Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Colonel Mutt

Literate
A polished turd is still a polished turd.

Colonel Mutt

Literate
This game gets an Oscar winner in category "How to go back to the village that you can buy some meds but to make it harder than playing the actual game". Of course, I think of Thameshaven. I want to meet the designer of that place in personal. With my avatar as my meatspace face. Not to mention bugs which make other Shithesda games run like a Swiss clock. And dont`t get me that "ThEy WiLl SeNd PaTcHeS sOoN" crap. First you make a functional game, then you publish it. Fuck these trends.

Even FO4 didn`t had these moments.

Gargaune

Arcane
Huh... With all the hubbub over Fallout: London, this thing just slipped quietly onto the Nexus:

Fallout: Vault 13 Demo

85307-1721764982-943629020.png

The Fallout: Vault 13 Demo is being released as an early access preview to gather feedback from players. In this demo, you will be able to explore a fully realized version of The Inyo, the first of five open-world areas that will be in the full version of the mod. You will be able to begin the classic Fallout journey, revisit several locations from the original game (Vault 13, Vault 15, Shady Sands, the Khan Base), and explore everywhere in between.

No VO in the demo, but apparently they have redesigned the skills system with perks and stuff. Also:

Your Fallout 4 game must also be downgraded to the pre-next-gen update (1.10.163) version. You should also delete any Creation Club content in your Data folder if present.
:smug:

P.S.
DO NOT use the Fallout: London downgrader as it is incompatible with Fallout: Vault 13

Colonel Mutt

Literate
Huh... With all the hubbub over Fallout: London, this thing just slipped quietly onto the Nexus:

Fallout: Vault 13 Demo

85307-1721764982-943629020.png

The Fallout: Vault 13 Demo is being released as an early access preview to gather feedback from players. In this demo, you will be able to explore a fully realized version of The Inyo, the first of five open-world areas that will be in the full version of the mod. You will be able to begin the classic Fallout journey, revisit several locations from the original game (Vault 13, Vault 15, Shady Sands, the Khan Base), and explore everywhere in between.

No VO in the demo, but apparently they have redesigned the skills system with perks and stuff. Also:

Your Fallout 4 game must also be downgraded to the pre-next-gen update (1.10.163) version. You should also delete any Creation Club content in your Data folder if present.
:smug:

P.S.
DO NOT use the Fallout: London downgrader as it is incompatible with Fallout: Vault 13
Those people are brimming with originality.

Gargaune

Arcane
For those of you playing Fallout: London, build 1.01's just been released:

Fallout: London Version V1.01

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE: Internal IV2.31R3 PV1.01

How to update:

To update, follow these step:

Simply update Fallout: London in your GOG library
Press Play
Press Update
Navigate to your Fallout 4 Data folder: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4) - OR - (C:\GOG\Fallout 4 GOTY\Data)
Double click on "LondonWorldSpace - ClearUp.bat"

(This .bat is a simple script that will automatically delete any files that aren't needed anymore, this is required)

Notes:

This update focuses on important hot-fixes. Keep in mind that to deliver this update in a timely manner, certain fixes could not be included:
Primarily for area crashes and random crashes as they require cell edits which necessitate regeneration of Previs and Precombines (Core optimization systems of the game).
This process takes days to fix the assets and then days to generate and test, be patient on us with this one.
Fixes are being implemented to improve the stability of the mod, once prepared we'll have another update ready for you.
Buffout 4 and xSE PluginPreloader are now included with the newest build of Fallout: London:
Don't panic, if you already have Buffout and xSE it will simply be replaced by the Fallout: London installer.
We have removed Baka and implemented a fix to use Buffout's memory management uncapping script memory usage (This is built into Buffout 4).
Alongside this we have added a flag to re-enable achievements so we can test the achievement send events through GOG (No promise that acheivements will work yet but we can get more information on this)
There has been a few tweaks to the included INI files of the installer to improve stability:
High settings are now the default and various fixes to some values.
If you have custom INI's already, for ultrawide support as an example, be sure to back up your current INI files before updating, afterwards you can implement any fixes you need or leave them as they are.

We decided to get key fixes into your hands as soon as possible, so expect more quest and stability fixes very soon. Here's what we've changed:

CHANGE-LOG:

Quest Fixes:

"Broken Angel"
Fixed issue with how the player's health is handled after the train crash, which disproportionately lowered the max HP of characters with already high health or endurance level, when it should have lowered the player's current HP instead.
Since the early-game balance was accidentally built around this bug, we have made the effects of the "Lab Rat" and "Railway Spine" afflictions more serious (though it will still be slightly easier).
"Charybdis"
Added The Ferryman to the PlayerFriendFaction to allow a few accidental hits. The Ferryman and Sushi are also now added to the PlayerAllyFaction during the fight with the leeches.
The utility entrance now gets locked to "Novice" after speaking with Rachel in the market, this is to make the quest marker point to the main entrance at the beginning of the next quest.
"Heavenslayer"
Added quest markers on important keys in the Bank of England.
Temporary fix for a bug where going through the Angel Station Lab permanently disables ambient music in people's saves.
You have to reload to before entering the lab for this to work. If you've already triggered it on your save, check the solutions channel on discord. Proper fix coming next update.
"Parliament of Fools"
Made H4N-24RD non-hackable.
"Dolls Of The Deep"
The first note you pick up now mentions the correct location.
"Swan & Mitre"
Ricky no longer dies if you pass the intelligence check
Killing the IODs inside the Swan and Mitre before than those outside no longer breaks the quest
Quest should no longer get stuck on "Find out why Nadia's delivery is late".
Hand in to Winston fixed
Crystaline photon agitator objective clarified
"Welcome to the Vagabonds"
Johnny's Hymn book now has a quest marker
"Prison Break"
Quest no longer breaks if guards inside have already been killed
Quest no longer tells you to speak to Agatha if opening armoury after planting bombs
"Arms Race"
Dialogue on hand in fixed
"Revenge, Thy Name Is Fury"
NPCs now accept any vagabond hat
"Black"
Nelson is no longer protected when you choose to kill Black
"Breaking the Cycle"
Nelson is no longer hostile when returning to the Swan and Mitre
Nelson no longer comes to the Swan and Mitre when he is told not to
Memories of Syd now fails upon completion
"No More Heroes"
Fixed Food for Thought start when siding with Harvin
"Food for Thought"
Can no longer be started early
"It Rises In The East"
Giovanni's dialogue fixed
Stanley dialogue fixed
Can now return shipment to Meghna
Characters no longer walk away mid conversation
Hooligans no longer have markers on them when dead
Skills checks now update to player's stats
"Answers At Last?"
Lawrence now always gives you the recipie for Crackle and Pop when he should
"Gordon's Alive"
Dialogue looping back to start on certain options fixed
"Scylla"
Fixed missing aliases
Stopped Jeremy from walking away while listening to the holotape
"Of Mutants and Men"
Fixed scrambled dialogue
"A Roar in the Waves"
Eve and Lily dialogue bug could not be replicated but fix attempted
Angel boss will now be hostile even if player is allied with Angel
"Fifth Column Kick Out"
Added Dr Alan Webb so that when you kill him before the relevant quest you are kicked out of the Fifth Column
Added Rachel so that when you kill him before the relevant quest you are kicked out of the Fifth Column
"View to Kill post-quest"
Messenger no longer follows you after delivering their note
"Memories of Syd"
More of the quest can now be completed while Direct Action or Revenge, Thy Name Is Fury are active
Marker no longer points to Syd while quest can't be moved on
'Check the back alley for Syd' no longer points to the wrong place
"Pizza for Jordan"
Can no longer be started early (unscrambled trader dialogue)
Can no longer get infinite pizzas (sorry!)
"The Firm"
Endurance speech check now shows correct stat
"Five Finger Discount"
No longer starts early when picking up items
No longer blocked due to turning in Rhys
"Magic Milk"
Fixed dialogue incorrectly looping back to start

Gameplay/Stat Tweaks:

Perks/Traits/Afflictions
The effects of the early-game "Lab Rat" and "Railway Spine" afflictions are now more serious (explanation in "Broken Angel"). Additionally, upon curing one affliction, you will get a reminder to cure the other one.
Beer mat stat multipliers fixed.
Fortify agility added to Corpse Cabbage tea.
Aluminium Tray now has British spelling and gives Aluminium instead of Steel.
Thames water radiation affliction reduced from 250 Rads to 169 Rads and removed resistances to fix a bug when using Radx.
Cigarette buff increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
Nicotine addiction debuff effects reduced from -1 AGIL & -2 END to -1 AGI & - 1 INT.
Luger silencer added gun nut 02 requirement to craft.
Sneering Imperialist perk description fixed.
Various weapon changes:
Molotov cocktails damage reduced from base game 50 to 30 and radius reduced from 500 to 400.
Lewis gun, MG42 & Bren added to heavy weapon category.
Lewis gun plasma barrel reduced range but increased damage to make it different from the laser barrel.
EM2 changed to use .280 rounds.
Empty Bwonez bean cans now weigh 0.1 therefore less than the a full can of Bwonez beans.
Foxes have had a slight nerf to their base attack damage.
Minebots/Naval walkers have had their health nerfed across the board.
Legendary Dryads fixed.

NPC/Actor Tweaks:

Churchill
Churchill should no longer inexplicably turn into Dogmeat when dismissed and recruited again.
Ladybug renamed to ladybird.

Item Tweaks:

The gas mask will no longer print debug notifications in the top left upon camera switch.
Added 12 new workshop items.
Vault suit packages renamed to shopping bag.
Can no longer pick up vault suits from shopping bags.
Cash register renamed to till.
Non-adjustable wrenches renamed to Spanner.
Pneumatic Cylinder name fixed.
Flintlock rifle fixed so if you upgrade to the laser rifle from a lesser version, you now get the effects of the full laser musket
Various items added to scrap lists:
This effects various workshops most notably Wandsworth tennis museum, unscrappable objects should now be scrappable.

Audio/Voice Tweaks:

Missing dialogue implemented.
Missing Beefy lines implemented
Missing Smythe lines in latter quests implemented
A wee outtake was included for Robo-Margot, fixed and dusted!
Gordon's misaligned dialogue is fixed!
Missing holotape audio implemented.
Fixes to audio sound descriptors.
Reverb boosted for certain sound effects for further immersion.
Further ambient audio implemented.
Churchill footstep volume fixed, he should now sound less heavy.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Because it's working as intended you baboon.
Not in survival mode. It makes the game unplayable. I got stuck because I slept in the first bed that I found and got teleported to the edge of the map. Died like 50 times trying to memorize a route back to the quest, and when I was making good progress I got permanently stuck under a ladder. That's buggy dogshit game design.

Sleepwalker should be limited to a realistic radius.

Gargaune

Arcane
Not in survival mode. It makes the game unplayable. I got stuck because I slept in the first bed that I found and got teleported to the edge of the map. Died like 50 times trying to memorize a route back to the quest, and when I was making good progress I got permanently stuck under a ladder. That's buggy dogshit game design.

In all honesty, there may be a reasonable complaint there. Default Survival Mode is bad design itself (sleep-to-save is an awful idea in a Bethesda game), but even in non-Survival, teleporting the player across the entire map strikes me as one of those funny concepts that didn't get as much thought as it needed. Presumably, FOLON filters through a number of preset spawn points anyway, it really should limit the range as well or you risk undermining the sense of progressing through exploration. I get that it's an optional comedic perk, caveat emptor, but some tweaking could make it more widely appealing.

Basically, working as intended but perhaps those intentions need some reassessment.

Nos

Novice
wQrsFZ7.png

Crashes again and again but some pleasant surprises; best dialogue brings back memories of Caesar's disquisition on Hegelian dialectics in NV...
X6ZZwET.jpeg

Vic

Savant

In all honesty, there may be a reasonable complaint there.
All of my posts are of the highest reason. But seriously, I'm not just shitting on the game. I started playing expecting to have fun, even started a "play along" here in this thread. Had to rage-quit twice though because the game design is just pure dogshit. That's not me being edgy or trolling but my honest opinion on this mod.

So, um, don't patronize me, bitch!

Vic

Savant
Default Survival Mode is bad design itself (sleep-to-save is an awful idea in a Bethesda game)
It's not, actually. It gives the game a roguelike aspect. You can expect to die a lot. And when you're doing a difficult section the tension and adrenaline from the game's difficulty and extremely limited savepoints make the game extremely fun. It's a different experience and makes a Bethesda game actually fun to play.

But imagine you're playing in this "hardcore" roguelike mode, and then you immediately get teleported to the edge of the map, which if there were no enemies at all, would take you 15 minutes of running to get back to where you were prior to sleeping/saving. But of course the map is filled with enemies that one-shot you, because that's just how it is in early level survival.

So, yeah, totally working as intended if the intentions are those of full on retards :lol:

They should stick to writing British slapstick humor and stay far away from designing games.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Default Survival Mode is bad design itself (sleep-to-save is an awful idea in a Bethesda game)
It's not, actually. It gives the game a roguelike aspect. You can expect to die a lot. And when you're doing a difficult section the tension and adrenaline from the game's difficulty and extremely limited savepoints make the game extremely fun. It's a different experience and makes a Bethesda game actually fun to play.

But imagine you're playing in this "hardcore" roguelike mode, and then you immediately get teleported to the edge of the map, which if there were no enemies at all, would take you 15 minutes of running to get back to where you were prior to sleeping/saving. But of course the map is filled with enemies that one-shot you, because that's just how it is in early level survival.

So, yeah, totally working as intended if the intentions are those of full on retards :lol:

They should stick to writing British slapstick humor and stay far away from designing games.
bitch, you chose a perk that you consider utterly broken TWICE in both of your playthroughs. All the misery was of your doing.

Vic

Savant

bitch, you chose a perk that you consider utterly broken TWICE in both of your playthroughs. All the misery was of your doing.
"You chose a broken perk thus it's not broken." - incel logic est. 2024

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After your first, terminated playthrough you claimed the perk is broken.

So of course you chose the same perk again on your second playthrough, only to cry about it once more.

A whiny bitch if I ever saw one.

Vic

Savant
After your first, terminated playthrough you claimed the perk is broken.

So of course you chose the same perk again on your second playthrough, only to cry about it once more.

A whiny bitch if I ever saw one.
What does it matter? The perk is bad game design. Also I didn't chose it twice but continued with my first character. There are many glaring game design issues with this mod, also horrible, horrible performance. "Bethesda should be ashamed" is an absolute incel take.

The mod might be good for story fags? Dunno because I never got around to doing quests because I was busy being permanently stuck under a ladder in 2024.

Gargaune

Arcane
So, um, don't patronize me, bitch!
Unfortunately, I can't agree to your terms.

It is, your typical Bethesda game isn't suited for that sort of roguelike take because it offers a) a very wide scope of exploration and b) a high concentration of bugs and odd behaviours to go with your exploration. If you want something to get your blood pumping - understandable, Fo4 needs it - you're better off modding the damage levels to high lethality. But that's beside the point, you do you.

Why are you explaining this to me? I was agreeing with you that teleporting the player across the whole map rather than within a more limited range is probably a substandard design in general and an ill fit for Survival in particular.

In any case, why are you carrying on with this perk if you're hating it so much? Go dig up the perk code and remove it via console.

Vic

Savant
your typical Bethesda game isn't suited for that sort of roguelike take because it offers a) a very wide scope of exploration and b) a high concentration of bugs and odd behaviours to go with your exploration. If you want something to get your blood pumping - understandable, Fo4 needs it - you're better off modding the damage levels to high lethality. But that's beside the point, you do you.
The survival mode works great in normal FO4. I went in as a relatively low level into the Nuka World DLC (that was after clearing out the factory near where you meet the Brotherhood of Steel and before going further south) and had a blast. It was hard, it was fun and I don't remember any bugs that stood in my way.

In general it felt like a great game mode and it gave the garbage that you collect and all the beds, mattresses and bed rolls around the map meaning. I wouldn't play it any other way. There is a severe lack of beds in this mod as well. Honestly it's just really badly designed overall. The only people praising it are probably story fags because technically and gameplay wise this is a mess.

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
How is fallout london? Is it one of the greatest mods of all time similar to fallout 1? Does it have good C&C as fallout 1 or 2

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
*As mods go*, this game is stellar. Better than F4 vanilla. By far. The scope and attention to detail from a bunch of hobbyists is to be commended. They recorded music for it FFS.

Weak points, sorta: the Hooligans are generic 'bandit' trashmobs, with no other reason to exist other than to be a weak plot device. Beefeaters, the same, but cannibals in different outfits and banter. Miller's Men, similar, get one quest that I've found and you can't join them. I haven't met Fifth Column yet who are supposedly led by a Mosely stand-in. The Tommies are corny.

Met the Siouxsie Sioux stand-in 'Apache Alice'. If there is one for Moz I haven't found him. Roundels are 'Mods' with several 'The Who' refs. Did a Trainspotting quest. So far no Monty Python.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Does it have good C&C as fallout 1 or 2
No, this being based on Bethesda Fallout after all. I have found only one pair of mutually exclusive quests, and they are basically both simple sweep and clear plus fetch quests. Supposedly choosing one of the main factions mid/late game is where everything splits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom