Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Absolutely boggles the mind that they patched Skyrim but wouldn't have something prepared for the official release of the next game.
I just updated my previous post. What can I say... it's a 2008 game, even technically.

It's funny that it's really completely possible to release a game that is in every respect a 2008 game in november 2015 and ask $60 for it. And how this is feasible, solely because of marketing.

Inb4 fanboys' counter-argument "The game is perfectly optimized to run on old hardware, it's an asset not a drawback!"

It's funny that it's really completely possible to release a game that is in every respect a 2008 game in november 2015 and ask $60 for it. And how this is feasible, solely because of marketing.

Well most of them take it at face value that Fallout 4 isn't running on Gamebryo. "No guys, seriously! It's the next iteration of the Creation Engine. Y'know, from Skyrim? They left shitty Gamebryo behind years ago! Look at all the new effects they added this time."

Sykar

Arcane
I just updated my previous post. What can I say... it's a 2008 game, even technically.

Inb4 fanboys' counter-argument "The game is perfectly optimized to run on old hardware, it's an asset not a drawback!"

And yet the fanboys and -girls make one excuse after another when you point this out.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Guys come on. Playing FO4 is like a night out on the town or having a fuckbuddy. You know there's nothing of value in it, you know it means nothing, it's just fucking around and having fun, not giving much of a shit. No long-term plans, no involvement.

Consider FO4 that girl you always call, when you're bored.. and she's down to fuck. She's not particularly pretty or witty, she doesn't bring much to the table, but eh.. it's fun enough to fuck her, and hang out sometimes. When you get tired of her, you just dump her like that.. fuck it.. Move on to better things.

NOTE: In case of codexers, seeing as most of you spend your nights in the basement sperging out on useless shit and not meeing women, you make up an imaginative girl that you call!

Monocause

Arcane
Guys come on. Playing FO4 is like a night out on the town or having a fuckbuddy. You know there's nothing of value in it, you know it means nothing, it's just fucking around and having fun, not giving much of a shit. No long-term plans, no involvement.

Consider FO4 that girl you always call, when you're bored.. and she's down to fuck. She's not particularly pretty or witty, she doesn't bring much to the table, but eh.. it's fun enough to fuck her, and hang out sometimes. When you get tired of her, you just dump her like that.. fuck it.. Move on to better things.

NOTE: In case of codexers, seeing as most of you spend your nights in the basement sperging out on useless shit and not meeing women, you make up an imaginative girl that you call!

You sound like one of those sorry tossers from the Roosh sect.

Beastro

Arcane
I don't know why they would do that, except for PR purposes, to counter the prevailing impression that their engine is outdated. They introduced a 4GB RAM patch for Skyrim, and unless they've updated the engine in that regard, 4GB should still be the limit.

What is 2008 about it? FO3 was a warmed over Oblivion from 2006 and many qualities of that game go back further than that.

This games like the progeny of a Hapsburg after centuries of inbreeding.

Sykar

Arcane

What? Why? That's what pr0n sites are for. No need to waste my imagination on that. Grab my dick and double click is all that is needed. Oh and I do not waste 60 bucks on that.

Beastro

Arcane

That argument works with FO3 and Oblivion but by now, to use your analogy, you'd be waking up next to that girl realizing your both grown adults now in a near two decade long relationship, that you're all but married and finally want to stop fucking around wanting a women of class and substance to finally add some quality and meaning to your love life.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Not sure why people are getting so butthurt about people playing the pirated version. You're not even giving Beth money, you are just wasting time doing shit until something new and better comes along.

Mindless fun, you'know. Not everything needs to be high brow expert level of brilliance. Especially not now, that we know how incompetent Beth are at making "RPGs". It's just shit n giggles.

There are about 100000 better games out there already and I can guarantee nobody has played them all.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
That argument works with FO3 and Oblivion but by now, to use your analogy, you'd be waking up next to that girl realizing your both grown adults now in a near two decade long relationship, that you're all but married and finally want to stop fucking around wanting a women of class and substance to finally add some quality and meaning to your love life.

Well, let me rephrase it then. Since we already have PLENTY of good cRPGS of substance and importance released and on the way, you could say that we already have a steady good relationship, BUT.. sometimes we get bored, and we pickup some stuff on the side. A side-chick if you will. Just to throw around, for shit n giggles when we're bored with the good good goood stufffs we already have (And are going to get).

Right now, we're just waiting for the next beautiful woman to come along and sweep us off our feet, meanwhile, what we got is pretty good, with the occational stuff on the side for when we get bored and just fuck about.

Monocause

Arcane
That was from a distant time, when I was in between bitches and in a strange transistion! I have a girlfriend now.

And yet you still sound like you're constantly trying to compensate for something; appreciate you went over 9000 and have a different username before but maybe the transition wasn't profound enough.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Anyone wondering how the Charisma pacify perks work:
When you point your gun at an enemy, you're prompted to press E to pacify. Your character says something stupid and it rolls to see if you succeeded.

You can try multiple times, so running into a hoard of feral ghouls now results in madly tapping E and listening to "CALM DOWN YA FREAK" said about 20 times. If you do succeed, they just sit on the floor and do nothing. It feels like a half-assed mod or something.

It's so nice of Bethesda to help out the rape/slave modders. Can't think of any other reason for it to exist than Todd liking his SexLab mods.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

We all have great sexual lives when we're describing it on forums, so I'll pass this opportunity to describe mine. Unsurprisingly, mine is also great. ;) The analogy it's applicable only in the sense that it's a free market, in both situations.

It's kind of awkward hearing "come on guys, it's just a silly game", which I agree with, among the praises "it's a masterpiece" by critics. As a consumer, I'm kind of confused, whom should I trust? :lol:

What is 2008 about it? FO3 was a warmed over Oblivion from 2006 and many qualities of that game go back further than that.

This games like the progeny of a Hapsburg after centuries of inbreeding.
I didn't want to be that harsh, and I thought FO3 is a better base for comparison as it's the closest thing to FO4. But I get what you mean.

Astral Rag

Arcane
"Prostitution is literally worse than genocide" - author of Escapist F4 review

ddddddddsftpi0.png

Beastro

Arcane
"Prostitution is literally worse than genocide" - author of Escapist F4 review

ddddddddsftpi0.png

Ya know, we all do that little mental game where we weigh the terrible things about certain acts against one another, how certain things about rape are worse than murder, but most come to the conclusion that those things are little tid bits and don't invalidate the central reasons why murder worse than rape. With people likes these, obsessed with minor little details (which also aids them in reading too deeply into things) they don't even consider the bigger picture.

Shit like this keeps reminding me again and again of Chesterton's definition of insanity - it's not something who is acting without sanity but someone who is acting too rationally, as in conspiracy idiots always having an explanation for things.

It's a kind of rationality. A very, very twisted one divorce from reality and common sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom