Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London released

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 65 59.1%

• Total voters

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Kinda weird how the Fallout and Elder Scrolls modding scenes should have some overlap, but one pumps out top tier mods on the regular while the other keeps making cringe.

Just compare Nehrim and Enderal to any Fallout 3/4 total conversion.
Lol what, when is the last time there was a "top mod" released for elder scrolls
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145

View attachment 52762
Well that mod was first released nearly 20 years ago, but sure...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mortmal

Arcane
Well, I’ve just watched some streamers and they seemed to have constant crashes and issues(on gog version).
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47359?tab=files&file_id=284106 install this and it may solves the crashes.

Now, as far as the mod goes, the design isn’t good. It favors melee builds because there’s absolutely no ammo or good guns. The developers justify this by saying it’s set in the UK, not the USA, so there are no guns. Yet all your enemies have guns, grenades, and Molotov cocktails. So it forces you into melee, and you better lower the difficulty because it’s unbalanced as hell. Really, I don’t recommend anyone spend money on this. It’s not worth getting all the Fallout 4 DLCs for this.

thesecret1

Arcane
Now, as far as the mod goes, the design isn’t good. It favors melee builds because there’s absolutely no ammo or good guns. The developers justify this by saying it’s set in the UK, not the USA, so there are no guns. Yet all your enemies have guns, grenades, and Molotov cocktails. So it forces you into melee, and you better lower the difficulty because it’s unbalanced as hell. Really, I don’t recommend anyone spend money on this. It’s not worth getting all the Fallout 4 DLCs for this.
So... ammo scarcity and high difficulty? That doesn't sound all that bad

Yosharian

Arcane
I have updated the installation guide a few times today so you might want to check back in with it, notably I just added something that in my opinion improves the ENB visuals dramatically

Especially if you are using PD's upscaler like I am

R@tmaster

Educated
This is actually a great way to make melee and stealth useful, not just autism options. Isn't everyone loves survival nowadays?

Mortmal

Arcane
Why the fuck are people going on about spending money on this when it's fucking free
I have been on the Codex for years and have seen the level drop year after year. The IQ is dropping, and in all honesty, it pains me. It feels like a part of the collapse of civilization, but I feel like it's my mission, almost a vocation, to educate and help people on the Codex. It's a bit like being a social worker, or dare I say, doing humanitarian work.

Earlier in the thread, people mentioned buying it again on GOG to have an easier installation process. I should point out again that installing Fallout: London requires owning all the DLC. Many people never bought them because there was little incentive to get them all. Therefore, it comes at a cost despite the mod being free.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
The amount of content it had 20 years ago wasn't even 30% of the content it has now. They release Tamriel Rebuilt in parts based on regions, so imagine it as getting a new DLC every couple of years.

And then there's Enderal which had its Steam release in 2019, which absolutely counts as recent for me:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/
Oh, I didn't know much of that. Thanks for the info!
I was talking about the recent one, of course. Yep, a relatively recent vast world of a total conversion filled with exploration, encounters, and quests to the brim.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
The amount of content it had 20 years ago wasn't even 30% of the content it has now. They release Tamriel Rebuilt in parts based on regions, so imagine it as getting a new DLC every couple of years.

And then there's Enderal which had its Steam release in 2019, which absolutely counts as recent for me:
Ok so you named 2 things btw, while the original comment said "one pumps out top tier mods on the regular while the other keeps making cringe". Two top tier mods over a span of nearly 30 years (counting from TES1) is not "pumping out top tier mods on the regular".

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ok so you named 2 things btw, while the original comment said "one pumps out top tier mods on the regular while the other keeps making cringe". Two top tier mods over a span of nearly 30 years (counting from TES1) is not "pumping out top tier mods on the regular".
ok then, you want more?

Tamriel Rebuilt for Morrowind (still in the works, has had several releases)
Project Tamriel for Morrowind (still in the works, has had its first release for Skyrim: Home of the Nords and will have its first release for Province Cyrodiil this year)
Nehrim for Oblivion
Enderal for Skyrim
The Forgotten City for Skyrim, which the mod team later turned into a standalone game that's available on Steam and has positive reviews
Moonpath to Elsweyr for Skyrim

There's plenty of total conversion and lore-respecting content expansion mods for all TES games.

Meanwhile Fallout's best mods are made by Russkis and run on the Fallout 2 engine.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Why the fuck are people going on about spending money on this when it's fucking free
I have been on the Codex for years and have seen the level drop year after year. The IQ is dropping, and in all honesty, it pains me. It feels like a part of the collapse of civilization, but I feel like it's my mission, almost a vocation, to educate and help people on the Codex. It's a bit like being a social worker, or dare I say, doing humanitarian work.

Earlier in the thread, people mentioned buying it again on GOG to have an easier installation process. I should point out again that installing Fallout: London requires owning all the DLC. Many people never bought them because there was little incentive to get them all. Therefore, it comes at a cost despite the mod being free.

15 bucks big deal get a job.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

15 bucks big deal get a job.
Bro getting a job increases the carbon footprint. You sure you want that?

Yosharian

Arcane
FO4 costs like the price of a fucking McDonalds happy meal if you buy it on sale / from cdkeys

I know times are hard right now but fuck me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom