Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
RqgvAqP.png

The quests are pretty decent with quite a few ways to solve them. I'd rate this above both FO3 and FO4 so far.

You mean: "Hypothetically, if I were playing this, I'd rank it above FO3 and FO4 so far, if I'd happened to play them as well. Which I am neither confirming or denying."

Cirtdear

Savant
RqgvAqP.png

The quests are pretty decent with quite a few ways to solve them. I'd rate this above both FO3 and FO4 so far.

If the effects of a quest are not of interquest scope they are not meaningful effects at all. However it is allowable and encouraged some quests exist to setup a narrative or familiarize the player for things to come. See for example breadcrumbing.

Every critical objective of a quest must have alternates to it. These usually consist of a range of soft and hard compromises for the quest giver themselves. Full denials, which are not compromises at all, should be uncommon.

Quest givers, especially those in significant areas (like towns), must be possible to kill at some point (esp. after doing all of their quests). It is of note MMOs often prefer to lean in the opposite direction and leave most npcs protected in towns if they are quest givers.

All main characters of the MQ must at some point, individually or otherwise, be killable WHILE ALSO not having the requirement that they be killed. Again this only has to be at some point, not all points of time.

I have more advice but bethesda would have to hire me and i'd have to enjoy their games "again".

Bigg Boss

Arcane
just minding my own business traveling through the woods at night then suddenly big red eyes out of nowhere
:shredder:
Can he get one of those Bethesdafag tags now? It's sickening to see a Codexer resort to playing something like 76. Just by sheer principle you should avoid it like the plague. I expected better from you.

:timetoburn:

Codex Year of the Donut
just minding my own business traveling through the woods at night then suddenly big red eyes out of nowhere
:shredder:
Can he get one of those Bethesdafag tags now? It's sickening to see a Codexer resort to playing something like 76. Just by sheer principle you should avoid it like the plague. I expected better from you.

:timetoburn:
I don't even particularly like bethesda games though.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Funfact: if you USE the speechcheck during the quest to get rid of the raiders... you get no reward, because it actually changes the end. And since it's a really good reward (a -15% dmg from soopahmootants mask, making it a 6th armor piece), all those sweet tears of raging players make me happy. :obviously:

On the whole the writing and characters seem to be surprisingly good, not just for Bethesda standards. Considering the metric ton of lemons Todd gave them, BethTexas made some really nice lemonade out of it. It's worth 20 bucks I'd say. Maybe even 25 if you want to show off your wealth.

I met the raiders and the settlers now and I would actually join the raiders I the game asked me. Which is normally not my style, but the settlers are banal boring stuck up idiots. Two sentences in and they were already on my shitlist: "This is your land? Too bad, we are here now and we stay."
Filthy yankees from Penissylvania invading mah Virginia! :argh:
Raiders also have a LOT more unique characters.

Funfact 2: Most (all?) of the named settlers are male, most of the named raiders are female. Since it's 2020 and making wymyn the bad guys (tm) is forbidden, the raiders must therefore be the good guys (tm). Best deal. :salute:

Funfact 3: every conversation with the Ovenseer has exactly 3 options: a) polite b) insult the old hag c) vault-tec fanboi. Invisible dialog wheel detected. :hahano:

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's like saying "I don't really like niggers" while sucking ones dick.
Imagine pretending to only like certain games to look cool on a video game forum lol

I don't have to imagine that. That is what fags like you do all the time to act like you fit in here. You act like you hate something while shoving it up your ass when nobody is looking. It is why you were playing coy earlier. It's why a large portion of the Codex all bought Skyrim on Steam even though everyone agrees it is the most braindead "RPG" (more of an adventure game at this point tut-tut) that has ever gained mass appeal.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Oh shit.. This actually gives me hopes that MAYBE there's MINIMAL chance of Bethesda actually making ES6 and Fallout 5, be actual RPG again.. .

Nah..

Bigg Boss

Arcane
All you 2018 and up accounts say shit like that because you love to suck Bethesda cock. Nearly all of you have said something to that extent.

Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine pretending to only like certain games to look cool on a video game forum lol

I don't have to imagine that. That is what fags like you do all the time to act like you fit in here. You act like you hate something while shoving it up your ass when nobody is looking. It is why you were playing coy earlier. It's why a large portion of the Codex all bought Skyrim on Steam even though everyone agrees it is the most braindead "RPG" (more of an adventure game at this point tut-tut) that has ever gained mass appeal.
Inability to understand jokes is a sign of autism

ADL

Prophet
All you 2018 and up accounts say shit like that because you love to suck Bethesda cock. Nearly all of you have said something to that extent.
Meanwhile it's all the OGs that are shitting on 76 instead of applauding them for at least pretending to not make "role playing games" out of Fallout anymore. Go ahead, announce that TESVI will be an open world action adventure game. At least I won't be disappointed. I'll criticize them for further straying from what made this series great but at least I won't feel a sliver of hope that we'll get another Daggerfall/Morrowind.

Is it really beyond comprehension that someone might have actually enjoyed 76 knowing it'd be an online loot shooter versus the anticipation of Fallout 3 presumably being a successor to Fallout 2?

Myobi

Liturgist

Fucking hell, I open this god damn thread to do my daily dose of shitting on the damn game, and what do I get? Mofos blogging their wild ass fantasies.... screw this.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Meanwhile it's all the OGs that are shitting on 76 instead of applauding them for at least pretending to not make "role playing games" out of Fallout anymore. Go ahead, announce that TESVI will be an open world action adventure game. At least I won't be disappointed. I'll criticize them for further straying from what made this series great but at least I won't feel a sliver of hope that we'll get another Daggerfall/Morrowind.

Is it really beyond comprehension that someone might have actually enjoyed 76 knowing it'd be an online loot shooter versus the anticipation of Fallout 3 presumably being a successor to Fallout 2?

You have always been a Bethesdafag that literally wants to suck Todd Howards cock. Just like your other buddies sitting here talking shit because they have to scramble to save face. All of you are DECLINE. You call me autistic? I'm psychotic. Get your fucking insults right. All of you saying this latest update is showing that they are improving are missing the point. It's too late. They ruined too much. You are pathetic to go back to this evil fucking company, so I simply must despise everything you say in regards to Bethesda.

If you think once a company changes it's ways (lol) that it is ok to go back and shovel their shit into your mouth....well you are a dumbass and I don't like you. So all of you Bethesdafags in this thread. Either put me on ignore or listen to me talk shit occasionally when you swallow more of Todd Howard's cum. Because you are the problem. Don't claim to be one of us. Really.

You are the fucking problem.

Codex Year of the Donut
quest recognized that I did a side quest to become a member of the military :M
image.png

image.png

:obviously:

The conversation is with a pre-war robot
this quest has a lot of ways to solve it, did you get to it yet Bliblablubb ? Multiple ways for both the 'right' solution and the not-so-right ones.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
I thought the disappointment is enough from seeing the Steam's rating going up to >70%, but the fact there are Codexers warming up to the possibility of Bethshitda iMpR0v1n5 is just.... made me can't even.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I thought these games were only popular because of modding but apparently people really like to play them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom