Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Yosharian

Arcane
6 cores! Wow!

Yeah its buggy, don't play it without certain mods that fix bugs/stability

thesecret1

Arcane
Aaaand I just met a gay treeman. He preaches some faggy new age wicca bullshit and soon sends you to find some shit in a bunker, where his "partner" died, about whom he's happy to talk your ear off to assure you that he indeed is a massive homo. Curious how literally none of the other NPCs I've met had nearly as much to say about anything as this literal cocksucker did about his buttbuddy. To add insult to injury, you need to fulfill his quest to gain access to the settlement workbench there, or so I assume.

Orange Clock

Novice
Okay, how dumb is this? I can actually drink this milk. Come on man, it's getting hard to take this mod seriously.

Fallout4-7-29-2024-7-48-21-PM.png
Ofk you can. All milk in our world is a palm dust mixed with water, it’s probably even worse in the UK

Orange Clock

Novice
Aaaand I just met a gay treeman. He preaches some faggy new age wicca bullshit and soon sends you to find some shit in a bunker, where his "partner" died, about whom he's happy to talk your ear off to assure you that he indeed is a massive homo. Curious how literally none of the other NPCs I've met had nearly as much to say about anything as this literal cocksucker did about his buttbuddy. To add insult to injury, you need to fulfill his quest to gain access to the settlement workbench there, or so I assume.
Is he essentiall?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Fetishist makes disgusting content about a fetishist who won't stop telling you about his fetish. It's like fagception.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Either steam tried to update the game itself or my config got corrupted somehow....getting a slideshow and almost immediate CTD on game loads. Got as far as walking to the first base with the Peaky Blinders insert.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Thought I'd ask, you guys want I keep you updated about my playthough? If yes vote me yes/agree/whatever and if you don't want that I ship up this thread vote No/retarded/etc.

Posting about it is fun but if nobody cares I'd finish this mod a lot faster. Also my game seriously lags when taking a screenshot for some reason.

Edit:
Holy shit the loading screens are MUCH worse than in Starfield. I was just in an almost 2 minute long loading screen, thinking I was stuck and about to lose ~1 hour of progress (seriously why are there no mattresses in the station?). Was about ready to drop this mod but luckily it loaded.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Well, seeing how almost nobody cares one way or another and I discovered that if I screenshot it with the game's engine (just hitting Print Screen) instead via the Windows Game Bar, it creates a screenshot just fine without lag, albeit it dumps it straight into the game folder.

I actually missed the starter weapon on my first run (before I died barefisting a rat). Turns out it's a walking cane (queue laughter).

Screen-Shot3.png

Also got a fitting bowling hat, there are quite a lot of hats in the starting area, actually. Naturally I picked them all up because they are worth quite a bit of tickets. And yes the currency in this mod are train tickets.

Looking dapper.

Screen-Shot4.png

Why can't I make Fish and Chips? That's some serious design flaw.

Screen-Shot7.png

Smoking is actually good for you in Britain. Gives a 5% XP bonus.

Screen-Shot8.png

Are ticket machines a Brit's worst enemy? I was stuck for a good while in the starter area trying to find a way out. Turns out you have to swipe a ticket through the machine's scanner.

Screen-Shot9.png

Made it outside, but the game runs at 45 FPS due to the bad weather, and it's not my hardware's fault. There's a train waiting for me that I'm supposed to board, what could go wrong?

Screen-Shot10.png

Game looks pretty good. Kind of depressing,though.

Screen-Shot12.png

So, while riding the train the game faded out and next thing I know I was somehow in a train crash? Umm, okay?

Screen-Shot13.png

It's kind of shit to start a game that is supposed to be open world in a long straight corridor past the introductory dungeon. You can really see that the people behind this mod are amateurs.

Screen-Shot15.png

Okay, how is this different from FO4's dialogue of:

- Yes
- Sarcastic Yes
- No (Yes)
- Fuck You (Yes)

In this case three of the options are "who are you?"

Screen-Shot18.png

And it follows up with more redundant dialogue "choices" when it's now my turn to introduce myself to these fine gentlemen I met in the middle of the night in a dark alley.

Screen-Shot19.png

TheKing01

Novice
A Fallout game with no PA and it's set in the UK's Detroit equivalent of all places?

*sigh*

That aside, the lead dev on this is a shameless, bald LARPer and I wish nothing but the worst for this project.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
So I have a fairly new install of FO4 going on, I hear there was a whole mess of hoops I have to jump through to get this working with steam. Is that true and does anyone have any insight there? Wouldmt mind trying it but if its going to require hours of work...can git farked.

Vic

Savant
So I have a fairly new install of FO4 going on, I hear there was a whole mess of hoops I have to jump through to get this working with steam. Is that true and does anyone have any insight there? Wouldmt mind trying it but if its going to require hours of work...can git farked.
You have to downgrade the steam version. They released an "official" downgrader here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4london/mods/1

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What's wrong with gay Treeman?

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Is that how its going to stay? Wondering if its worth waiting for a bit, messing around in vanilla for a bit longer, before I apparently overwrite everything and fk it up (as I heard London will mean I have to overwrite vanilla completely)

Ed: (supposed to be a reply to Vic)

Vic

Savant
Is that how its going to stay? Wondering if its worth waiting for a bit, messing around in vanilla for a bit longer, before I apparently overwrite everything and fk it up (as I heard London will mean I have to overwrite vanilla completely)
Yeah, you have to disable cloud saves (make a local backup of your saves to be sure imo) and then install this mod on top of your FO4 game folder, making it impossible to play the base game without a clean reinstall.

Though it seems it's possible to install this mod manually via mod managers, but that's probably going to be more hassle than it's worth. Might be possible to keep separate profiles that way though. And of course still have to downgrade the Steam version.

Vic

Savant
Missed the knife as well I see.
Where was that knife? Pretty sure I searched everything thoroughly, twice even because I died. But I did get a knife now from these fine gentlemen.

Screen-Shot20.png

First bed in the game and it's not usable. I don't understand why it's so hard to add more beds for survival players?

Screen-Shot21.png

Also why does swiping a ticket through the reader remove the ticket? That's bollocks.

These 2-3 minute loading screens are getting ridiculous. But post apocalyptic Britain does look quite nice. I'd take that over modern day Britain any day.

Screen-Shot22.png

One thing that annoys me almost as much as the loading screens is this stupid knife spinning animation that he does every couple minutes and it's incredibly long and distracting.

Screen-Shot23.png

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Fuck this. 3 minute loading screens every time I enter the overworld is a joke. I took the Sleepwalker trait which makes me spawn in a random location every time I sleep (just found a usable bed for the first time after several hours) and no way am I going to sit through minutes of loading screens every time I try to sleep/save. The sleepwalker perk teleported me to the other side of the map (the map is huge) and fast travel is disabled in survival. You could say it's on me for choosing this perk in this game mode but still, that's some wonky shit to sleep walk across the whole map in Fallout. Also performance is shit, game randomly reduces itself to 5 FPS.

Uninstalled.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where was that knife? Pretty sure I searched everything thoroughly, twice even because I died. But I did get a knife now from these fine gentlemen.
Was in the upper floors that the left above the station entrance gets you to.
Nevermind that, what on earth made you pick sleepwalker in the first place?

Vic

Savant
what on earth made you pick sleepwalker in the first place?
It sounded interesting but I didn't know the loading screens where several minutes long and that it would teleport you literally randomly across the map. I just napped for an hour and ended up way down on the lower left corner of the map. The game design of this mod is pretty bad.

VonMiskov

Educated
what on earth made you pick sleepwalker in the first place?
It sounded interesting but I didn't know the loading screens where several minutes long and that it would teleport you literally randomly across the map. I just napped for an hour and ended up way down on the lower left corner of the map. The game design of this mod is pretty bad.
That's literally what it's said in the description of the perk. Why is it bad game design? That you took it :roll:

Yosharian

Arcane
If only someone had created a complete installation and mod guide

:negative:

Vic

Savant
That's literally what it's said in the description of the perk. Why is it bad game design? That you took it :roll:
Because it doesn't make sense to sleep walk across the whole map, considering there are enemies everywhere and you can't walk 1 minute without being attacked by something?

Also, did you read my play along? I pointed out several examples of bad game design.

Vic

Savant
I take it back, I thought Vic's account had been taken over by Rusty but even Rusty isn't as retarded as this
What's retarded here? The game loading for 3 minutes every time I try to go to the overworld? Or the knife flipping animation that happens every minute and takes up 80% of the screen? Or maybe the bad performance, graphical glitches and severe FPS drops? I agree, pretty retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom