Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London out and a Vault 13 Demo

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
The core game design is full Bethesda, with a London reskin and a few minor NV elements. Nothing more.
I should amend that: It's a really good reskin. The London landmarks, their interiors and neighborhoods are very well done.
VO is good. Writing is more mature than vanilla F4. The factions are more interesting. Fewer stronk wahmens and dumb menfolk. No tranny business. It is all very professional for just a mod. I haven't figured out how they've handwaved away why so much of the city is still standing, or why Westminster needs a functioning tube system.
There are occasional quest bugs that are being worked out and one can occasionally get stuck in terrain, necessitating setstage, moveto or tcl. This is gamebryo, after all.
It's worth a play now if you have a tolerance for some beta testing and typical mod behavior and certainly later after it matures.
They appear to be working with Steam for a direct installer similar to Enderal or Nehrim.

Mad props to team FOLON.

:hero:

deuxhero

Arcane
I haven't figured out how they've handwaved away why so much of the city is still standing

I found a terminal in a radar station that reports only 3 warheads striking all of England and the 'RAF' magically intercepting all the rest. Uh, ok.
That reminds me to ask: Is London in Fallout London supposed to be destroyed by the resource wars/Euro-Middle Eastern war/subsequent European conflict, or the islands somehow getting hit by the Great War of 2077? If it was the Euro-Middle Eastern War or European Commonwealth breakup, last mentioned as nuclear in Fallout Bible as far as I can tell, that was always supposed to be a relatively limited nuclear war done by parties that lacked the sheer warhead delivery and second strike ability the US and China killed eachother with. If it was the Great War, UK would be a very territary target (Canada, Mexico and Philippines are only non-US places confirmed to be attacked by China. First two were explicitly occupied by US and the third may actually be part of US still in Fallout timeline.) since the only mention of NATO in Fallout is a cartridge name in Tactics. Would certainly be less than the 77 aimed at Vegas (Nevada?).

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
It's not supposed to make sense. Just like the "funny" perks, drinkable milk and pretty much all of the rest of this mod.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I finished the game, or at least one faction ending at nearly level 60, leaving only a few locations unexplored. More enjoyable than F4 vanilla by quite a lot, particularly the writing and factions. As a free mod, well that says it all.

None

Scholar
I finished the game, or at least one faction ending at nearly level 60, leaving only a few locations unexplored. More enjoyable than F4 vanilla by quite a lot, particularly the writing and factions. As a free mod, well that says it all.
How would you rate it as a Fallout game? For example, I think FO4 is a decent game, but an awful Fallout game.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
How would you rate it as a Fallout game? For example, I think FO4 is a decent game, but an awful Fallout game.
Better than 3. Not as good as NV but tries really hard. Apples and oranges compared to 1/2.
That IGN review isn't too far off the mark. Yes there are bugs. Loading times are long, which isn't surprising given the game's age and how much they crammed into it.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Equip the Ring

Are you proposing to me?
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom