Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Steel be with you!

Steel Dawn is the first chapter in the new Brotherhood of Steel questline, free for Fallout 76 players. Paladin Leila Rahmani and her troops have arrived from California to establish a new Appalachian chapter. Work with or against the other Factions to achieve success. Visit settlements populated with new NPCs and unlock powerful weapons and armor from the Brotherhood arsenal. Join in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology – but only you can determine how it will be used. Coming December 2020

article-1040365-02EC58F10000044D-669_306x337.jpg

Gregz

Arcane
I won't be playing this update for one simple reason: (((grrrl power paladin in charge of all the stupid lazy men!)))™.

I can ignore and skip written dialogue, but their female VAs are so obnoxious...with the exception of Rose.

If someone here tries it, and claims it's actually well done, I may change my mind. Chances of that? Low.

KVVRR

Learned
How many times can Bethesda milk the BrotherHood of Steal until their fans get tired of seeing their stupid faces?

Toddler Howard: "Fallout 86d: Still Decline explores all new horizons of lore rape using traditional development methods, with 16x the fuckery to see whether or not you care about a map of bullshit."

IGN (as stolen from a YouTuber): "INNOVATIVE OLD-SCHOOL!"
Still would be better than anything Cain or Boyarsky are capable of creating now.
I don't know, I'd gladly take white bread bland over brown reclycled-ideas-and-yet-continuity-breaking shit.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
What possibly bothers me the most about the Brotherhood of Steel under the hands of Bethesda is not the radical change of the faction's goals or the way they are portrayed (from isolationists to paladins of justice), but the overwhelmingly retarded "AD VICTORIAM" motto that wasn't anywhere to be seen in the first three games, both classic Fallout and their own Fallout 3. It's like they thought "how do we make them act like paladins of justice even more? I know, let's add a latin motto!"

Thankfully this is the Codex, else there would be many retards ready to jump at me with the "you don't decide what the factions are like" argument.

It's can be explained as the further East Chapter separated and evolves itself from West chapter Brotherhood of Steel as seen in Fallout 4.

The thing that didn't make any sense why West Chapter BOS at the time Fallout 76 doing the same exact stupid salute and greeting thing like it's East Chapter counterpart. Maybe Arthur Maxson bring back stupid shit like that as part of to bring BOS back to the glory days before Fallout 1.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

Myobi

Liturgist

ADL

Prophet
Just logged into Fallout 76 for the first time since the level scaling update and my god... This sucks shit. I was okay with One Tamriel update for the most part in Elder Scrolls Online but this is a survival game where you're constantly collecting and using resources. Now enemies that used to take one or two shots to kill take three or four shots with my best in slot rifle meaning I'm using 2-3x the ammunition.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am actually curious how they will portray the original (and freshly formed) brohood from Coolifornia.
The VW "chapter" was a pretty decent approach to it: they just followed Maxon's idea for a sense of unity while distancing themselves from what the old government stands for. Half of them made fun of the whole knight business, collecting other people's tech was an order they did not enforce, and Taggerty was already "fuck Maxon's orders about nukes".
IF they played that straight, than the "real" BoS would turn out to be hardcore oldschool crusaders no player would want to work with. Or they with them! Players hoard high tech weapons and fire nukes on a hourly base after all. :hahano:

Waiting for someone to start a new char after that and report if the mainstory makes any sense at all then. Remember everyone died of the airborne scorch coof until the player made a vacine. Now what, everyone is happily living out there for 2 years without one, because... scorchbeasts are quarantained and not allowed to leave the bog anymore? :hahano:
#ScorchCoofIsALie

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Steel Dawn is the first chapter in the new Brotherhood of Steel questline, free for Fallout 76 players. Paladin Leila Rahmani and her troops have arrived from California to establish a new Appalachian chapter. Work with or against the other Factions to achieve success. Visit settlements populated with new NPCs and unlock powerful weapons and armor from the Brotherhood arsenal. Join in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology – but only you can determine how it will be used. Coming December 1, 2020.

The Steel Dawn update includes:
• New Questline - Determine how you will aid The Brotherhood of Steel NPCs in the first chapter of their new all-new story.
• New Locations and Gear - Unlock unique weapons and armor from Steel Dawn and explore new locations newly populated with members of The Brotherhood and other factions.
• Season 3 Scoreboard - Join Time Operative K.D. Inkwell in her quest for the Guild of Antiquities and rank up to unlock new rewards including C.A.M.P. Allies, Lunchboxes, and more. Beginning December 15.
• C.A.M.P. Shelters - Build and decorate in new underground, instanced spaces separate from your main C.A.M.P. Complete a new quest and get your first Shelter free starting December 1.
• Lite Allies - Recruit two new allies as you rank up during Season 3, who offer bonuses exclusively from your C.A.M.P.

ADL

Prophet
Unless they overhauled the level scaling they can fuck off. I was fine with it in Elder Scrolls Online but in a crafting survival game, I don't want to spend as many shots killing radroaches as it would take to kill a super mutant. That shit sucks.

Cael

Arcane
Unless they overhauled the level scaling they can fuck off. I was fine with it in Elder Scrolls Online but in a crafting survival game, I don't want to spend as many shots killing radroaches as it would take to kill a super mutant. That shit sucks.
The fact you even know that kind of mechanic exist...

:nocountryforshitposters:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As the Brotherhood of Steel’s First Expeditionary Force makes their way to Appalachia, we revisit the lost, remote Chapter that arose before Reclamation Day. Discover their background before the Great War, their integration into a new ideology, and their tragic downfall to the Scorched menace that swept across the region - leading to the events of Steel Dawn. Coming December 1, 2020.

0:00: The Great War
0:50: Secrets Uncovered
1:49: Integration into the Brotherhood of Steel
2:48: The Brotherhood Expands
3:20: Relations with the Responders
3:47: A Greater Goal
4:13: The Scorched Threat
4:50: The Nuclear Option
5:34: Communication Lost
6:01: Redrawing the Battle Lines
6:14: Operation Touchdown
7:14: Downfall
7:38: Steel Dawn

Join the Brotherhood in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology this December – but only you can determine how it will be used.

Hellion

Arcane
The amount of comments under that video that are all slight variations of "oooh the BoS presence in Appalachia TOTALLY MAKES SENSE NOW, I LOVE BETHESDA!" is almost comical.

Gregz

Arcane

As the Brotherhood of Steel’s First Expeditionary Force makes their way to Appalachia, we revisit the lost, remote Chapter that arose before Reclamation Day. Discover their background before the Great War, their integration into a new ideology, and their tragic downfall to the Scorched menace that swept across the region - leading to the events of Steel Dawn. Coming December 1, 2020.

0:00: The Great War
0:50: Secrets Uncovered
1:49: Integration into the Brotherhood of Steel
2:48: The Brotherhood Expands
3:20: Relations with the Responders
3:47: A Greater Goal
4:13: The Scorched Threat
4:50: The Nuclear Option
5:34: Communication Lost
6:01: Redrawing the Battle Lines
6:14: Operation Touchdown
7:14: Downfall
7:38: Steel Dawn

Join the Brotherhood in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology this December – but only you can determine how it will be used.

Better than all of them combined:

Cirtdear

Savant
A couple small squads of wargaming troopies are enough to cause Maxson to send the steel across the whole country? Nah that didn't happen.
There needs to be a bigger reason. Brotherhood aren't suppose to simp for anyone.

If Maxson has a Taggerdly size hole in his heart there is plenty of closer places he can recruit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom