Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by frajaq, May 29, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  2. Giskard Scholar

Giskard
    101% agree, the thing that also killed it for me is how now I have to spend so much time getting materials so I have enough ammo (2mm EC for my Gauss Rifle) to kill 1 little fucking bug, or doing one of the dailies and get surrounded by level 80 wolves (me level 64) that just do so much damage that you have to get to higher ground to have a chance (and I don't want to run around in power armour ALL THE FUCKING TIME just to survive)I have no time to actually explore or do any quests or anything. It is supposed to be a (loosely) RPG - you know ... a Role Playing Game!!!!!!! I don't want to be FORCED to play the role of a walking tin can all the time.

I am the first to admit that I have given Beth the benefit of the doubt in the past, but this goes just too far. Sorry Bethesda but :killit:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Ironically switching to the gauss minigun was an improvement for me, since you do not need to farm acid for gunpowder anymore.
    But that was before one wasteland. Now I would probably spend more ammo going through the lucky hole mine than I get in return. :hahano:

Power armor and melee would probably the way to go these days I guess...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Giskard Scholar

Giskard
    But that's not how I (and I am sure many others) want to play the game, I like to ROLE PLAY a lightly packed, stealthy, sniper most of the time, and they have completely taken that away as an option.
    Power armor has it time and place (for me anyway) in a few high level/high RAD area's, but not the whole fucking map. :decline:

I also like to have my arse handed to me when I have ventured into a situation or place I am too low a level for, then going back in a few levels to try again. One of my fave memories in the game was when I was very low level (10 or 12 I think), and I had drunk the Vintage Nukashine in Morgantown, after wandering around for a few minutes I blacked out and I was transported to the Rail Carriage in the Cranberry Bog, no Fucking way was I going to be able to kill anything there, so I spent ages trying to sneak back to the safe side of the map...suffice to say I did not make it back alive :), but it was a challenge and made the game fun.- That won't happen now, because if you end up over there at level 5 you can kill anything with your pea shooter. :decline:

I don't see why they could not have made it an option.

Does anyone know the general consensus of other players to how thought about that particular update? Just asking because I hope that if enough people hate it...maybe, just maybe, they will roll it back.

Show Spoiler
    But Beth don't have the Balls to do the RIGHT thing and FIX their FUCKUPS :fallout3:

^ Top  
  5. SerratedBiz Arcane

SerratedBiz
    Yeah.

It's shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Tell me about it. I ran with the "classic fallout setup": vaultsuit, light leather armor, 10mm pistol, double barrel shotgun and a hunting rifle. :obviously:
    Even that little armor was enough for getting occasionally hit, and my 10mm 2shot vatshit pistol could reliably dispatch soopah mootants at west-tek. The only dangerous enemies were ASSaultron hugs.
    But now when I played the DLC, even a bunch of random molerat triggers the "your armor broke, have fun farming ballistic fibre sucker" sound effect immediately, thanks to being level 100...

"Please buy repair kits in the shop, it's on sale! Love, Todd."
    No thanks. :argh:

• Rage Rage x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    Does the SBQ no longer drop them?

^ Top  
  8. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Can someone give me the rundown on what tech was so important for BoS to snatch up?

^ Top  
  9. Hellion Arcane

Hellion
    They set their base up in a place that was supposed to house a weather control device of sorts, but the device was no longer operational. In the end, they settled for an Ultracite Battery.

^ Top  
  10. Myobi Scholar

Myobi
    Reading this sort of stuff gives me the biggest grin ever, I can't even begin to express how good it makes feel to see a community butthurt over shitty ass changes like those that merely exist to push them into throwing money at "totally not pay to win" monetization schemes that so many used to passionately defended against "dem haters", its like giving a bitch a strap on and then complaining that she fucked you in the ass with it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Sure, even the good ones, not the atom store crap. But those are not really an option for new players, since you need to deal a large amount of dammich to the SBQ to qualify for drops. So they are the ones hit hardest by that crap. Back when I was playing, I already stuck to lvl30 armor until veeeeeery late, because it still needed no ballistic duct tape to repair. You can only pick up 7 or so per day in the bootcamp, doesn't cut it to keep up.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    ^ Top  
  12. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    I hope the plot twist there will be the Brohood deciding to use nukes to create more ultrashite ore. To give them an edge in preventing Bad_Guys(tm) from... using nukes.

Remember kids: only the Brotherhood of Steel-be-with-you knows how to handle nefarious tech right! :salute:

^ Top  
  13. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Should have some free time now to review the new update for codex's favorite RPG.
    Get hyped!

• decline x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Cyberpunk and Disco Furry made collaboration event?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Mark.L.Joy Erudite

Mark.L.Joy
    Lord have mercy rusty is back and shilling for this pos again.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • decline decline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Fucking traitors. Decline enablers. Sodomites.

• Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    yes but enough about the people posting in the cyberpunk thread

• Funny x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • How about this as a button x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Does this thing still have players? Last time I've seen stats on Steam, there are some old singleplayer games on steam that have more players than this thing.

^ Top  
  19. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    I hope it's just Ralph and the few NMAfags I see playing it. Decline everywhere.

^ Top  
  20. Giskard Scholar

Giskard
    Hey Rusty, tell us if they have got rid of that loathsome 'One wasteland for all' crap yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    I just wish there wasnt so much resource farming.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Alexander DeLarge Arbiter

Alexander DeLarge
    TES76 when
    don't have to farm ammo when you're going sword&board

^ Top  
  23. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    you seriously believe that your swords wont be made of glass and break faster than the ones in that zelda game

• Despair Despair x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Your revolver holds 6 bullets, but your fists never run out of ammo.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    So is this still a thing?

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.