,

Nice, being able to set up a fort anywhere was kinda neat idea.

bloodlover

Arcane
Eh, I am not sure skills were completly removed. The character that was made at the start had silly stats so I assume the gameplay was influenced by that. I mean who the fuck plays a character with 2 3 2 7 3 1 10? They probably just wanted to showcase the new luck mechanic and unless you set luck very high and gimp the character a little, that recharge rate of critical hit won't be usable too often. It might end up being just an "O SHIT I AM ABOUT TO GET FUCKED HOW DO I WIN?" option. Housing is cool and since you can have it with mods, why not just have it come with the base game? And besides, every hoarder out there will like this. God knows how much shit I gathered in NV and I am sure I am not the only one . It also makes sense since you can use every junk item you find in the world so storing that in a very easy and intuitive way (instead of just packing it all up in a closet) makes more sense.

Still... I am dissapointed about what they showed. Prioritizing housing and shooting over c&c or showing combat over skills shows who this game is aimed for and sadly it's not really for fans of the original Fallouts. It might be to soon to judge and maybe they did not show any skills because they made some new ones too but at this point I am not really sure what to think of it.

We'll just live and see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom