Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That's a random encounter of one settler being "harrassed" by opossums. As soon as you kill all he can see, you get rep reward. But since opossums are passive, there will be a lot more around. Kill one, talk to him to get rep. Repeat until all are dead.

Easiest location to farm is Triss Marrigold pavilon near the mothman museum. Server hop until you get him. Or get bored.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout76_STATS_Template_2160X2160_4K_Fasnacht_HelvetiaNukes_EN.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Bethesda once again is a gift that keeps on giving:

Yesterday ALL Beth game servers (Elderscrolls and other stuff nobody plays) were down for a whole 9 (NINE) hours, after Bethesda "succesfully" implemented 2 factor auth. You cannot make this shit up. :hahano:

:hearnoevil:

Myobi

Liturgist

Yesterday ALL Beth game servers (Elderscrolls and other stuff nobody plays) were down for a whole 9 (NINE) hours, after Bethesda "succesfully" implemented 2 factor auth. You cannot make this shit up. :hahano:

Bethesda? Incompetence? Pffttt… clearly you just want to jump on the bandwagon and parrot the same shit people trying to look edgy have been saying for years :retarded:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Perhaps they though that 2 factor auth is to prevent everyone from connecting to their accounts. If no one can connect, the accounts are safe from hackers, right?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Found my first Wendigogo Colossus the other day... and if I hadn't completely forgotten about him I would have of been massively disappointed. :argh:
I was promised a YUGE bossmob, y'know "colossus", ... but he was so unremarkable I mistook him for a legendary supermutant while he was stomping through my favorite flower picking grove. You can always use free scrips amirite? Didn't even notice what it was until at least 7 seconds of firing at him, even with the HP bar barely moving, because.. VATS bug and all that...
Then I saw his name. And his 3 heads. Who are apparently all blind as a bat. Because I crouched there 30m away from him, in power armor, that constantly blubbers about freedom, headlights on, and he never put me above "caution". Wildly shooting his bubbles or whatever that was around, like he was trying to aim with an xbawx controller.
:gumpyhead:
Shitty explosive resistance as well. Sorry dude, the ASSaultron is still the apex predator in these hills.

:1/5:, would not fight again.

At least he didn't drop a nocturnal rolling pin. :obviously:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Someone at Bethesda has a yuge Ghillie fetish...
99% of the stuff is crap. So it is a massive step back from earning currency to spend on whatever you want. :decline:

They are also pretty vague about how much effort one rank up will take. "1 hour for the early ones". You can technically spend more than 1 hour on "eat 20 candies" if you have to find them first...

But meh, I have enough atoms banked for the day a Mothman plushie arrives. I don't need more. :love:

They are also pretty vague about how much effort one rank up will take. "1 hour for the early ones". You can technically spend more than 1 hour on "eat 20 candies" if you have to find them first...

They said they'll rework the daily and weekly challenges for it in order to be less of a pain-in-the-ass. I assume "Level up while..." is the first to go.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You thought "Level up while..." was painful? I always thought it was the easiest of them all. Assuming you are level 76+. Then it's just wear responder gear/clown/power armor while being well fed/rested/tuned. One run through West-Tek plus maybe Huntersville/Steakhouse for a single level up. Nets you some 500 steel and usually 1-2 legendaries on top.
Sure, it qualifies for "not worth the hassle", but I usually needed the steel anyways.

Far easier then the hoops they wanted me to jump through last year. The camera was new back then, so half of them were like: "shoot a picture of a glowing bloatfly in the mire, at night, while it's raining". If you found one, it wasn't raining. Or day. And switching servers gave you night, but no rain. Or no fly. :argh:

Does anyone know what the conversion rate of the ammo converter is? Ima laugh my ass off if it turns out to be something like "3000 .38 bullets turn into 50 5.56"...
Actually, I will laugh my ass off either way, because it can only be better than the raider thing people grinded a month for. :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's not that bad once you have it, but as a reward for at least a month of daily grinding and uuuh 750 gold? Kinda sorta letdown-ish.
But I guess it depends on the gun you want ammo for. The 5.56 crowd is probably moderately happy. If you were expecting to use it for... the gauss weapons tho, you know, the new hot shit that came with that DLC.. nope, no 2mm EC for you. Or fuel. Or cryo. Or anything fun. Fiddycal only if you want to wait 10 hours. :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Whoever designed the ammo converter interface is a sadist: a slow terminal, requiring 4 clicks to scrap a batch of ammo. In tiny fixed sizes, e.g. 18 for .38 ammo. And you get thrown back to root after each batch. That's a LOT of clicks if anyone has yuge amounts to scrap.
And since it has a rather bad conversion ratio (smth like 10:1), it is only really worth it when scrapping those yuge amounts...
40mm grenades pay well tho.

Otherwise, as to no surprise, the challenges turned out... to be buggy. In a good way tho: all the multi part weeklys already gave xp after doing 2/5 steps. :hahano:

But, the "eat 20 bubblegum" became "eat 1 bubblegum". Massive :incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Bethesda's Jeff Gardiner (Project Lead) and Ferret Baudoin (Lead Designer) stop by to fill you in on everything you need to know about Fallout 76's new content roadmap and what in-game events to look forward to.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Introducing 76 Seasons - a new account-wide progression system that overhauls Challenges and helps you to earn lots of new rewards along the way! From the makers of Unstoppables Shindig, Blast Radius, and Catch the Commie comes Season 1 - “The Legendary Run” - a new way to experience irradiated West Virginia. Season 1 rewards and Public Teams are available now, with more coming later this Summer.

Play Wastelanders, a free main story expansion for Fallout 76, available now on Steam, Bethesda.net, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

Wastelanders includes:
• New Main Quest - Uncover the secrets of West Virginia by
playing through an all-new main quest, starting from the
moment you leave Vault 76.
• Human NPCs - Befriend or betray new neighbors who have
come to rebuild, and experience Appalachia through the
eyes of its residents.
• New Creatures and Gear - Take down newly mutated
creatures finding their way to the region and earn the
highest tier of weapons and armor.
• Choices and Reputation - Alter the fates of those you meet
with dialogue trees. Decisions affect your standing with
each faction through an all-new reputation system.
• Game Optimizations - Many optimization and interface improvements, including a new way to track your quests as you explore the wasteland.

So a few days before the whole Legendary Run started, I managed to grind the Gauss Minigun. Even though I gave all the 500 gold to Paige, I still hit Ally with Raiders while being 35% Neighborly with Settlers. I guess those photos + Queen meat really does stack, or I didn't really have guts to help.

Even though it's the most Murican and amazing thing ever made (assplosions in blue! Tesla coils! Charging Gauss shots and instant suicide if a mob comes within 10 feet!), I think I had more fun with Winchester P94. Something about this sniper precision and pew-pewing half of mobs into gooey nuclear scrap, I guess.

Of course not a single Bloodied one after crafting 30+ Miniguns, though one of the first ones was a 3* Furious FFR, so I probably shouldn't complain. And a couple of "magic" ones but I didn't test it yet.

Oh, and the ArmCo ammo thing for 750 gold is pretty nice. I set it to craft Plasma Cartridges for the Caster and now I have to craft twice as less ammo for it. OTOH that new Converter ammo thing is so terrible I just laughed heartily after a couple of clicks and ignored it ever since.

Gregz

Arcane
I was lucky enough to be the recipient of a very generous trade.

Fixer Bloodied/25/25 for a few junkies pieces.

I have heard that the gauss minigun & plasma caster are pretty powerful and fun, but I'm still settling into my commando build.

I have heard that the gauss minigun & plasma caster are pretty powerful and fun, but I'm still settling into my commando build.

New Vegas is a game with probably most fun and diverse weapon selection so far made, but 76 really tries to give it a run for its money.

Unlike Fallout 4, where heavy guns are an absolute horseshit (all the grand total of four of them), here it doesn't surprise me at all to see everyone running with it. .50 Cal Brownings, MG42s, Gatling Plasmas, XIX centrury Gatling guns, Flamer machineguns, (lifted directly from New Vegas)Auto Grenade Launcher, and aforementioned Gauss Minigun as a cherry on top.

Going Heavy Gunner has an "upside" of greatly reducing the grind for Unyielding etc. pieces, because Stabilized is just the thing to go for.

I was lucky enough to be the recipient of a very generous trade.

Fixer Bloodied/25/25 for a few junkies pieces.

For me (speaking of being stuck with Power Armor), the luck came in the form of some absurdly high level player, who was selling in his CAMP Vending machine, plans for X-01 Quantum paint for 99 caps. No benefits of course, but apparently it's absurdly hard to get.

That's pretty much all I can get, since Wastelanders weapons are non-tradeable (can only be crafted with parts sold by the molerat, 100 scrip per each gun)

Whoever designed the ammo converter interface is a sadist: a slow terminal, requiring 4 clicks to scrap a batch of ammo. In tiny fixed sizes, e.g. 18 for .38 ammo. And you get thrown back to root after each batch. That's a LOT of clicks if anyone has yuge amounts to scrap.

Hey, look what I've just discovered! After converting i.e. 24 rounds of 10mm for +30 points, you actually don't have to return to root and click 4 times etc. again.

You can just, after converting one batch and getting thrown to the next screen, simply press Tab one time to go back to the previous screen of conversion, with a previously chosen option of converting said i.e. 10mm still highlighted.

That way you can burn fast through large swaths of those useless .45s - just by tapping Tab and Space back and forth :incline:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
those useless .45s
Lever action and fixer are some of the few main weapon you find more ammo for than you will ever need, even with the VATS bug.
I have a hillariously buggy SMG I used to burn through those tho.
On paper it's extremly crappy: 2shot, crit bar, bash damage. 92 range. Normaly it would never hit anything. Scrip food.
But for some weird reason it hits the head most of time in VATS, even at only 20ish % chance. And kills super mutants in 2hits. "It just works".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom