Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

likaq

Arcane

Most interesting stuff starts at 20:20

at 28:00 -> you can use this flying machine to travel around map maybe?

Disgruntled

Savant
I wont lie, that settlement building thing they added looks fun.
Shame about the rest of Fallout 3 4

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This settlement building will be barely a step up from the thing in Bloodmoon, and still far less involved and gameplay-relevant than the settlement buiding in Breath of Fucking Fire 2 from 1994. And none of you fucks know how involved it was because you won't fucking touch any console games, herp derp.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I like the crafting and the whole settlement thing and the Enclave armor, the vault suit being a proper suit. I think should put EVERYONE in the game in power armor, then nobody will notice how crap and lifeless the NPCs are.

Thats about it really, VATs slowmo is dumb, the 200 year old robot is dumb, going overboard with the 1950s is getting a little tiresome, would it kill them to throw a bit more futurism in the fashion? Dialog wheel is completely dumb. Mass Fallout 4, Fallout Effect 4 etc etc.

I'm sure we can all get suitably outraged when we find out how the plot is the glorious righteous noble and sanctified Brotherhood of KickAss is comming in blimps to free the androids and defeat the Enclave again.
Maybe in your fantasy world. In real world there is piratebay :P

I thought people would rage harder at the iPad game.

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/610294314288021504

Just wanted to say that you guys did an amazing job and tell Todd that he is The Man

This settlement building will be barely a step up from the thing in Bloodmoon, and still far less involved and gameplay-relevant than the settlement buiding in Breath of Fucking Fire 2 from 1994. And none of you fucks know how involved it was because you won't fucking touch any console games, herp derp.

One thing that sucked balls was that some of the recruitable citizen NPCs were traps because they would offer shit services or nothing at all. Here's three identical carpenters, one of them sleeps all day, the other sells healing potions and the other sells endgame armors, pick one and have fun

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
By pirating this you're supporting Bethesda almost as much as by buying it you fucking idiots.

One thing that sucked balls was that some of the recruitable citizen NPCs were traps because they would offer shit services or nothing at all.
You call it a trap, I call it choices and consequences.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Do you not realize that companies make $$$ by you pirating games? Marketing and publicity lead to good word of mouth. The more people are playing a game, the more people are compelled to buy it. Indirectly, pirating games supports the company you are pirating from when it comes to massive AAA games because all you're doing is making these games more talked about and popular. Piracy might be a detriment when it's done with small companies - but every sucker pirating GTA or a Bethesda game is just doing free marketing work for them. Good fucking job.

It's the same principle as when people give away free copies of a magazine or something. The money they miss from a purchase is more than made up by the word of mouth you generate.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

How many RPGs even offer settlement building in the first place? And if Todd is to be believed, with trade routes between them. Fuck, how many even offer as much as a house? I've always wanted to be able to build a merchant empire, buy/build structures with various benefits, compete with other aspiring merchant princes, etc. in a proper RPG and so far nothing has really delivered even though it should be part of any RPG with a mercantile skill of some sort. I'm happy to see any move in this direction, and it's a big and pleasant surprise considering how shitty Skyrim was when it came to the volume of gameplay options, which was at the lowest in the series since Arena.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Perks are still in

25ovur4.jpg

Maldoror

Augur
DU must really love me, I asked him to nuke my account but he didn't.
No they shouldn't. Anybody who would prioritize dialogue over building a fortress and shooting people with machinegun sniper laser shotguns is a filthy storyfag piece of shit and deserves to be sodomized to death.

Characters, setting, and writing are genuinely the most important aspects of Fallout as a series - although good gameplay is necessary, the aforementioned qualities are the priority.

Just look at how much better 1, 2 and New Vegas are when compared to 3. It's the writing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Do you not realize that companies make $$$ by you pirating games? Marketing and publicity lead to good word of mouth. The more people are playing a game, the more people are compelled to buy it. Indirectly, pirating games supports the company you are pirating from when it comes to massive AAA games because all you're doing is making these games more talked about and popular. Piracy might be a detriment when it's done with small companies - but every sucker pirating GTA or a Bethesda game is just doing free marketing work for them. Good fucking job.

It's the same principle as when people give away free copies of a magazine or something. The money they miss from a purchase is more than made up by the word of mouth you generate.

This post was so stupid that it's sig-worthy.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
rip dialogue tree
There were never any ''trees'' in Bethard games to begin with, more like patches of moss. Not forgetting that their writing is usually so cringe worthy that i'd rather read it as little as possible. In all honesty, i actually like that they are simply making an open world shooter + crafting. If exploration is good and there are shit loads of items to thinker with, i'd rather prefer game like that than their abysmal attempts at ar-pee-gee.

likaq

Arcane
I full intend to buy this game. And by buy I mean not removing anything from inventory.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, not a $60 purchase for me, but I'll get it on discount and find ways to enjoy it. Well - probably I'll wait to see more videos and decide how much I hate the voice actors.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just look at how much better 1, 2 and New Vegas are when compared to 3. It's the writing.

None of those were better than 3. 1 was severely lacking in exploration. Huge map with just a few small locations. I haven't played much of 2 because it's that shitty and judging by the extensive commentary available on the codex it's decline from 1 in almost every possible way (including story). NV also sacrificed exploration for "better writing", which resulted in an overall shittier game if you're not a degenerate storyfag. The writing in all the fallouts (except 3 which was utter shit shit) was mediocre at best and only stands out in the way of reactivity. But reactivity in and of itself isn't enough to make an interesting game. The combat has been sub-par in all of them, though the over the top brutality still makes it somewhat enjoyable. The thing that puts Fallout 3 on top for me is that there's a shitton of ruins to explore and they nailed a proper post-apocalyptic vibe better than NV as long as you don't talk to anybody.

At the end of the day the characters and story are dressing. I don't lock myself in a basement and play games so I can talk to people, and while I don't mind a good story and interesting characters, if I have to choose (and it seems like I always have to choose) I'll take good gameplay over good dialogue any day. Bethesda cannot into dialogue but they used to be able to into decent gameplay with lots of room for player creativity and after being mentally sodomized by Skyrim it's nice to see them returning to their roots.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Change the thread title !!

5vxapd.jpg

5vxapd.jpg

5vxapd.jpg

5vxapd.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom