Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

likaq

Arcane
I see two good things so far:
1.Art design is way, way better than art design in fal3 and and better than new vegas
2. No more shitty godawful green / yellow filter everywhere

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
1PznTcu.jpg

You see those raiders from East Boston? They’ve got curved rippers. Curved. Rippers.

likaq

Arcane
Thank god we have Iron Tower Studio, Inxile and Larian, otherwise I would be extremely depressed :(

likaq

Arcane
And don't forget the layered armor bullshit. Multiple pieces of armor is casual morrowind garbage. In FO1 and FO2, you had one piece of armor to deal with. Bethesda just can't stop shitting on the lore.

bananaBaboon

Novice
The stronghold, crafting, flying power armour dude, dog playing fetch, yada yada is cool n'all but it'll come down to execution. If crafting is a simple gather 3 of this and 4 of that and voila! Done! Then the system adds zero value to the gameplay. If the stronghold serves no other purpose than a glorified horde mode - zilch.

I still can't make up my mind, I mean, if this was announced as a new game without the "misnomer" of Fallout, I'd be impressed but this...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Oh wow.

This looks surprisingly shitty.

Good thing we still got WL2 GOTY edition and Underrail to look forward to. (And torment) + GOTY D:OS

This lessens my butthurt and rage.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like different types of ammunition and DR/DT mechanic from FNV is also out. There is no any UI element that has it.
This is basically borderlands

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow. I'm remembering when they cut a few skills between Morrowind and Skyrim. This time they cut EVERY. SKILL. It's just sinking in now.

Perkel

Arcane
Wow. I'm remembering when they cut a few skills between Morrowind and Skyrim. This time they cut EVERY. SKILL. It's just sinking in now.

To be honest their 0-100 skill system was always 0-4. Because almost all skills required you either 25 50 75 or 100

Now probably you will have perk every level and you will be able to get.

talky talky 1/4
doctor - 1/4

Or they will simply make it one time perk instead of 4 levels of it.

etc.

As for weapons they probably removed completely skill checks for it. So no skill aim no STR req, Vats probably be the only thing that will be based on perks that can modify it.

For dialogue only fucking 4 options. This tells a lot how F4 will work in therm of narrative and quest design.

TedNugent

Arcane
People love VATS, and the fact that it is now slow motion erected half of the e3 conference

Almost as much as the new iPhone app. AND A WEARABLE PIP BOY OMIGOD

Game journalists are fucking faggots

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So Fallout is becoming like another avtion packed post-apoc. survival sim...
I was expecting but still dissapionted. Creating that feeling takes some skill...

ortucis

Prophet
Oh right, the weapon customization is similar to Dead Space 3 weapon customization. It was pretty good in that game as well, except for the part where EA raped it with micro transactions.

I am guessing Bethesda wants to pull an EA with paid mods/DLC bits for customization later on. Maybe a new DLC which allows you to pick more colors for weapons..

Stompa

Arcane
Very disappointed there's no radiation shouts and nuclear dragons, way to shit on your audience, Bethesduh :rpgcodex:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What a month. MCA leaves Obsidian and that (possible) dream team project with Tim never gets to happen, and Fallout gets even shittier and even more divorced from its roots than before.

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
Bethesta sure know their audience.

They are garbage picking lazy bums who would rather make a gun from a dumpster junk and play some tower defence minigame, that was presented at E3, than bother adventuring and enjoying an interesting story. God forbid they have to read something in game. Nooo, all text must be voice acted with as few words as possible, as if they are mentally challenged or disabled somehow.

eXalted

Arcane

cCPh3fg.jpg

... so they finally made a sim game out of it..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom