Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Have been playing till Thameshaven and mostly squashing Leeches and talking to depressed Fish people....

I don't know, I can't say this is a huge upgrade over F4. Sorta boring and tame.... does it pick up later?

Though Churchill is such a boy.

Gargaune

Arcane
Alright chaps and chaplettes, I have finished revising my FOLON page it should be much easier to follow now. I've also updated the modlist, there are some gems on there as well as a needed fix so make sure you check it out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3297023554 in case you aren't aware that all my stuff is in my sig
Is my primitive barbarian brain correct in understanding that this setup allows you to run Fallout-Londinium as a separate instance from Fallout 4
The way I understand it, you should be able to use separate profiles in MO2 for regular Fo4 and FOLON. Each profile has its own list of enabled mods but MO2 also has an option that allows you to localise saves and configs per profile (your path in My Documents becomes redundant) so you can just flip between the two from your drop-down list whenever you want, but you'll have to install FOLON's files manually.

Orange Clock

Novice
So how much woke and/or fetish content is in this?
No fetishes so far(if you don’t count bri’ishsplotation - but I guess it’s in line with Bethesda obsession with 50s Americana).
As for woke, well aside from usual stuff like selecting body type, liberal(commie) ideas etc not so much; except the library terminal with a list of books there they changed Harry Potter to Larry smth and Rowling to Bowling and they have a list of banned books on same terminal(1984, lolita, dr.zhivago etc), so much for self awareness I guess, but hey maybe it’s the famous British Humor.
For a plus side there’s a guy who asks you to find some religious hymns.

But for me the biggest problem of this mod, is the same one that plagues all 3D Fallouts: people live in shit and dress like idiots ~ 150 year after apocalypse.

Orange Clock

Novice
Alright chaps and chaplettes, I have finished revising my FOLON page it should be much easier to follow now. I've also updated the modlist, there are some gems on there as well as a needed fix so make sure you check it out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3297023554 in case you aren't aware that all my stuff is in my sig
Is my primitive barbarian brain correct in understanding that this setup allows you to run Fallout-Londinium as a separate instance from Fallout 4
The way I understand it, you should be able to use separate profiles in MO2 for regular Fo4 and FOLON. Each profile has its own list of enabled mods but MO2 also has an option that allows you to localise saves and configs per profile (your path in My Documents becomes redundant) so you can just flip between the two from your drop-down list whenever you want, but you'll have to install FOLON's files manually.
In that case you’d probably have some weird issues like textures being from OG Fallout, armor clipping, strange faces. At least I’ve them but I don’t really care

orcinator

Liturgist
Now, as far as the mod goes, the design isn’t good. It favors melee builds because there’s absolutely no ammo or good guns.
Did Fallout 4 get a mod that seperates the button for power attacks and the button for throwing grenades?
Or better yet a less shit melee system, but I'm not going to be that optimistic.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fallout 4: GOTY Edition is currently nr 1 most often sold game on GOG, seems like people are buying the game there to facilitate the installation of Fallout: London.

The mod itself is free, but GOG will earn lots of cash on this release!

Gargaune

Arcane
In that case you’d probably have some weird issues like textures being from OG Fallout, armor clipping, strange faces. At least I’ve them but I don’t really care
That shouldn't be the case, if FOLON "replaces" any vanilla assets, they'd be overloaded through their mod archives, FOLON's installer shouldn't overwrite the vanilla archives themselves. And unless I'm mistaken, the original Fo4 forms are still loaded anyway, someone made a mod that allows you to travel back from FOLON's London to Fo4's Boston. Check you've got archive invalidation enabled.

Fallout 4: GOTY Edition is currently nr 1 most often sold game on GOG, seems like people are buying the game there to facilitate the installation of Fallout: London.

Maybe, if I might indulge in some unwarranted optimism, someone at Bethesda will finally get the message on just how much customers appreciate their "next-gen, trust me bro" version.

thesecret1

Arcane
Played it a bit. My impressions so far:
Writibg is serviceable, not much better than Beth's, but there's no retarded dialogue wheel and there are frequent stat checks in dialogue. Localization is great and everyone's heavily Bri'ish. Contains nigs and pajeets, but in much smaller quantities than whites. In terms of environmental storytelling, it suffers from the exact same issues as FO4, in that the city is practically untouched since the moment the bombs fell, despite a century and a half passing between then and now.

Combat is the same as in FO4, but the drvs clearly decided to rebalance stuff heavily. Expect most things to one-shot you when you start. What I've noticed is that while the wildlife tends to be spongy, the people are just as fragile as the PC, making me suspect that the ideais for people to gain resistances mostly from armor, while the wildlife gets them naturally.

Encountered quite a few bugs (though none so far that's make it unplayable) and the whole thing is rather rough and unpolished.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Combat is the same as in FO4, but the drvs clearly decided to rebalance stuff heavily. Expect most things to one-shot you when you start. What I've noticed is that while the wildlife tends to be spongy, the people are just as fragile as the PC, making me suspect that the ideais for people to gain resistances mostly from armor, while the wildlife gets them naturally.
Seems very unlike Fallout 4. And a major incline in comparison to this game's extremely bullet spongy enemies.

orcinator

Liturgist
In terms of environmental storytelling, it suffers from the exact same issues as FO4, in that the city is practically untouched since the moment the bombs fell, despite a century and a half passing between then and now.
Wait, really? They picked another continent and they still refused to set it 5-20~ years after the bombs?

Did Todd visit them and threaten to give them the Dreamboy treatment?

Yosharian

Arcane

That was their plan all along, they aren't fucking stupid.

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright a brief commentary on what I've played so far.

Gameplay: I'm playing on Survival and its extremely hard. Enemies deal a LOT of damage and your starting health is remarkably low. Enemy damage taken isn't what I would describe as spongy exactly, but you're definitely not one-shotting enemies with the shitty weapons you start with. I found an actual fucking Longsword in one of the buildings in the early game area, and holy shit this thing pumps out damage. It's brutal, but I'm enjoying it a lot - I've played Frost, so this kind of thing doesn't give me whiplash like it does your typical Fallout 4 normies - plenty of them crying in the Discord.

I've nerfed the 'needs' aspects of Survival but I needn't have to be honest, the mod drowns you in water and food if you're smart about it. It's not anywhere as challenging in this respect as Frost is. You can craft Purified Water with 3x Dirty Water (which can be bottled) just by using a Cooking Station, lmao. AND Purified Water heals you!

Writing: it's not that bad, honestly. Initially I wasn't too impressed, but I met a couple of NPCs in the Swan & Mitre whose dialogue really impressed me, and had me laughing out loud. And I'm not talking about the cringy 'I'M BRITISH YOU KNOW'-style of dialogue, the mod has plenty of that and it's not that funny, but these NPCs were actually genuinely well-written.

Quests: it's a real mixed bag, there's some fetch quests that are a little boring but they're OK I guess. There's some really great moments, I just went through this tunnel searching for an NPC who's gone AWOL, and it was fucking awesome. Music, visuals, sound and gameplay all working in concert to create a really neat little set piece.

So yeah. It has its issues but its pretty good for a mod. Way, way fucking better than the usual trash that gets lauded by the media like Falskaar. And no sign of woke shit either.

As I've already mentioned, it has its fair share of bugs, and I've also experienced some pretty sharp frame rate drops in the overworld today, so it needs a bit of polishing.

9ted6

Educated
In terms of environmental storytelling, it suffers from the exact same issues as FO4, in that the city is practically untouched since the moment the bombs fell, despite a century and a half passing between then and now.
Haven't played it but judging by the screenshots it's also worse about the retarded Bethesdafication of the Fallout aesthetic where they made everything in the US from culture to architecture completely stagnant and unchanged from the 50s. Meanwhile Fallout London makes it look like Britain never changed whatsoever from the 40s.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Meanwhile Fallout London makes it look like Britain never changed whatsoever from the 40s.
[talks into mini tape recorder]
'Questline for FOLO: unique variant of FEV that purges jeets and other wogs. Hail Britannia.'

Yosharian

Arcane
Bethesda should honestly feel embarassed, twice now someone else has taken their game and created a new game from it that's better than what Beth made

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I can't say I'm thrilled to give this downgrader app my steam pw, but even after making a temp one my steamguard is probably keeping the app from logging in. Manual it is then. Why I can't do this in steam with a simple pull down tab is beyond me. There's no option to turn off autoupdates either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom