Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Yosharian

Arcane
Some screenshots that demonstrate the visual atmosphere of the game during the opening chapter (well, the 3rd one is from the open world)

FOLON1.jpg

FOLON2.jpg

FOLON3.jpg

FOLON4.jpg
A few more screenshots to add to my original post, for reference to accompany what I just posted

SCRN1.jpg
SCRN2.jpg
SCRN3.jpg

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The user support on Discord being run by volunteer moderators and developers. Absolutely outstanding.
Okay, now you're just grasping at straws and kissing their asses. Every single discord is run by "volunteers" and filled with no-lifers that answer stupid questions 24/7.

Like Jesus Christ get a grip, dude.

Yosharian

Arcane
  • Bugs that make you think what the fuck were testers doing. One of the first bobblehead items in the game (they're beer coasters) is broken, instead of giving you a 5% damage boost to melee/unarmed it nerfs ALL your damage by 50%.
Your Steam guide refers to a mod to fix this. Where is it hosted?
On the Nexus, just Google it

There is a better mod that fixes multiple coaster bugs though

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4london/mods/32?tab=posts

deuxhero

Arcane
They made a world nominally based on 1950s British sci-fi and there isn't a high end piece of armor that's just a perfectly white suit. Lame.

Mortmal

Arcane
The sheer scope of this project is insane. They have produced a worldspace that comes close to what Fallout 4 has,
Except most of it es empty and boring with doors you can't enter.
...and hard to navigate, with HP-bloated enemies likely due to some scaling bug, forcing you to spend time cheesing them and trapping them in the messy landscape that Fallout 4's 'AI' cannot cope with.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Does it ever not rain in this mod?

Anybody playing on Survival had the bug of beds disappearing after you've slept in them? Not sure if bug or feature.

Caffeine is a Sleepwalker's best friend.
Bro it's England, it actually doesn't rain enough in the mod compared to real life, especially this year.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Bethesda should be fucking embarrassed by this.
Nobody does open world as well as Bethesda and this mod doesn't even come close. Why are you such a fanboy of this mod? It's mediocre at best and total garbage if you're like me and a gameplayfag.
I think the building design and stuff is pretty nice. But I do have a lot of practical issues. The mod in general feels a bit "style over substance", I'm not that far into it yet though.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Does this mod warrant pirating F4 (which i've never played)? From Yosh review it sound's like better wait for year or two, while they iron out basic shit and modders fix the mod.:M

Yosharian

Arcane
The starting quest 'On the Mend' did not wrap up after the Thameshaven boatride. Does anyone know how to trigger? I've already done the Vagabond half.
You need to ask on the Discord for quest problems

Idle in the voice channel and someone will come help you eventually

Vic

Savant
Does this mod warrant pirating F4 (which i've never played)? From Yosh review it sound's like better wait for year or two, while they iron out basic shit and modders fix the mod.:M
There's no fixing this. Game design is rotten from the core up. Only British Fallout 4 fans can enjoy this.

Vic

Savant
Idle in the voice channel and someone will come help you eventually
Just to add to this, you don't have to use voice chat for Discord. Just post your question in the appropriate channel and someone will eventually come and help you.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Does this mod warrant pirating F4 (which i've never played)? From Yosh review it sound's like better wait for year or two, while they iron out basic shit and modders fix the mod.
Only if you like F4, which itself is a mediocre game. As mods go, this one is very impressive, but has some release lumps that will get patched. A lot of the rest is preference based and each player will mod it to tailor to that. In either case, Bethesda should be embarrassed.

Vic

Savant
Bethesda should be embarrassed.
Is there an actual reason for this or just a hate boner for Bethesda? I don't remember a single time where my character was stuck in a Bethesda map so that I had to reload or use console commands to get unstuck. This happened to me quite early in this mod. Also you can't target ladybugs with VATS? What's up with that? Tons of doors that you can't enter in the city? Long empty stretches without any enemies, or just a few of enemies when it should be more (2-3 raiders in a camp)? There was one guy living under the bridge by himself having set up a camp with just some wooden walls as a defense, right next to a raider camp...

Vic

Savant
Tons of doors that you can't enter in the city?
How's that any different from Bethesda? Walk through FO4 Concord and 95% of buildings are blocked the same way
Concord was the town you get power armor in? There are a couple buildings you can enter, plus a sewer, plus a cave with a power armor core, off the top of my head. I haven't found a single door that wasn't quest related that I could enter wandering around London in my 5 hours of playtime.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Bethesda should be embarrassed.
Is there an actual reason for this or just a hate boner for Bethesda?
Embarrassed because this free mod is so good compared to their paid DLCs. Yeah, it's a little rough in places at release but very serviceable.

Bethesda is what it is. Weak writing and simple quests. Big maps that are fun to explore, tons of loot and trash mobs. Mile wide and an inch deep. Like binging on junk food or capeshit. Dumb fun with no real depth.

Vic

Savant
Embarrassed because this free mod is so good compared to their paid DLCs.
What's good about it though? It made me ragequit twice. Once because the loading screens are unoptimized and again because I got stuck under a ladder on Survival. Stuck. Under. A. Ladder. Dude I don't remember the last time something like this happened in any game. Don't they have software that highlights areas like these? SMH

Oh and it also has the most retarded perk in any video game ever. Randomly teleport across the map when you sleep :lol:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The standard for an official 60 dollar product should be a lot higher than a mod. The fact that London is even being talked about like it's comparable to FO4 should embarrass Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom