Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Weekly Daily Hourly Bug report fun:

- After reenabling vendor machines Beth introduced a bug that makes it possible for players to take shit straight from your stash

- Vendors randomly steal your ammo in the 1000s

They had such a decent start with the DLC, but Beth gonna Beth I guess. :hahano:

Codex Year of the Donut
Mistress of Mystery quest line was better written than pretty much anything in FO3 or FO4, the
plot twist
caught me by surprise and finding the
secret base hidden under the mansion
was just
batman
-tier cool :M

Actually read all the terminal entries, probably well over 100 in total.

Also, the entire thing was caused by muh female empowerment, lol. If they didn't turn the boy away then none of it would have happened.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's also a terminal entry mocking feminists
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Riverside_Manor_terminal_entries#The_.27Mistress.27_Must_Go
Ms. Rivers,

I read with interest your June interview in Acting Age. While your conception and portrayal of the Mistress of Mystery has always been above reproach, I hope you understand that many of us feel the name 'Mistress' is an unnecessarily sexualized and loaded term in our patriarchal culture. On behalf of modern women everywhere, we hope you will join our petition to change the name of the character to the 'Sister of Secrets'.

Sincerely yours,
Pauline J. Smith
hard to not put that together with the part from my previous post :M

Bliblablubb

Arcane
does this actually exist?
It was phrased a little overdramatic, but the bug was pretty much the game getting confused about what you put in your multiple vending machines/display cases. Shuffled everything around. And because there were no custom prices set, peoples' legendary 3 star prick of slapping appeared in their vendors for a bargain of 200 caps.
Mostly people who pay Todd 10 bucks a month to have moah stash space tho, so... :hahano:

Mistress of Mystery quest line was better written than pretty much anything in FO3 or FO4
While that is not exactly a high standard to match, the quest is indeed pretty good. Cliche, but good. Too bad the rewards don't really work with the game mechanics as a viable playstyle.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Also
Also, the entire thing was caused by muh female empowerment, lol. If they didn't turn the boy away then none of it would have happened.
Nah, it was just the daughter being a spoiled brat who thought she was better than everyone and should rule the world. Without the boy she would have just hooked up with a random raider as her way in.

Codex Year of the Donut
Also
Nah, it was just the daughter being a spoiled brat who thought she was better than everyone and should rule the world. Without the boy she would have just hooked up with a random raider as her way in.
Unlikely anyone else would have trusted her though. He had a good reason to want revenge on them after what happened.

Codex Year of the Donut
The only thing I'd change to make that questline better is to make all the rewards utility items. She's very heavily implied to be inspired by
Batman. The gun "does whatever is needed by the plot" is obviously a reference to Batman's utility belt. The secret base under a mansion, skulking in the shadows. Hell, now that I think about it, it's very similar to the plot of Dark Knight Returns(not to be confused with Dark Knight Rises movie, yuck.) He trains a bunch of underlings to be Batmen in a world full of raiders.
The weapons/armor are hard to make good enough to want to use, but utility items can always be useful.

Codex Year of the Donut
Got my vendors setup at my camp, time to sit back and wait for people to buy my luxurious items so I can be rich. :obviously:
IRqprlK.png

Also, had radscorpions dig into my camp and attack.
Something about having vendors at your own camp you built feels a lot more personal than things like auction houses or similar. Seeing someone come to your camp to buy things is exciting. Hello, stranger! Look at my camp and check my wares! Take some water and carrots for the road.

:happytrollboy:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Looks like Bethesda bugged up VATS. Again. 50% hitchance from 50 meter away with 26 perception, people without that much can't hit for shit. The old regenerating bug is back too, as is the "dmg not being applied" bug. How do they even do that? Accidently using old builds for hotfixes that still have year old bugs in it?

Beth gonna Beth. :hahano:

Codex Year of the Donut
12 int check to convince raiders to call off their scorched raid because they might get infected during the fighting :drink:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Cell key W9-FZ, found it under a bed in a house
IIRC that's for a cell in the OMGSECRET subsection of Sugar Grove. Nothing of value, a chem box at best.

completely lost in a cave that's like a labyrinth
I still have nightmares from the Burning Mine. Labyrinth + thick smoke + burning coal everywhere + molemen jumping at you. Good design. :obviously:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
rusty_shackleford thanks for the honest impression

I think in Fallout 4 there was some slight reactivity on some minor side quests. Maybe that guy got to get ham with a side-project like FO76.

Still probably won't play it due to being an online game and not having modding hurts Bethesda games. On the other hand, the traditional dialogue and the game being reactive gives me slight hope that in the future Bethesda games might be somewhat OK after FO4 being garbage.

Codex Year of the Donut
Found a random event with a high int check to repair a settler's protectron, got a reputation reward
alternatively, you can salvage the robot for parts :M

Codex Year of the Donut
quest wanted me to discover a location I already knew about by going to learn about it elsewhere
just went directly to the location and the quest skipped the locating step
nice

Codex Year of the Donut
If you explore in the whitesprings bunker you'll find a damaged assaultron, with high enough INT you can reactivate it for some interesting context
4DFs8mM.png

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Sure man but random skill checks don't mean shit when the entire game is you running around with other faggots collecting power armor pieces. Does this show that when push comes to shove a B team not led by Todd Howard can throw in some RPG shit? Yes. Does this mean people should hold out hope for a good Elder Scrolls or Fallout? No.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom