Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Gregz

Arcane
those useless .45s
Lever action and fixer are some of the few main weapon you find more ammo for than you will ever need, even with the VATS bug.
I have a hillariously buggy SMG I used to burn through those tho.
On paper it's extremly crappy: 2shot, crit bar, bash damage. 92 range. Normaly it would never hit anything. Scrip food.
But for some weird reason it hits the head most of time in VATS, even at only 20ish % chance. And kills super mutants in 2hits. "It just works".
:hearnoevil:

How do you guys fast target the head in VATS? Especially when you have 5 targets that need to die right now?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
76_S1_FullSize_CommunityCalendar_EN_1920x1080.jpg

BGS says they will imrpove the ammo converter.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
How do you guys fast target the head in VATS? Especially when you have 5 targets that need to die right now?
VATS always stays on the last bodypart you targeted, unless you used melee with VATS in between. I always aim for the head for my criticool receivers to shine, so it's the "default" body part.
Then I just do "Q" and immediately click. Rush the engine, don't give it time to think! :hahano:
Unless VATS bugs out or the server is laggy (which is the case at least 50% of the time), the target is dead. Repeat until genocide is complete.

In case you are asking how to target individual body parts: you need the "concentrated firepower" perk.

I had a lot of fun last year playing my old toon as a cowgirl brahmingirl using single action revolvers that way. Keep the weapon holstered and VATS quickdraw to make it hiiiiigh nooo- eh, a classic shootout. :obviously:

Gregz

Arcane
VATS always stays on the last bodypart you targeted, unless you used melee with VATS in between. I always aim for the head for my criticool receivers to shine, so it's the "default" body part.

Just so I'm clear. Are you saying you 'set' VATS to target the head (using concentrated firepower), kill your target, and if/when Gun Fu auto-selects your next target for you, that you will automatically be aiming at its head?

Bliblablubb

Arcane

Just so I'm clear. Are you saying you 'set' VATS to target the head (using concentrated firepower), kill your target, and if/when Gun Fu auto-selects your next target for you, that you will automatically be aiming at its head?
Yes, that's how it SHOULD work. It SHOULD stick with that bodypart until you log out or use melee (which sets it back to center). If it doesn't do that for you, Gun Fu probably breaks it? Try without GF in that case. We didn't use that fancy new kids perk back in myyyyyy days so I have no experience with it.
We also didn't mutate nilly willy. Pull my finger, get no price.

Gregz

Arcane
Bliblablubb rusty_shackleford someone else Manjuice Nutella Cirtdear

So this just happened to me.

There was an event (Line in the sand) with 4 players active. I joined the event and got situatiated.

Shortly after, the most disgusting conversation you could imagine took place. One guy starting making these "slurping" sounds, and the other guy, with a lisp so extreme it made me want to vomit, said "oh more more daddy".

As revolting as it was, I stuck to the mission and just tried to wait it out. Then these fags continued to be even more grotesque on voice comms than how I described above.

After more of this disgusting lisping and slurping (I can't describe how disgusting it was), I had enough and said "Is everyone here a degenerate queer, or just you two?"

They gave no signal that they heard me, and continued their grotesque faggot routine. I was so sick to my stomach I left to find another server.

Not 5 minutes later, I joined another team and tried to use my comms. They were no longer working. I'm now sitting on another server with a Codexer, and he can't hear me at all. The comms key is not registering any visual that I'm broadcasting. I have never seen this before.

I need a reality check here.

I think these queers were baiting anyone who was unlucky enough to join an event with them, screen capping the names, and then reporting anyone who dared to object to the absolutely grotesque shit they were doing on comms.

This being 2020, bethesda immediately came to their rescue and banned my comms. For all I know I have a temp-ban, or even a perma-ban, coming after my voice comment is "reviewed" by the SJW police.

I have no idea how long this comms ban will last. It's not a hardware problem, and I've never seen this before.

What do you guys think is going on here?

Cirtdear

Savant
Bliblablubb rusty_shackleford someone else Manjuice Nutella Cirtdear

So this just happened to me.

There was an event (Line in the sand) with 4 players active. I joined the event and got situatiated.

Shortly after, the most disgusting conversation you could imagine took place. One guy starting making these "slurping" sounds, and the other guy, with a lisp so extreme it made me want to vomit, said "oh more more daddy".

As revolting as it was, I stuck to the mission and just tried to wait it out. Then these fags continued to be even more grotesque on voice comms than how I described above.

After more of this disgusting lisping and slurping (I can't describe how disgusting it was), I had enough and said "Is everyone here a degenerate queer, or just you two?"

They gave no signal that they heard me, and continued their grotesque faggot routine. I was so sick to my stomach I left to find another server.

Not 5 minutes later, I joined another team and tried to use my comms. They were no longer working. I'm now sitting on another server with a Codexer, and he can't hear me at all. The comms key is not registering any visual that I'm broadcasting. I have never seen this before.

I need a reality check here.

I think these queers were baiting anyone who was unlucky enough to join an event with them, screen capping the names, and then reporting anyone who dared to object to the absolutely grotesque shit they were doing on comms.

This being 2020, bethesda immediately came to their rescue and banned my comms. For all I know I have a temp-ban, or even a perma-ban, coming after my voice comment is "reviewed" by the SJW police.

I have no idea how long this comms ban will last. It's not a hardware problem, and I've never seen this before.

What do you guys think is going on here?

Mine isn't working either. Atleast the push-to-talk key doesn't seem to indicate when it is pushed as it did before.
Btw the scavenger crew in one of the locations are super easy to murder. Took them out one by one. Got some fresh non-broken gear.

Gregz

Arcane
Can't you just block or mute them?

I would have muted them if it was easy to do quickly, but I was in the middle of a firefight and getting triggered af.

It's a real chore to scroll down the recent list with so many names on it. I have no idea how FO76 orders 'recent', because it's certainly not chronological. I couldn't find their IGN in time to not risk dying.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
even further
This is the only Bethesda Fallout entry that doesn't though. Especially with regards to how soon it is set after the war, as Bethesda games clearly always should have been.

Well, considering what they pulled off at the release of this game, then yes, this was a complete and utter desaster of a game / rape of the franchise, which they somehow managed fixed in a span of several years.

Also, let me fix that quote

Question is, are you willing to give Emil Pagliarulo more money so that he can rape the Fallout franchise even further? If yes, then go for it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hearing experiences from others regarding events/trolling/voicechat, makes me wonder if I have been extremly lucky so far, or if you are extremely unlucky. Maybe it's the yuropeen time zone?

I can probably count the amounts someone bothered to USE voicechat on one hand. Two of them were super polite "ZE GERMANS" with the broadest accent ever, it was so cliche it was fucking hillarious. One of them suddently appeared in my camp and asked if I could build him a weapon to invade poland with handmade, using more please/thanks per second than the average canadian. :hahano:
Other than that it's russian kids or angry eastern yuropeens. Well, I assume they were angry, but maybe that's how they always sound...

And during all my fastnacht events, I had no sabotaging troll at all. Smart Above average brainpower players bring a Teslarifle anyway, so not being able to tag anything is rare as well. Only one cheater and three SBQ instakills. Right in the beginning, so no time lost. One time it was me.

The other day I joined an open "event" group with some soviet-ish names. Everyone knew how the events worked and we breezed through encryptid, project paradise and 3 SBQs. So even the open groups have been a yuge incline for me.

So yeah, I have had a pretty good on and off ride with this game apparently. :salute:

If only it weren't for all those bugs making me not want to play so often...

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't you just block or mute them?

I would have muted them if it was easy to do quickly, but I was in the middle of a firefight and getting triggered af.

It's a real chore to scroll down the recent list with so many names on it. I have no idea how FO76 orders 'recent', because it's certainly not chronological. I couldn't find their IGN in time to not risk dying.

Can also use map, unless they are blocked by other symbols.

Gregz

Arcane
Hearing experiences from others regarding events/trolling/voicechat, makes me wonder if I have been extremly lucky so far, or if you are extremely unlucky. Maybe it's the yuropeen time zone?

I can probably count the amounts someone bothered to USE voicechat on one hand. Two of them were super polite "ZE GERMANS" with the broadest accent ever, it was so cliche it was fucking hillarious. One of them suddently appeared in my camp and asked if I could build him a weapon to invade poland with handmade, using more please/thanks per second than the average canadian. :hahano:
Other than that it's russian kids or angry eastern yuropeens. Well, I assume they were angry, but maybe that's how they always sound...

And during all my fastnacht events, I had no sabotaging troll at all. Smart Above average brainpower players bring a Teslarifle anyway, so not being able to tag anything is rare as well. Only one cheater and three SBQ instakills. Right in the beginning, so no time lost. One time it was me.

The other day I joined an open "event" group with some soviet-ish names. Everyone knew how the events worked and we breezed through encryptid, project paradise and 3 SBQs. So even the open groups have been a yuge incline for me.

So yeah, I have had a pretty good on and off ride with this game apparently. :salute:

If only it weren't for all those bugs making me not want to play so often...

I totally get rusty's point about voice comms destroying immersion and being a gateway for trolls. Or, maybe he disables them for another reason.

9/10 times comms are fine, and people are fine. The 1/10 times when they are not is so jarring that it feels like you're being mugged. On balance that 1/10 times is bad enough to make me want to disable them.

The best thing to do is only group with people you know. Unfortunately FO76 encourages you to group up with strangers. It's just one of the perils of online gaming that your friends won't be available when you are, and vice versa, so you've got to work with who's available. Usually it's fine, but when it isn't...

I like what they've done with this new update (except maybe the ammo converter), but for now I'll be disabling comms until they make it easier to mute trolls quickly.

So, while being finally someone with the guts to help once again, and going to the tracking range, around Sons of Dane I had to fight my way through some unassuming feral ghouls.

One of them was a 3* legendary who dropped a Handmade, 3* Bloodied/FFR/+1 AGI.

Seems like a god roll, doesn't it? I roll with heavy guns only but maybe ill respec/pick Commando perks for that unyielding Secret Service jetpack.

EDIT: Yeah, it's definitely a god roll, I'm seeing some videos how insane that is in stealth. Also a few days ago I checked and while I may keep rolling for Bloodied Gauss Minigun, on paper my Furious FFR one make the same damage as Bloodied/normal fire rate (being that weapon, Furious charges max in a milisecond). And it was one of the first three I crafted.

Also the Bloodied Plasma Caster I have, while "only" 2*, has probably the best secondary perk, 33 vats (if there ever was a gun made specifically for VATS, it's the one)

All in all, I seem to be having a pretty good luck so far. (lvl 108)

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
TBH I would try to sell it to someone claiming it to be a priceless godroll.
For handmades you want +vats hit and +vats crit. My 1* junkie's handmade already kills every normal sized enemies with 1-2 sneak headshots and I don't even benefit from bloodied shenigans. The FFR would just get swallowed by the vats bug. I am only doing single shots with my auto weapons because of that.
My old char is bloodied wihout a bloodied weapon and has about the same performance. Just with better range and sneak. Even a shitty 1* handmade would be ovenkill.
Bloodied is fun tho, if you can control the field. A lucky rad dmg or slap from a ghoul is baaaaad tho. Also you have to avoid being well fed and food that gives temp HP. Because it will get substracted from your current total when it runs out.
Nothing is more embarrassing than dying from buggy physics because had only 1hp left. :hahano:

Last edited:
TBH I would try to sell it to someone claiming it to be a priceless godroll.
For handmades you want +vats hit and +vats crit. My 1* junkie's handmade already kills every normal sized enemies with 1-2 sneak headshots and I don't even benefit from bloodied shenigans. The FFR would just get swallowed by the vats bug. I am only doing single shots with my auto weapons because of that.
My old char is bloodied wihout a bloodied weapon and has about the same performance. Just with better range and sneak. Even a shitty 1* handmade would be ovenkill.
Bloodied is fun tho, if you can control the field. A lucky rad dmg or slap from a ghoul is baaaaad tho. Also you have to avoid being well fed and food that gives temp HP. Because it will get substracted from your current total when it runs out.
Nothing is more embarrassing than dying from buggy physics because had only 1hp left. :hahano:

It doesn't matter anyway since I'd have to respec 1/3rd of my SPECIAL for Commando :(

I'll just roll with Gauss Shotgun when I'll hit the rep.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The gauss minigun and shotgun made most weapon obsolete anyway. Pretty sad.
Armor too if you like grinding.
For reasons only the Toddler knows the gauss pistol blows up in face before you even get a chance to reload the drum magazine tho. :argh:

Does the scrip exploit with Chloe still work? At least that would remove the scrip issues somewhat...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I doubt it.
Bethesda does not fix bugs unless it's atom shop related or prevents the game from running on consoles. Heck, they didn't even fix bugs they CLAIMED to have fixed in the last patchnotes. :hahano:

Todd's goonies are really abusing this game to test how far they can push their gullible customers.
Now that season pass crap that the majority of players will never be able to complete, unless they pay atoms to do so.
Challenges autocompleting without rewards, the customer service going "Sorry, we don't refund progress lost to bugs. But you could always pay 150 atoms to make up for lost progress."

The only thing missing is a picture of Todd twirling his mustache.
:hearnoevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom