Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Nice, 5 minutes in already found the most random bug. Lockpicking screen is invisible on 4:3 resolutions :lol:
The UI also doesn't align properly in 4:3. Have to play in widescreen mode.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Anyway, watched some videos. Whoever bought this or pirated it, is an idiot. It's a combination of the worst things Bethesda is capable of doing wrapped up in something that somehow looks worse than fallout 3 (not even joking, the shadows are nicer but the atheistic is a nightmare).

Not disappointed or amused just indifferent. I wish Todd all the best as he goes to his penthouse, fucks a bunch of hoes and gets wasted of cocaine.

Not sure why people are getting so butthurt about people playing the pirated version. You're not even giving Beth money, you are just wasting time doing shit until something new and better comes along.

Mindless fun, you'know. Not everything needs to be high brow expert level of brilliance. Especially not now, that we know how incompetent Beth are at making "RPGs". It's just shit n giggles.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Not sure why people are getting so butthurt about people playing the pirated version. You're not even giving Beth money, you are just wasting time doing shit until something new and better comes along.

Mindless fun, you'know.

Not butthurt. Just find staring at nothing while picking my nose more fun. If you like it, enjoy yourself. I will find something more interesting before spending what free time I have.

Gotta say though, it's better than fallout 3 so far. They finally embraced their inner hobo, threw everything at your from the get go (dog, armor, base building) and fucked off. Seems like even they understand how badly the suck at storytelling and writing. Gun play is better too, so that helps. Works fine on my old ass PC (high settings). Gonna put it on a shelf for the moment though and wait a few months for mods. If nothing comes up and they won't introduce paid mods, I might even buy the eventual -75% GOTY edition.
:codexisfor:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Find another Fusion Core... [Hint] Probably wont be until much later into the game

Gee gee bro!

It was a joke, in the old days before the decline a lot of Fallout 2 noobs couldn't work out how to refuel the Highwayman so that question was asked ad nauseam on the message boards I frequented at the time.

Viata

Arcane
If FO3 was so bad, what is the point in saying FO4 is better than 3? I mean, doesn't seems to be so hard to be better than FO3 if everyone here hates it.

Divinity: Original Sin
Is it majestic?

Fallout3_Thumb_04.jpg

Can't wait for angry joe review...

Beastro

Arcane
I recognise that voice:

Oh apparently he made another!

Good times.

What a gasbag.

All the pleas to respect his opinion. You say that more than once how can you expect respect when you come off as a weak insecure fool (Assuming even saying it once would make anyone respect an opinion when they're built upon what the opinion is made of, not ones desire for it to be respected).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they'll come out later like Arkham Knight and say 12-16 is the new recommended?
I don't know why they would do that, except for PR purposes, to counter the prevailing impression that their engine is outdated. They introduced a 4GB RAM patch for Skyrim, and unless they've updated the engine in that regard, 4GB should still be the limit.

EDIT:
I just checked the PS4 and the Xbox One hardware specs. Wikipedia says the Xbox One has 5GB RAM available for games, and PS4 has 8 GB RAM total. Judging by the overall visible level of optimization for the various platforms, which is none, I'd venture a guess FO4 is designed with 4GB RAM systems in mind. So I guess benchmarks will soon show that it doesn't make a difference how much ram you have as long as it's at least 4GB.

EDIT2:
In preliminary resource utilization testing, we found that 1080/max settings demand committed memory of about 4.8GB
http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2177-fallout-4-pc-video-card-fps-benchmark-all-resolutions

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane

Wow, the Guardian actually has something on it that I agree with....

I don't know why they would do that, except for PR purposes, to counter the prevailing impression that their engine is outdated. They introduced a 4GB RAM patch for Skyrim, and unless they've updated the engine in that regard, 4GB should still be the limit.

Have fun with it, I have a feeling it's going to be around as long as Gamebryo was.

Fallout 4 stands grinning that big dumb grin of his, ignorant of my dilemma. But New Vegas understands and gives me a reassuring wink. If there's one thing the Courier taught us, it's how to get rid of an inconvenient body if need be.

Xgy6HM5.png

Below them Max Payne is all maudlin as usual and for some reason there's a cat.

Last edited:
They introduced a 4GB RAM patch for Skyrim, and unless they've updated the engine in that regard, 4GB should still be the limit.

Absolutely boggles the mind that they patched Skyrim to meet the standards of the time but wouldn't make sure the next title can do the same naturally.

Bethesda, etc.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom