Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Well i tried, wasted 3 hours for it, what a boring piece of crapiness this game is, total fallout abomination, if you think Fallout 4 was crap try this... For real just walking sim with guns.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi everyone,

We just issued a new wave of account actions against players who chose to abuse a recent duplication exploit that we addressed with a hotfix earlier today. In some cases, these accounts received suspensions, while the most egregious offenders received permanent bans from Fallout 76. We continue to take duping and exploit abuse very seriously, and strive to address these issues as soon as we possibly can when they come up.

If you believe you’ve discovered an exploit or have encountered another player using an exploit, please let us know by submitting a ticket to our Customer Support Team and we will take appropriate action.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/419353/account-suspensions-and-bans-july-14-2020?language[]=en

Greetings,

Following a thorough investigation, this account is being placed on a Final Warning due to violating the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct. We cannot allow Item Duplication, as it is in direct violation of the following sections of our Code of Conduct:

5.2 In relation to online/competitive games, users will not exploit any bug, or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax. Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the ZeniMax Service (in game or on a ZeniMax service). Report bugs and exploits using the in-game portal or via help.bethesda.net./track/AvOjDgpDDv8Q~RMQGiEa~yJdxScqqC75Mv~a~zj~PP8T

At this time we have now reactivated your Bethesda.net account and you may now log back in.

Further violations of any part of our Terms of Service may result in a temporary suspension or even a permanent deactivation of your account. Please take a few moments to review the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct, which must be acknowledged in order to participate in any Bethesda services.

Terms of Service - https://bethesda.net/en/document/terms-of-service Code of Conduct - https://bethesda.net/en/document/code-of-conduct

Thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Regards, Bethesda Customer Support
Mass unban, duped items left unwiped.
One of the emails received by those who got unbanned.
At the end the bottomline is

Gregz

Arcane
Hi everyone,

We just issued a new wave of account actions against players who chose to abuse a recent duplication exploit that we addressed with a hotfix earlier today. In some cases, these accounts received suspensions, while the most egregious offenders received permanent bans from Fallout 76. We continue to take duping and exploit abuse very seriously, and strive to address these issues as soon as we possibly can when they come up.

If you believe you’ve discovered an exploit or have encountered another player using an exploit, please let us know by submitting a ticket to our Customer Support Team and we will take appropriate action.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/419353/account-suspensions-and-bans-july-14-2020?language[]=en

Greetings,

Following a thorough investigation, this account is being placed on a Final Warning due to violating the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct. We cannot allow Item Duplication, as it is in direct violation of the following sections of our Code of Conduct:

5.2 In relation to online/competitive games, users will not exploit any bug, or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax. Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the ZeniMax Service (in game or on a ZeniMax service). Report bugs and exploits using the in-game portal or via help.bethesda.net./track/AvOjDgpDDv8Q~RMQGiEa~yJdxScqqC75Mv~a~zj~PP8T

At this time we have now reactivated your Bethesda.net account and you may now log back in.

Further violations of any part of our Terms of Service may result in a temporary suspension or even a permanent deactivation of your account. Please take a few moments to review the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct, which must be acknowledged in order to participate in any Bethesda services.

Terms of Service - https://bethesda.net/en/document/terms-of-service Code of Conduct - https://bethesda.net/en/document/code-of-conduct

Thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Regards, Bethesda Customer Support
In the end the bottomline is...

I have mixed feelings. The mathematical probability of rolling a B2525 Fixer is about 1/50,000...I got a duped one from a generous trade about three weeks ago. All things considered, I'm glad I have it.

Myobi

Liturgist
I knew that praising Bugthesda for something was a mistake, my fucking god, can't wait for them pirate servers.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/art...e-vault-fortifying-atlas-and-quakecon-details

CLAIM FREE LOOT
To celebrate QuakeCon, we’re adding the new Beelzebilly Outfit and the Mr. Demonic Backpack to the Atomic Shop for free all weekend long! Head in-game to claim yours starting at 11:00 a.m. CT on Thursday, August 6, before they leave the Shop on August 10.
IVUI04A.png

Free cute gear!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
At the end the bottomline is:
"Turns out the majority of the banned accounts were paying customers, who used the money from duping to buy even more additional FO1st pylons. Money is more important than a bunch of whiney freeloaders... unban them!" :obviously:

In other news we now know why power armor is so shitty in this game: it is apparently made out of cork wrapped in thin metal foil. At least that would explain why the bruddahhood wants us to collect 20000000 units of cork.

Mud'

Scholar
Well i tried, wasted 3 hours for it, what a boring piece of crapiness this game is, total fallout abomination, if you think Fallout 4 was crap try this... For real just walking sim with guns.

I dont know how you can say that Fallout 4 is better than FO76 to be honest, i mean both are shit, but FO76 gave me more FO vibes than 4 did easily.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
FO4 is such a clusterfuck of setpieces mashed together without even trying to make sense.

FO76 on the other hand is a depressing circle of humanity getting thrown in the dirt, standing up and getting fucked all over again. Eventually "getting extinct" because of egoism and massive trust issues.
Within the limitations of what they could do, the writers had more talent and skill than Todd's A-team ever had. Even if it does not seem like high praise. :obviously:
They put a lot of thought into Todd's "THE BOS MUST BE THERE!!!" demand, more than Todd would ever have.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The irony of the current Corona virus is, it made me understand FO76's story better. I used to think that only one scientist researching the scorched plague, with no support because nobody believed her or wanted to commit resources, despite scorched roaming the countryside, was pretty far fetched.

But now I see people on the streets demonstrating against the government Corona conspiracy, since they don't see proof of it.... well, the game writing feels a lot more believeable now.
Sad. :cry:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, stopped bothering again after I had my cheapsquatch plushie a while ago.
Gonna check back when the BOS stuff hits, Wastelanders writing was fun enough to make me expect a few days of decent entertainment out of it.

Giskard

Augur
Gregz You could always make your own quests - mine is to turn off every damned radio (I know they reset when I leave the game but still)...but I am only level 48 and still have plenty to do :) I have not even worn all the hat/glasses combos yet :)

On another note - I saw a player at level 1032 ... How long OCD do you have to be and how long would that even take? (asking for a friend ;))

Gregz

Arcane
Gregz You could always make your own quests - mine is to turn off every damned radio

I do that during raids, and you're right about the LARPing your own quests thing, it works in FO76.

I am only level 48 and still have plenty to do :) I have not even worn all the hat/glasses combos yet :)

I'm ashamed to say it, but if I'm honest, LARPing is a huge part of the game experience in FO76, and I'm not talking about wearing funny hats. It's the setting that allows that, they did a really good job with the setting. It really feels like I'm hanging out in Wasteland (Fallout to the millennials and zoomers).

On another note - I saw a player at level 1032 ... How long OCD do you have to be and how long would that even take? (asking for a friend ;))

Hacks and exploits. Don't get me wrong, FO76 is a great sandbox to go OCD in, but Beth's code is so easy to exploit. I intentionally played it straight the first 3 months or so, but for every bugged quest or CTD, a little part of me wanted payback. So I spent my last month or so doing that. Now I've got a hacked .50 that can solo-melt the SBQ in about 5 seconds. I know a guy who walks around with an aura-hack that kills everything within 200m of him :lol:

I'm not sure if I'm taking a break or moving on. The problem with MMOs, like all games, is there's a finite amount of content.

ATM I'm playing Daggerfall Unity and loving it.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
I'm ashamed to say it, but if I'm honest, LARPing is a huge part of the game experience in FO76

I don't get it, how is "LARPing" a huge part of Fallout 76?

The LA in LARP literally stands for "live-action", aka:

... so, the fuck you on about? You mean, role-playing?

Yeah, who would have guessed that role-playing could be a huge part of a online action role-playing video game, utter madness I tell you.

Myobi

Liturgist
I think Gregz meant just roleplaying and not live action roleplaying.

Makes you wonder, does he not know the meaning of “live” or does he just go around using acronyms without even knowing what they actually stand for? But then again, it comes from someone who’s surprised to find roleplaying on a roleplaying video game, which, if you think about it, it explains why in his opinion FO76 is a “great sandbox” while admitting that the fucking thing is filled bugs and cheaters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m Myobi and this is my favorite thread on the citadel.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Myobi

On the Codex, "LARP" is a mocking term derived from the outdoor recreational activity, focusing on the imaginary aspect.

LARPing is the act of pretending there is a system in place even though there isn't. For example, following speed limits and traffic lights in GTA "to not alert the cops" or not taking all supplies in rebel bases in Half-Life 2 "to give them a better fighting chance against the Combine" - even though no such systems exist and doing these things are completely pointless.

In comparison, a game like Mafia actually has a system where the cops go after you if you exceed the speed limit, thus staying below the limit out of fear of cops is not LARPing.

A little bit of LARPing in the privacy of one's home is not dangerous. Feel free to drop an apple in front of a hungry beggar even though nothing actually happens.

However, when someone begins praising an RPG for its vast amount of pointless, optional things that have nothing to do with role-playing, it's time to call the LARP Prevention Hotline.

In computer RPG's, role-playing isn't about pretending but about picking a role and advancing it. You pick skills to succeed in specific situations, you tweak your equipment to excel in certain areas, and you make choices to make characters react in a certain way.

Myobi

Liturgist
In other words, even assuming that he was using the term as a joke, it would still sound fucking stupid.... amazing, its like no matter the alternative reality you visit, Gregz always ends up being retarded... poor dude.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I saw a player at level 1032 ... How long OCD do you have to be and how long would that even take? (asking for a friend ;))
99.9% of those guys are cheaters/exploiters of course, running scripts afk.
Last year building/disarming/scrapping laser tripwires in your camp was all the rage, giving xp and more crystals than invested. Wasn't uncommon to see doggiebags with 10000s of crystals in it someone dropped, because he could not move anymore.
Or simply afk leeching during events. Had some fun during fasnacht, killing afks with radiation mines and then ragdolling them out of the bounderies. What? I was larping a bad guy mkay.

That said, with the season pass and double xp, 400/500ish is probably a reasonable level for regular players now.
If you see anyone above that, you may laugh in his face and it is justified either way. :hahano:

Giskard

Augur
Hacks and exploits. Don't get me wrong, FO76 is a great sandbox to go OCD in, but Beth's code is so easy to exploit. I intentionally played it straight the first 3 months or so, but for every bugged quest or CTD, a little part of me wanted payback. So I spent my last month or so doing that. Now I've got a hacked .50 that can solo-melt the SBQ in about 5 seconds. I know a guy who walks around with an aura-hack that kills everything within 200m of him :lol:

And here's me thinking that Beth' had full-proof anti-cheat/hack systems in place...

Only kidding...I am not that delusional...yet:martini:

Mud'

Scholar
Myobi
A little bit of LARPing in the privacy of one's home is not dangerous. Feel free to drop an apple in front of a hungry beggar even though nothing actually happens.

However, when someone begins praising an RPG for its vast amount of pointless, optional things that have nothing to do with role-playing, it's time to call the LARP Prevention Hotline.

In computer RPG's, role-playing isn't about pretending but about picking a role and advancing it. You pick skills to succeed in specific situations, you tweak your equipment to excel in certain areas, and you make choices to make characters react in a certain way.

Reading that roleplay list felt like reading my modlist when i went full autistic with Skyrim mods, so if you add mechanics to the game to support that "roleplay", then is not longer LARPing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom