Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda should honestly feel embarassed, twice now someone else has taken their game and created a new game from it that's better than what Beth made
At least 3 with Nehrim, Enderal, Fallout London.

thesecret1

Arcane
Played some more. Slightly annoyed about all the little things that haven't been brought all the way to the finish. For example, drinking nuka cola gives me a ticket (since that's used instead of bottle caps) which makes no sense whatsoever. Aside from that, though, it's pretty solid. I dig the difficulty – it feels like massive bullshit at the start, but gets pretty fun once you get yourself some pea shooter and shootouts become a glass cannon vs glass cannon kinda thing. Fighting wildlife still sucks though since even dogs take like 5 bullets to put down (I guess they're considered a higher level enemy somehow, despite being one of the first critters you encounter?)

Still haven't found a settlement to found my base at, which is a problem in a game focused on looting all kinds of crap so you can craft newer shit. I guess I'll stop doing quests for a bit and just go exploring the overworld until I hopefully stumble upon one. Pleasantly surprised about faction towns, though – compared to FO4, there seems to be more of them and have more quests (though they cannot compare to F:NV).

By the way, people talking about there not being enough guns or ammo are completely wrong. Every other hooligan has a pea shooter on him, and vendors sell truckloads of ammo at affordable prices. You just don't find much ammo via looting, that's about it.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
If you install it from GOG you won't be able to play the base game anymore.

Screenshot-2024-07-29-091810.png

Vic

Savant
Do I see that right that the London installer COPIED files from the London folder into the GOTY folder and now the total space the game and mod use is 100GB? Can I not delete the London folder after I installed it? Or the GOTY folder? And why did it COPY the files?

100GB SSD requirements to play this mod smh

Edit:
I uninstalled London and it seems like I can still play the mod by launching Fallout4.exe from the GOTY folder, so I don't think it's necessary to keep London around after it has patched the base game. So that brings it down to a total of 65GB disk space. Only installed it for now, going to start playing later. Oh and it comes with F4SE preinstalled so I guess I should start it with the f4se_loader.exe

Last edited:

VonMiskov

Educated
TBH for a free mod made by some britfags with I presume no budget I'm bloody impressed. Still needs ironing out. I got stuck in old navy royal academy, they missed the trigger to exit the building and had to resort to noclip my way out.

Still the base gameplay is Fallout 4 but fortunately so far no ultra retarded writing just meh and some stupidity with Thamesfolk (them being pacifist but only for quest purpose). And it's 200 years after the bombs fell and it copies the cardinal sin of Beth's Fallout - everything is frozen in time. Wrecked cars and skeleton and dirt in places where human live. Although it's London so it might actually be accurate. Hmm...

Overall some britfags made a slightly better Beth's Fallout game on chips and fish only while Todd can't make a playable game with $300 million budget :roll:

Yosharian

Arcane
I wanna comment briefly on the soundtrack. It's excellent. At times it reminds me of Vangelis' work on Blade Runner. Sometimes it's a little overbearing in the overworld. I tweaked the volume down a touch and that made it better. Overall it's really great though.

Vic

Savant
Holy shit, the British is strong with this one. "Woar nevah changes." Anyway, time to play this biscuit!

Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-01-12-PM.png
Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-10-56-PM.png

Some interesting traits, right from the get-go.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-13-23-PM.png

Aw shit, I forgot how garbage Fallout 4's UI is.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-20-31-PM.png

Of course, can't have a Fallout in Britain without tea. I hope the milk is still fresh.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-33-10-PM.png

Aww, how cute. Let's kiss some corporate ass.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-37-16-PM.png

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Fighting rats as the first enemy in typical RPG fashion. Barefisted. And I'm not talking about BG3. Even though I looted a bunch of shit so far, I can't equip any of it because I haven't found my pipboy yet, or whatever the equivalent will be. Fantastic game design.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-24-56-PM.png

Speak of the devil. But why are terminals so zoomed out? It's really hard to read.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-32-49-PM.png

Oh, wrong pip. The pipboy in Britain is this Walkman looking thing here.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-36-20-PM.png
Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-36-34-PM.png
Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-36-48-PM.png

Last edited:

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Do I see that right that the London installer COPIED files from the London folder into the GOTY folder and now the total space the game and mod use is 100GB? Can I not delete the London folder after I installed it? Or the GOTY folder? And why did it COPY the files?

100GB SSD requirements to play this mod smh

Edit:
I uninstalled London and it seems like I can still play the mod by launching Fallout4.exe from the GOTY folder, so I don't think it's necessary to keep London around after it has patched the base game. So that brings it down to a total of 65GB disk space. Only installed it for now, going to start playing later. Oh and it comes with F4SE preinstalled so I guess I should start it with the f4se_loader.exe
And it looks like it needs to d/l another 33gb to patch itself. Into the FO4 folder. My FO4 folder sits at 119GB, vanilla install after a wipe, but with the HR pack. No FOLO mods from the modlist yet.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You might have to upgrade your SSD to play this game. Devs are never going to stop releasing bloatware.

Vic

Savant
Okay, how dumb is this? I can actually drink this milk. Come on man, it's getting hard to take this mod seriously.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-48-21-PM.png

Also, I was able to finally equip some proper protection.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-53-44-PM.png

Vic

Savant
Great localization indeed!

Fallout4-7-29-2024-8-11-28-PM.png

But seriously, the soundtrack is really nice and moody, the voice acting has been superb so far as well. The game is a bit too dark in some places but all in all I think the atmosphere is great, or as great as can be in the FO4 engine.

That said, it's getting late I really don't want to play anymore right now. But I'm playing on survival difficulty and I can't save until I find a bed, but no luck so far...

Another good thing is I've been alt-tabbing out dozens of times to post screenshots, and no crashes so far. I even have the 'dreaded' weapon debris setting enabled.

Vic

Savant
Is this the fabled British humor? Condoms are a usable item and give you rad resist... Also worth a pretty penny. Seems like people in the post apocalypse are really worried about STDs.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-8-31-42-PM.png

Edit:
Item placement has been good so far. Lot's of easy to miss items stashed away and on the floor even. Feels like really good FO4 gameplay. From what little writing I've seen up until now it hasn't been bad at all either. But goddammit give me a bed already.

Edit2:
So, I died to a rat because I have to fight them with my fists and I'm on survival difficulty. Good thing is, I found out that the game autosaved and I can finally go to sleep.

Last edited:

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
The loading times are much longer than I remember in FO4, and my rig is stronger than it was when that released, currently a hexacore and NVME.

The first time I exited the Strand to London station I jumped on the train and it left the station. I immediately quickloaded and the train was gone. Slightly later after reentering through the exterior chained Strand door, the train was there again but did not move.

Edit: that's a bug. Getting on the train is mandatory to proceed. Starting over.

Got my first CTD.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom