Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This will spawn drama for years to come.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sadly, all one probably has to do is slam Bethesda with copyright threat if any of these mods infringe on other properties. We all know by now they only answer when their shekels are in danger.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Glorious. Why don't these mod authors just exodus from Bethesda.net?
well, last i heard and posted here too, pissed modders are gonna use F4 script extender as requirement, even if the mod technically doesn't need it/doesnt use extra script, that will bar peasants from stealing the mods

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
lol pissed at what?

if they didn't want their work to be stolen they shouldn't of made a mod in the first place, there's no money involved therefore there is no competition in which case what's being stolen has no value at all.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
'PC Elitists' and 'Classism'? What? Is this guy claiming he was fighting some 'upper class' like a modern day Robin Hood, bringing the peasants/console gamers the mods they so richly deserved only for it to blow up in his face?
Geeh jackass, if you actually checked out mods from time to time you know that some can be quite unstable and there is always the chance that they are not compatible with other ones.

I can understand why he would want access to certain PC mod content and that he is frustrated that there is no console version of it. But modders don't owe you anything and when you start to pull of this stuff I pretty much agree that most of them say "Screw this, they want our mods and are pissed on us when the mods don't mesh well. Lets make them incompatible with console versions of games."

hknt

Literate
if they didn't want their work to be stolen they shouldn't of made a mod in the first place

lolwut authors can't get mad for theft because it's a compliment? :P

I don't blame the modders for the extra blockades. You don't see mods getting stolen the second they get uploaded at nexus by pc users. Peasanthesda.net is like a bad neighbourhood, you make an effort to not park your car in there.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
if they didn't want their work to be stolen they shouldn't of made a mod in the first place

lolwut authors can't get mad for theft because it's a compliment? :P

I don't blame the modders for the extra blockades. You don't see mods getting stolen the second they get uploaded at nexus by pc users. Peasanthesda.net is like a bad neighbourhood, you make an effort to not park your car in there.

Ah, but you see a car is worth money, mods have no set value, they can get angry but acting like it's some grand theft is just modder melodrama.

hknt

Literate
Everything you put your effort in has value, and theft is always theft. You know, basic human decency? Where indignation is not only justified but adequate?

mods have no set value

BULLSHIT! Moral aspects aside, Bethesda made their entire fortune standing upon the modding community. Mods almost literally make money for publishers and people do them for free. If peasant practices like these get a silent approval and moddders leave in bulk there'll definitely be a backlash for everyone, financially and otherwise.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Oh fuck this is amazing.. I never predicted this happening.

I thought for sure bethesda was rolling out paid mods to console tards, splitting the community between paid mods and nexus mods.. but once again they fucked everything up..

and now console players are stealing mods.. L-O-FUCKING-L

This shit storm is gonna be hilarious.. I can't wait for every mod to contain a "protection script" that basically requires SKSE / F4SE and if it doesn't exist.. dies and corrupts your save.
Bahahaha.

Brb checking Arthmoor's blog for the latest whine fest.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You don't see mods getting stolen the second they get uploaded at nexus by pc users

You do, but nobody seems to care about the site that does it.

Also it's useful for crap that gets deleted from the nexus.

The only site that steals shit and it actually matters is some Chinese site that actually steals mods and sells them to retards who don't know they are buying free shit. Maybe it's because of a firewall blocking nexus?
Generally speaking.. Nexus / Loverslab / ModDB / and a few more niche sites are the only places people go for mods and all those sites will delete / ban anyone who uploads a stolen mod.

The issue always comes about when a large company hosted platform who doesn't understand the modding economy tries to bumble in and control things.

First it was steamworks.. now Bethesda.aids (lol)..

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
So what is Codex stance on Far Harbour? Normalfags say it is Bethesda take on RPG spin in their RPG (duh) and they really like it. I need to know your opinion so I can echo it around and be a faggotry elitist.
Story is kind of awful/telegraphed and easily broken. You'll probably want to murder just about everyone on the island after you exhaust their dialog options upon first meeting them. Island itself is half empty (unless you are really into the sad skeletons w/ conveniently but illogically placed journal entries spread about). Some of the new beasts are neat looking. The Vault quest is mildly amusing, but feels like a light/pared down version of that NV mod autumn leaves. Like everything else Bethesda does, it feels very superficial / forgettable and you'll find very little reason to ever revisit it.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Actually, going back to Morrowind consoles were the majority of sales. May of changed with Skyrim but Bethesda don't owe their fortune to mods.

hknt

Literate
Initial sales maybe, but long term their games are boring and forgettable on their own, without modding communties keeping those titles alive and popular they'd never take that much of a market in the first place with new releases. There are better shooters, better city builders, grinders etc and marketing efforts will produce only so much effect.

Though it's probably redundant, sooner or later risk of lawsuits will result in regulations and consolers will have their hat mods and pc the rest. Or they shut it down completly.

Last edited:

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I guess we are reaching a point that all the 'new' gamers want old games released all over again but with new graphics.
Wait a minute?! That is what they accused the old Fallout fans of, that they only wanted the old games re released all over again (perhaps with new graphics).
If only they weren't so short of memory they would recognize what massive hypocrites they are.

pippin

It has to do with new consoles, actually. When a new console is released, everything that came before it is dead.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Yep, the moment I bought a new console, all the consoles and games I already owned before that disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Heh, many console manufacturers and game publishers would love if that was the case, the tons of games they could re release instead of having to make new ones.

I am pretty sure this idea of 'old is dead so old must be made new' was probably first started by marketing people working for game publishers. Old and second hand games have always been a thorn in their side to maximize their profits.
One of the reasons why I am disgusted with where console gaming is going.

Now they want the mods and if these could easily be plugged into console games they would only work harder on convincing everyone that PC gaming is dead. (something they probably would also love to see disappear)

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Oh just to make something clear, I am not against the reissue and update of old games, especially not when they are really good.
But a couple of years just after the original has been released smells to much like "Hey we want to make some more money out of this title/franchise but we don't want to invest in a sequel/prequel/spin off".
Plus if this is about bringing back classic old games to a new audience, where are some of the more older games that still to this day have many fans?
Where is for example Deus Ex The Conspiracy with classic gameplay but a new graphical coat?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I just played Blood and Wine and I laugh at Bethseda at how incompetent they are at making interesting games,how they keep getting outskilled by a bunch of Polish cunts paid with bread and water.

My big question for Bethesda would be,where the fuck are all those money going?They sold tens of milions of copies since Morrowind and all their games looks so outdated and voided of content.What the hell are they doing with all those hundreds of milions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom