Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The stronghold thing was at least...... interesting (and optional). And that's about it.
Time to come out of the closest... about your Fallout 4 anticipation!

Paxton

Novice
STR:
-Carry weight
-Melee damage

PER:
-VATS accuracy

END:
-Health
-Action Point drain from sprinting

CHA:
-Persuasion in dialogue
-Barter

INT:
-Experience Points

AGI:
-Action Points
-Sneaking

LUC:
-Recharge rate of Critical Hits
-Chance of finding better items

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Firing the minigun in a power armor looks alright. Gun handling looks on par with other FPS. Looks like Far Cry 3 with better scenery, better weapons, and the ability to skip retard dialogue and cutscenes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Interesting observation felipepepe not one use of any skill checks. Did they completely remove them?
I'm pretty sure they have removed skills. If you watch the tutorial part all the dude does is ask for your Special stat assignments and that's it.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Still definitely not Fallout by any means, but it at least looks entertaining. Compared to vanilla Skyrim and Fallout 3 that's saying something.

5-6/10 might buy the GOTY edition for 5 bucks.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Interesting observation felipepepe not one use of any skill checks. Did they completely remove them?
I'm pretty sure they have removed skills. If you watch the tutorial part all the dude does is ask for your Special stat assignments and that's it.
Not really surprising, considering Bethesda's march into dumbing down & accessibility. The entire level up customization will probably be via perks now.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

So no skill checks at all. Just run around and shoot shit and craft.

Excellent job of cRPG design there Bethesda. Why don't you just remove everything, and just make it a linear FPS shooter full of ACTION! like the new DOOM.

Adon

Arcane
One of the few things I heard when the initial trailer was released was that it might've originally been a PS360 game, and now based off Todd's statement that it's sort of been worked on since 2009, it seems all the more legit that it is true, and that they decided it to port over to the newer ones.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

So no skill checks at all. Just run around and shoot shit and craft.

Excellent job of cRPG design there Bethesda. Why don't you just remove everything, and just make it a linear FPS shooter full of ACTION! like the new DOOM.
They've never pretended this was a cRPG. Relax, guy.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
WE9yuOL.png

Lemming42

Arcane
Thinking about it, the dialogue wheel is really terrible. Taking away the ability to read your responses in full in a Fallout game is ridiculous. GET FOOD. Sounds like a low-intelligence Fo1/2 dialogue choice.

Even Fallout 3's writers managed to pull it together enough to give you a choice of what to say and inject some personality into the lines, even if the result was "YOUR OLD MAN'S ANT FOOD" or whatever. I can't imagine something like talking to the Master would work with a dialogue wheel.
X PERSUADE
Y SHOW HOLOTAPE
A INSULT
B ATTACK

If they've removed skills that's really the straw that knackered the camel's back. Suppose it'll just have to be played as a straight-up shooting game with jetpacks and heads exploding. The combat looks good/better, so whatever.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Someone in the thread I made on Steam is saying there are skill (requires X Science) checks in the crafting menu? Didn't notice.

Monad

Learned
Yea sure bethesda is known for replacing old systems with better ones and not just removing them altogether.

Adon

Arcane
Someone in the thread I made on Steam is saying there are skill (requires X Science) checks in the crafting menu? Didn't notice.

Just saw it, and it's true. But there is something curious about it. It says "Req: Rank 1 Science" which gives me the impression that "skills" are perks now.

imweasel

What the fuck was that? The Sims 3 with guns?

The game looks and sounds like fucking shit.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So we an improved open world simulation game with improved first person shooting. A fuck ton of fluff features.

Like someone said earlier.... "Expected nothing. Still disappointed."

Absalom

So... Neo Scavenger is the new Fallout now, right :troll:?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom