Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
liSs5Jb.png

drukQs

Literate
Not gonna lie, the weapon modding thing actually looks pretty neat

Looks like it's exactly what anyone who knows anything about Bethesda expects - Story and dialogue that will suck balls and a dicking around potential that might make it worth it.

I just watched the conference live because I wanted to know how the hypothetical Obsidian spin off would look like tho

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
READY TO FUCK SOME SHIT UP, CODEX?

Quest marker to the vault in the tutorial, don't want the player to be confused about where to go, everyone running that way, including wife, just ain't clear enough.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
This has very little, if anything, in common with original Fallout. I might actually be able to enjoy it now.
Bethestards. Bethestards never change.

That's real cute. This is the first time anyone called me a Bethestard, so this means a lot to me as the person who can't stand any Bethesda games. Thank you.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Ironically everyone who isn't an idiot will dump INT, since you'll still reach level cap long before you're done with the game and it's not like it will ever challenge you anyway.

likaq

Arcane
ViolacioacutenFallout_zpsbc8fd0f5.jpg

Shit dialogue wheel like in mass effect?
No skills?
Pointless commands for dog?
You trigger crits at will now?

This fallout rape is even more brutal than I imagined.

Last edited:

Adon

Arcane
R8jZFDe.jpg

this is THe new SHit - special 2015

Another thing that makes me think skills were turned into perks is the description of Intelligence. I mean, yeah, there was the lack of tagging 3 skills, but the description for Intelligence doesn't mention skills either. Considering that a lot of their perks in Fallout 3 were just for increasing skills, it seems all the more legit.

BobNotHerbert

Novice
I didn't think they could fuck it up anymore. Those dialogue options were shit. The voice actors were garbage. They stripped the rest of the soul out of the almost soulless husk of FO3 for a tower defense game.

'The voice actors recorded 13000 lines of dialogue over two years!'

Fuck you. That's my first line of dialogue.
Eat shit. Second line.

I'll email you the 12,998 others, Todd.

I can't even pretend to just click through your shit player responses. Now I get to hear another D-list actor wrestle their way out of Bethesda's wet paper bag.

Fuck. Fuuuuuuck.

ortucis

Prophet
I just started playing Fallout 1 for the first time.

Now I see this >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBJyubfimw

And having played Underrail Alpha recently, I am pretty sure Bethesda doesn't really give a flying fuck about original game compared to an indie game copying the original game. Oh well. At least it looks like they made some much needed improvements in visual department. But this will end up like Skyrim for me. Play it hoping it'll be fun, end up uninstalling because of retarded story and characters. Maybe they have better script this time around?

Combat still looks like shit though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq2co1rGpVA << I do like how some consoletard playing it is missing most of the shots but the auto-aim is still registering the hits.

In the end, they are trying to copy Rage. I am guessing a lot of iD Software team (at least artists) is working on Fallout 4 now since a lot of areas shown are VERY similar to RAGE. Too bad they can't copy combat from RAGE, which was the only reason you'd keep playing it (and the awesome expansion which was nothing but non-stop combat).

DeepOcean

Arcane
There is a mod for Fallout 3 and New Vegas that allow that Sims stuff, Bethesda is sure really creative, stealing being influenced by modders ideas really stimulate Todd's creativity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom