Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas pulls in $300 Million

Jason

chasing a bee
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
10,737
Location
baby arm fantasy island
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-08-fallout-new-vegas-ships-five-million" target="_blank">Eurogamer brings word</a> that the coveted <a href="http://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/28896055927" target="_blank">Ice-T endorsement</a> has paid off for <strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>Bethesda's shipped a whopping five million units of science-fiction role-playing game Fallout: New Vegas.<br /><br />This, coupled with a "heavy volume of digital downloads", generated well over $300 million in sales.<br /><br />Remember, shipped means shipped, as in sent to shops and other retailers. But still, five million's an impressive number.<br /><br />"We are delighted by the reception Fallout: New Vegas has received from fans around the world," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda.<br /><br />"Despite the large launch quantities for this title, we have already received substantial re-orders from our retail partners, underscoring the tremendous popularity of this highly entertaining game. We believe Fallout: New Vegas will be the must buy title for gamers throughout the holiday season."&nbsp;<br /></blockquote>
<p>Congratulations to the Obsidian gang on their first slam dunk.<br /><br /><em>Thanks to fizzelopeguss</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
 

Xor

Arcane
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
9,345
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm sure Obsidian gets a portion of the profits.


Also, wow. This is the first time in a long time that I'm actually enjoying a well-selling title.
 

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
1,865,249
Location
Where one can weep in peace
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah well, if what Josh Sawyer said is true then all Obsidian will see from this is a couple of bonus checks, assuming of course they negotiated something decent based on average reviews and units sold. They won't be rolling in money from this.

The only thing is that they will be in a better position to negotiate good deals in the future.



Volourn said:
$300M divided by $80.

That would make 3 million 750 thousand units sold, which would mean than NV sold 500,000 more in two weeks than Dragon Age managed in it's first 4 months. Poor Bioware.
 

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
14,118
Location
New Vegas
commie said:
That would make 3 million 750 thousand units sold, which would mean than NV sold 500,000 more in two weeks than Dragon Age managed in it's first 4 months. Poor Bioware.

Bioware's response: "NEED MORE GUNS! MORE ACTION! TACTICS WHA?"
 

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
7,163
Location
location, location
Bubbles In Memoria
This game is more retarded than it let on. My high hopes were dashed after stumbling upon area after area which made no sense and where the overly friendly NPCs willingly "spilled" about the uninteresting and unbelievable "life" in their lifeless "town".

Standing on the corners, soliciting non-existent customers.

I stumbled onto a town with New Vegas version of Hitler. He was a breath of fresh air, as he was after destroying all the retarded NPCs in this game, too.

Then I stumbled upon a town which sold dinosaur toys because it had a giant dinosaur. A lifeless place. Nobody buys toys in the wasteland. None of this made any sense.

Then I found a ghoul cult, with a "charismatic leader", who sent me to a basement to kill "nightkin". Smelling Todd Howard, I ignored his request and moved on, only to stumble upon a near-identical NCR installation, which had an annoying yet-overly-friendly NPC ask me to go switch panels for them...

I stumbled upon "New Vegas Medical", where the doctor was overly friendly and chirped along like she was in Kaiser Permanente, not in desolate wasteland.

Then I found Crimson Caravan, but when they started yammering their tardspeak at me, I couldn't take it anymore. I got out of there, and saw a guard. Her head flew clean off.

Same fate dawned on the unfortunate mercenary and a trader passing by. I left the brahmin alone - it was an innocent in all this.

My last action in FO: Nonsense Vegas was killing a prostitute, taking her outfit, and running away from an entire town shooting at me.

Then I put on the outfit, switched to 3rd-person view, admiring my role-playing skills, and now the next step will be erasing this terrible affliction from my hard drive.
 
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,658
Location
Prussia
If i find anything which doesn't make sense in your game, i'll find you and punch you in the face. Of course this only applies if you ever finish it.
 

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Messages
27,487
Location
Copenhagen
shihonage said:
This game is more retarded than it let on. My high hopes were dashed after stumbling upon area after area which made no sense and where the overly friendly NPCs willingly "spilled" about the uninteresting and unbelievable "life" in their lifeless "town".

Standing on the corners, soliciting non-existent customers.

I stumbled onto a town with New Vegas version of Hitler. He was a breath of fresh air, as he was after destroying all the retarded NPCs in this game, too.

Then I stumbled upon a town which sold dinosaur toys because it had a giant dinosaur. A lifeless place. Nobody buys toys in the wasteland. None of this made any sense.

Then I found a ghoul cult, with a "charismatic leader", who sent me to a basement to kill "nightkin". Smelling Todd Howard, I ignored his request and moved on, only to stumble upon a near-identical NCR installation, which had an annoying yet-overly-friendly NPC ask me to go switch panels for them...

I stumbled upon "New Vegas Medical", where the doctor was overly friendly and chirped along like she was in Kaiser Permanente, not in desolate wasteland.

Then I found Crimson Caravan, but when they started yammering their tardspeak at me, I couldn't take it anymore. I got out of there, and saw a guard. Her head flew clean off.

Same fate dawned on the unfortunate mercenary and a trader passing by. I left the brahmin alone - it was an innocent in all this.

My last action in FO: Nonsense Vegas was killing a prostitute, taking her outfit, and running away from an entire town shooting at me.

Then I put on the outfit, switched to 3rd-person view, admiring my role-playing skills, and now the next step will be erasing this terrible affliction from my hard drive.

Trying a little too hard there ol' chap. Use Skyway's method instead, saves breath.
 

DarthBehemoth

Learned
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
567
Location
Netherlands
I'm enjoying FNV. At least it's better than shitty F3. The Brotherhood is better written, the plot makes sense and above all THE GAME MAKES MORE SENSE THAN FALLOUT 3.
 

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,878,582
Location
Djibouti
Fallout 3 with the same retarded gameplay, gamebro engine, bugs and interface is released again. But this time it has a cool story (bro).

Storyfags rejoice, new best rpg since Arcanum, 10/10.

This is like that thing skyway was talking about.
 

Elwro

Arcane
Joined
Dec 29, 2002
Messages
11,749
Location
Krakow, Poland
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I really hope some this $ will go towards the improvement of their QA department...

...who am I kidding :D
 

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
7,163
Location
location, location
Bubbles In Memoria
Grunker said:
Trying a little too hard there ol' chap. Use Skyway's method instead, saves breath.

I don't troll.

Much.

SimpleComplexity said:
If i find anything which doesn't make sense in your game, i'll find you and punch you in the face. Of course this only applies if you ever finish it.

I'd be flattered if anyone cared about Shelter enough to find me and punch me in the face if it sucks. Unfortunately, you're just defending FO:NV.

(wipes lone tear)
 

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
Joined
Jun 1, 2008
Messages
34,585
Location
Cell S-004
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is where things get interesting. I hoped they'd get the recognition they deserve so much with Alpha Protocol, but doing it like this is just as sweet.
 
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,658
Location
Prussia
shihonage said:
Unfortunately, you're just defending FO:NV.
Yin & Yang. I'm just putting back the Yang in the Yin.

Btw. this shit is too funny not to post:
For those of you who ask yourself, what is this Monsterland thing, and what happened to Shelter, well, let me refresh your memory. Nothing happened to Shelter. It has been suspended until we finish our mostly-finished stylized shooter, Monsterland, and attempt to sell it for a suitably cheap price.
Anyway, i wish you good luck.
 

Silellak

Cipher
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
3,198
Location
Tucson, AZ
Darth Roxor said:
Fallout 3 with the same retarded gameplay
Are faction mechanics and quest design not part of the gameplay?

Also, people who have played more than a couple of hours know that other aspects of the gameplay have been improved - maybe not enough to make everyone happy, but it's not "lol the same" as FO3.
 

Texas Red

Whiner
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
7,044
If it's like any other office company Obsidian will be getting a great Christmas party with 3 *FREE* drinks. Vouchers for the free drinks MUST be signed by the officer administrator. Vouchers without the proper signature will NOT be accepted. Snacks will not be provided.
 

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
4,299
Silellak said:
Darth Roxor said:
Fallout 3 with the same retarded gameplay
Are faction mechanics and quest design not part of the gameplay?

Also, people who have played more than a couple of hours know that other aspects of the gameplay have been improved - maybe not enough to make everyone happy, but it's not "lol the same" as FO3.
Darth Roxor's pc has become infected with the Gothic 4 virus and therefore New Vegas won't work on his machine.

C&C bro. :M
 

Elwro

Arcane
Joined
Dec 29, 2002
Messages
11,749
Location
Krakow, Poland
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Volrath said:
Darth Roxor's pc has become infected with the Gothic 4 virus and therefore New Vegas won't work on his machine.
FUCK.

I knew I shouldn't have installed Arcania demo.
 

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom