Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Yosharian

Arcane
You are retarded. You pick a trait knowing what it does and then get butthurt and throw your toys out of your pram when it does exactly what it says it would do. You get it now?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
You are retarded. You pick a trait knowing what it does and then get butthurt and throw your toys out of your pram when it does exactly what it says it would do. You get it now?
The trait is not the point, it's the fact that I get a 2-3 minute long loading screen every time I try to sleep/save because the game teleports me somewhere else. You get it yet or should I slow down even more?

You should try to calm your ADHD zoomer brain and actually read what people are posting before you call them retarded.

Yosharian

Arcane
More butthurt. Why don't you go back to the Starfield thread and whine some more there. That game is very safe and won't let you pick zany traits, it's training wheels at all times. It's clearly your sort of game.

Actually now that I think of it, you should give FOLON another try, there's a trait that's perfect for you, it's called 'Numbskull'

Vic

Savant
I see you are purposefully avoiding my real issue with the mod to be able to name-call me. Sorry buddy but I'm not 12 years old to play with you. Enjoy your loading screens, I guess.

Vic

Savant
To clear up some things because it's actually you who are gaslighting and shitting up this thread with your tantrum:

I like FO4 and I went in with the mindset to like this mod but from the get-go the game showed several design flaws:

• I was playing for a good half hour, looting equipment and other items and I couldn't equip or use them because I haven't found my Atta-boy (that's the name) yet.
  • The dialogue choices that I have seen have been pretty much like in the original FO4: Yes, Sarcastic Yes, No (Yes), Fuck You (Yes)
  • Milk is drinkable decades after the Fallout. This doesn't make sense. Nuka Cola and water are drinkable because one is water, the other an incredibly sugary soft drink, that's kind of the joke that Nuka Cola is still fine, some are even made better by radiation. It's not really funny with a carton of milk.
  • They added the gog.com logo into the game. More immersion breaking and questionable design decisions. Apparently if you play it on the steam version the t-shirt appears just white.
  • The game wasn't balanced for survival difficulty because I found my first usable bed only after 3 hours of playtime. This is absolutely unacceptable.
  • The terminals are zoomed out and it's very hard to read the small text, what's up with that?
  • Very bad performance overall. First time I made it out of the starting area I had 45 FPS because of the rain and fog being rendered. My hardware wasn't fully utilized so it was the game's engine that struggled with what the mod added. FO4 has the same issues with having FPS issues in dense areas, but this mod makes it a lot worse. A few times my FPS randomly dropped to and stuck at 5 for some reason and I had to enter a building to fix it.
  • The Sleepwalker trait doesn't make sense. It randomly teleports you across the large map and again, not balanced for survival. This trait makes the game unplayable in this mode because you are forced to sleep in order to save your progress and fast travel is disabled. The way it works now is it can teleport you all across London and then good luck getting back to where you were. They should've changed it so that you can only sleepwalk within a specific radius
  • The loading screens are bonkers. I stopped the time once and it look over 2 minutes to load the over-world. That's playing on the same SSD that had 3 second loading screens in Starfield. Absolutely unacceptable
That's just from playing the mod for ~5 hours. It's mainly the 2-3 minute loading screens and the broken Sleepwalker trait that made the mod unplayable for me because not only do you get teleported to a random place on the map each time you try to sleep/save, you're also getting a loading screen. Totally ridiculous. If they can fix these two issues I'm more than happy to give this mod another try.

Last edited:

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
To clear up some things because it's actually you who are gaslighting and shitting up this thread with your tantrum:

I like FO4 and I went in with the mindset to like this mod but from the get-go the game showed several design flaws:

• I was playing for a good half hour, looting equipment and other items and I couldn't equip or use them because I haven't found my Atta-boy (that's the name) yet.
  • The dialogue choices that I have seen have been pretty much like in the original FO4: Yes, Sarcastic Yes, No (Yes), Fuck You (Yes)
  • Milk is drinkable decades after the Fallout. This doesn't make sense. Nuka Cola and water are drinkable because one is water, the other an incredibly sugary soft drink, that's kind of the joke that Nuka Cola is still fine, some are even made better by radiation. It's not really funny with a carton of milk.
  • They added the gog.com logo into the game. More immersion breaking and questionable design decisions. Apparently if you play it on the steam version the t-shirt appears just white.
  • The game wasn't balanced for survival difficulty because I found my first usable bed only after 3 hours of playtime. This is absolutely unacceptable.
  • The terminals are zoomed out and it's very hard to read the small text, what's up with that?
  • Very bad performance overall. First time I made it out of the starting area I had 45 FPS because of the rain and fog being rendered. My hardware wasn't fully utilized so it was the game's engine that struggled with what the mod added. FO4 has the same issues with having FPS issues in dense areas, but this mod makes it a lot worse. A few times my FPS randomly dropped to and stuck at 5 for some reason and I had to enter a building to fix it.
  • The Sleepwalker trait doesn't make sense. It randomly teleports you across the large map and again, not balanced for survival. This trait makes the game unplayable in this mode because you are forced to sleep in order to save your progress and fast travel is disabled. The way it works now is it can teleport you all across London and then good luck getting back to where you were. They should've changed it so that you can only sleepwalk within a specific radius
  • The loading screens are bonkers. I stopped the time once and it look over 2 minutes to load the over-world. That's playing on the same SSD that had 3 second loading screens in Starfield. Absolutely unacceptable
That's just from playing the mod for ~5 hours. It's mainly the 2-3 minute loading screens that made the mod unplayable for me. If they can fix that I'm more than happy to give this mod another try.
Unlike base fallout 4 it has dialogue checks though. Also to fix some of your issues you should install some of the recommended mods, particularly Buffout. I did that and I don't have the issues you describe, except for some frame rate issues in some places (like Thameshaven).

I agree on sleepwalker, it worked way different than I expected and is just disappointing.

For survival id install the mod that lets you save and fast travel tbh.

Your issue is with milk? Wait until you find a full plate of fish and chips lmao.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Also some of the real issues I have with the mod is that theres a lot of fake doors, and in general its hard to find where to go in a lot of dungeons etc. The modders even have to resort to putting immersion breaking arrows and signs on the walls to give directions, lol. The level design just isnt....great.

Vic

Savant
Oh so this mod needs mods that fix it lmao

And no, a mod that allows you to save and fast travel in survival isn't a fix at all. Why play survival at all then? It's the scarce save points that make it so exciting and rewarding... but 3 hours without a manual save point is just ridiculous. Luckily the game auto saved, which I only found out after dying.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Oh so this mod needs mods that fix it lmao

And no, a mod that allows you to save and fast travel in survival isn't a fix at all. Why play survival at all then? It's the scarce save points that make it so exciting and rewarding.
It also needs script extender to work, think of it as just another requirement.

Some people play survival for the food, hunger, sleep shit. Idk. Just a suggestion

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was playing for a good half hour, looting equipment and other items and I couldn't equip or use them because I haven't found my Atta-boy (that's the name) yet
Pretty lame complaint when you claim to like Fo4 and it does get you the pipboy for quite a bit. And the Attaboy is not exactly a million miles away.

The dialogue choices that I have seen have been pretty much like in the original FO4: Yes, Sarcastic Yes, No (Yes), Fuck You (Yes)
Some options show up only when you have the stats for it. Still, I think this is something mods couldn't fix for the base game either.

Milk is drinkable decades after the Fallout. This doesn't make sense. Nuka Cola and water are drinkable because one is water, the other an incredibly sugary soft drink, that's kind of the joke that Nuka Cola is still fine, some are even made better by radiation. It's not really funny with a carton of milk.
You're not wrong, but frankly even Coca-Cola spoils so it's a pretty biased immersion you got here.
You know, now that I think of it, I hope these fallout writers are not claiming that all the radiation on the food and drink kills off the bacteria so it's spoilage-free.
Crom on his mountain, that better not be it.

The game wasn't balanced for survival difficulty because I found my first usable bed only after 3 hours of playtime. This is absolutely unacceptable
So? That's pretty much how the base game works too.

Very bad performance overall. First time I made it out of the starting area I had 45 FPS because of the rain and fog being rendered. My hardware wasn't fully utilized so it was the game's engine that struggled with what the mod added. FO4 has the same issues with having FPS issues in dense areas, but this mod makes it a lot worse. A few times my FPS randomly dropped to and stuck at 5 for some reason and I had to enter a building to fix it.
Ok this one is legit, and sadly I guess this is how it's gonna be in general.

The Sleepwalker perk doesn't make sense. It randomly teleports you across the large map, again it's not optimized for survival. This trait is absolutely horrible in this game mode because you are forced to sleep in order to save your progress. They should've changed it so that you can only sleepwalk within a specific radius
Nope, this one is on you buddy.

VonMiskov

Educated
I agree with a few things that are retarded like the knife spinning animation. Minimum 4 dialogue options I think is some retarded limitation of Fallout 4 and it
s retarded dialogues.
The loading times are bad but Vic is dramatizing it. Have you played Rogue Trader because boy, I was going mad looking at loading screens every 5 seconds.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The loading times are bad but Vic is dramatizing it. Have you played Rogue Trader because boy, I was going mad looking at loading screens every 5 seconds.
Sorry dude I got a big 'un for running all this crap.

Vic

Savant
The loading times are bad but Vic is dramatizing it.
I'm not dramatizing at all. Try playing it with the Sleepwalker trait. I think I've said that 3 times now that it multiplies the issue by quite a bit. Even without the trait it takes over 2 minutes (!) to load the map. And yeah, forgot to add the knife spinning animation to the list, but I'm sure there's even more I could add.

So? That's pretty much how the base game works too.
Nope, it doesn't. There are beds right when you leave the shelter. There are also mattresses everywhere. The base game is nicely balanced with spread out beds/save points for survival. There was not a single mattress in the starting train station.

Nope, this one is on you buddy.
I still believe the Sleepwalker perk should be limited to how far you can sleepwalk. How does it make sense that you walk in your sleep all across post apocalyptic London in an hour? It doesn't.

thesecret1

Arcane
I was playing for a good half hour, looting equipment and other items and I couldn't equip or use them because I haven't found my Atta-boy (that's the name) yet.
From the starting room, you go through the corridor to the second room with the tetminal, from which you get to tge third room with the atta boy. You can get there in under two minutes.

They added the gog.com logo into the game. More immersion breaking and questionable design decisions. Apparently if you play it on the steam version the t-shirt appears just white.
The logo is there on Steam too

The game wasn't balanced for survival difficulty because I found my first usable bed only after 3 hours of playtime. This is absolutely unacceptable.
You find your first bed right after the train crash. It's right behind the three Vagabonds you meet. Up until that point, you had regular autosaves.

The loading screens are bonkers. I stopped the time once and it look over 2 minutes to load the over-world. That's playing on the same SSD that had 3 second loading screens in Starfield. Absolutely unacceptable
My overworld loading screens take about 20 seconds. Either your setup's busted, or your PC is just shit.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That's literally what it's said in the description of the perk. Why is it bad game design? That you took it :roll:
Because it doesn't make sense to sleep walk across the whole map, considering there are enemies everywhere and you can't walk 1 minute without being attacked by something?

Also, did you read my play along? I pointed out several examples of bad game design.
First you choose a perk that does exactly what it says it does and then you cry and ragequit. That's mightily retarded.

As for load times, there's a mod for that. And besides, it's not even an issue for many people, more like an issue with your rig.

Vic

Savant
What even is "the steam version"? You can only download it from gog, no?

Fallout4-7-29-2024-6-37-16-PM.png
The shirt in my Steam version of F4 was plain white.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom