Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, again...I'm not defending anything. Just saying I'm surprised at the aggregated score since it is...even if only marginally...an improvement on the shitpile which is FO3, and part of that surprise is "Did they actually pay attention to Obsidian?"

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Amused at that post. Some comments:

• Hiking simulators, wasteland or not, are bad. This is absolutely objective Truth. Even if by some twist of physics they were good, Bathesda makes bad hiking simulators, wasteland or not.

• Crafting is kinda boring in itself since it's just adding one item to other, to create another item. It's only fun if the game is fun, which isn't the case of FOITs (Fallout Only In Title). Like I posted in the RK47 let's play thread, this super focus on crafting stuff for a base reminds me a lot of that shitty MMO with dinos that CDS members and my brothers used to play (but I think grew bored of it): Ark something.

• I like to craft stuff in AoD, because the game is actually good. But you would never know because I follow you closely and I have decreed you have bad tastes. And my word is LAW.

• Deslike is a word, it's just a grammar error of dislike.

• Let's get back to talking about bad metacritic scores, future incline of game development and shaming retards like yourself who played this abomination gayme.

PS: You couldn't make me play this game, pirate or not, even if you came to Downtown Rio de Janeiro with a granade launcher and started shooting at random buildings trying to find where I am right now.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
:lol: God you're such an insufferable douchebag. At some point you're going to graduate middle school, bruh. No worries.

p.s. you're right I'd never know anything about that game I helped with text and dialogue on. Derp.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I saved all of you guys the trouble, and wrote the official rpgcodex review for you all to enjoy:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Checked the steam group a few times again, roughly 25% of members who are playing anything are playing Fallout 4 : - )

Shin

Cipher
I'll probably get stabbed by a pitchfork but whatever... this game is better than Fallout 3 (which I couldn't stomach, tried it multiple times after liking NV) despite it's very obvious flaws in character creation (lack of skills really pisses me off), dialogue (cringeworthy and god they really should keep the protagonist silent) and crafting (god why the fuck do they want me to loot every single fucking item). I dunno, I guess the grey aesthetics in FO3 really turned me off, even after modding. The combat also sucks balls, but I'm able to circumvent this by doing all combat in vats (melee, which is pretty hard) and using a lot of traps, which is fun, yet they really botched the gunplay again.

So yeah, if you're not into FPS games and you hated Bethsoft's previous 'RPGs'; you're not going to like F4 (doh). I'd really like to see Obsidian or inXile take a swing at making another spin-off though. Heck, if they allowed Obsidian to make their Gamebryo spinoff and let inXile make a (Unity) isometric spin-off using the original F1/2 rules, everyone would be happy. I kinda get the sentiment where you'd want Bethsoft to fail and burn so they'd release the license or something, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. They proved they aren't greedy with the IP when they greenlighted NV so I guess that's the best we (and the ones disgusted by Bethsoft's FPS') can do.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'll probably get stabbed by a pitchfork but whatever... this game is better than Fallout 3 (which I couldn't stomach, tried it multiple times after liking NV) despite it's very obvious flaws in character creation (lack of skills really pisses me off), dialogue (cringeworthy and god they really should keep the protagonist silent) and crafting (god why the fuck do they want me to loot every single fucking item). I dunno, I guess the grey aesthetics in FO3 really turned me off, even after modding. The combat also sucks balls, but I'm able to circumvent this by doing all combat in vats (melee, which is pretty hard) and using a lot of traps, which is fun, yet they really botched the gunplay again.

So yeah, if you're not into FPS games and you hated Bethsoft's previous 'RPGs'; you're not going to like F4 (doh). I'd really like to see Obsidian or inXile take a swing at making another spin-off though. Heck, if they allowed Obsidian to make their Gamebryo spinoff and let inXile make a (Unity) isometric spin-off using the original F1/2 rules, everyone would be happy. I kinda get the sentiment where you'd want Bethsoft to fail and burn so they'd release the license or something, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. They proved they aren't greedy with the IP when they greenlighted NV so I guess that's the best we (and the ones disgusted by Bethsoft's FPS') can do.
I finished Fallout 3 but couldn't really bother long with this game though.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Where is skyway and why hasn't he made the obligatory "Fallout 4 is worse than Fallout 3 in every possible way"-thread yet?

Suicidal

Arcane
wDUNC3a.png

Codex is Bethesda hate central and there's plenty of D1Pers anyway :roll:

This shit just makes me sad because it shows that no matter the metacritic score or the steam recommendation % and whatever else we still will be getting Fallout 5. And Fallout 6. This is the Modern Warfare boycott thing all over again.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you Codex for linking me this f*cking Ars Technica Fallout 4 Op Ed Review.
:flamesaw:
F*ck. Those comments. Someone kill me please.
I'm way too sober for this

edit:
In my search to vent the rage over imbecile reviews and comments
I did impulse buy Underrail. I hope you're happy now. Thanks Obama!

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Absolutely disgusting.

What would be funny is a real list of codexers playing fallout 4, you only get the honest guys there who pays . Many with loose moralilty arent on the group and just playing the torrented version.Wouldnt be surprised by 90% of codexers playing it.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just pretend all the fallout 4 players in the codex group are just there because it's called rpgcodex and it's an open steam group and they've never heard of the forum and they just clicked on it at one time and forgot. Yep. Definitely.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well $60 is nothing for most grown up first worlders so the only thing they're wasting is time.

I pirated it, played it and got an even more aggravated version of the "wasting my goddamn time playing vidya gaems" feeling I get so I uninstalled and erased all traces of it on my PC.

Weasel
Must admit, I don't really get the angst over Codexers playing F4, particularly those who haven't paid for it. Can honestly say I've never played F3 or F4 but I can understand someone wanting to check them out instead of just reading how shit they are. At least there's still plenty of Bethesda hate to go around and provide a welcome contrast to the fanboy forums out there.

Had to chuckle at the Jim Sterling link and the metacritic stuff. I notice he didn't really address the accusations of biased/bought reviews.

Delbaeth

Learned
Doesn't change the fact that they very probably liked how Obsidian approached it, and learned from it.
I don't think Beths learned from Obsidian, but from a billion dollars seller: Minecraft, instead.

Same for story and everything else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom