Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Fallout 3 was more commercially and critically successful than New Vegas! Why aren't they copying New Vegas!?

Lemming42

Arcane
FWfwuVn.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No skills and dialogue wheel? It doesn't even hurt anymore.

wdBWQ0v.jpg
OH COME THE FUCK ON! So instead of building on the formula of NV we get Fallout 3's retarded young cousin. How the fuck is it even possible? Why? I understand the idea of lowest common denominator but this?! Was there really a retard who played Fallout 3 and thought that the game was too complex?

well fallout 4 is gonna be the best thing ever made, so if your so pretensus that you can't enjoy it then yeah you cant enjoy anything else either

Avellion

Erudite
I can't see it really being called an RPG anymore though. It's in the same group as Borderlands or something in my opinion

wut?

Special is in
Perks are in
leveling is in
inventory is in

they even expanded armor, now you have head body arm leg armor.

If elder scrolls are considered RPG than this still is RPG.
SPECIAL is in, but I doubt it will have a heavy impact on the game. Probably a few minor statistical differences at best. As for the rest,

Create-a-Class_MW2.png

Notorious

Augur
No skills and dialogue wheel? It doesn't even hurt anymore.

wdBWQ0v.jpg
OH COME THE FUCK ON! So instead of building on the formula of NV we get Fallout 3's retarded young cousin. How the fuck is it even possible? Why? I understand the idea of lowest common denominator but this?! Was there really a retard who played Fallout 3 and thought that the game was too complex?

well fallout 4 is gonna be the best thing ever made, so if your so pretensus that you can't enjoy it then yeah you cant enjoy anything else either

Lol

Alfons

Prophet
At least the shooting and textures look similar to previous games, glad to see they didn't change the things that worked.

Who the fuck misses 6 times in a row? If you dumped a combat skill stop then using it, moron.

Oh, great, a "clear area of hostiles" objective. Plenty of room to use your non-combat skills there.
Talky talky moments don't make for interesting first gameplay showcase and doesn't extract WHOOOOOOAAAAAs from the crowd. I expect those to show up later.

Alfons

Prophet
Talky talky moments don't make for interesting first gameplay showcase and doesn't extract WHOOOOOOAAAAAs from the crowd. I expect those to show up later.
Motherfucker did you watch the showcase video? The crowd WHOAd at the character creation, the mention of nuka cola, VATS, and the fucking dog. You can probably show them next gen shitting physics and they'd WHOA.

There's a barter skill bobblehead in one of the demo videos, and the bobblehead stand itself has room for all the skills and SPECIAL.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The assumption is that the "skills" are now perks. You might get one perk per level, Skyrim-style, and can invest the perks in "perk trees", but without the underlying skill required to unlock it.

If there are perk tier unlocks, they could be character level based. It's workable enough.

Motherfucker did you watch the showcase video? The crowd WHOAd at the character creation, the mention of nuka cola, VATS, and the fucking dog. You can probably show them next gen shitting physics and they'd WHOA.
Are you disagreeing with me? Yes, fights, relationship/romance, gear customization and silly cosmetic stuff like manually picking ice kold nuka kola(tm) from the fridge instead of using a menu gets the crowd excited, "you can talk to this guy here to get an extra clue" and "here's how long the sentences are" doesn't.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a mainstream series now. It amazes me how Codexers desperate for Kool Kid Kreds continue to wring their hands over the 'franchise rape.' You should have no more expected FO4 to be an RPG than you would Borderlands or Diablo... or Witcher 3. It's popamole. People here play popamole. Just fucking admit to playing it rather than trying to sound all edgy and pretend your favorite popamole is somehow more distinguished than the other popamole.

Does Witcher 3 have slightly better writing? Sure. But it's still Sapokoakosdkfokafoskafkoskdsf whatever the fuck that pollak's name is... D-List fantasy shit. This isn't Hemingway or Ibsen. If you like nuFallout like me you like popamole. Enjoy the popping. If you like Witcher 3, congrats, you like shitty novels that are on the same level as Jackie Collins. You just don't want to admit it to yourself.

pippin

Fallout always had a place in the mainstream press, it's just that Bethesda had a better economical standing when FO3 was released and was able to milk the cow in a better way than Interplay.

But I agree with you: there's no such thing as "true" good writing in videogames. There's interesting stuff, but that's about it. However, a glorified CYOA game shouldn't really have good writing, since it's enough with making the writing coherent with the realities of the game. New Vegas has better writing than Fallout 3 not only because dialogues are objectively better, but also because you really have some agency on the main events of the game.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Codexers desperate for Kool Kid Kreds...

Witcher 3 (...) But it's still Sapokoakosdkfokafoskafkoskdsf whatever the fuck that pollak's name is... D-List fantasy shit. This isn't Hemingway or Ibsen. If you like nuFallout like me you like popamole.
:lol:

No shit man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom