Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: New Vegas

Deleted member 7219

Black said:
Matt7895 said:
So? I don't care if it's a hybrid of both teams' styles. I don't think Fallout 3 was bad.
In my fact it was a terrible Fallout game.

In your fact?

Black

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Facts are new opinions. Everyone has one.
Oh please, did you guys suddenly forget what makes a Fallout game? Fallout design philosophy? The whole silly P&P emulation thing and many other thingies?

That's really funny since we've been through this many times, especially when bethtards were coming to Codex and the master Codex race have to taught them what makes a Fallout game. But now it's forgotten.

Turok

Erudite
New Fallout Title Revealed
Apr 20, 2009 @ 10:06am

This is interesting...Shacknews is reporting this morning that developer Bethesda has announced a new, externally-developed entry in the popular post-apocolyptic RPG franchise Fallout. The new game, which is actually being developed by Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II/Alpha Protocol maker Obsidian, is titled "Fallout New Vegas" and is expected to launch at some point in 2010 across the PS3, 360, and PC.

While basically nothing is known about the title at this time, it's been revealed that this process has been initiated by Bethesda and not Obsidian, which is interesting to say the least. Also, we're not sure if it uses the Fallout 3 engine or something else entirely, so we'll just have to keep you posted on those types of details as they emerge.

Thats it, Besheda begin the work, i guess Obsidian will be forced to do what beshe do so far.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Vault Dweller said:
I posted it before the first update was added. Obsidian? Now that's interesting.

Didn't they say, after Aliens was cancelled, that they had a new contract signed?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Turok said:
Thats it, Besheda begin the work, i guess Obsidian will be forced to do what beshe do so far.

Forced? Sorry man, Obsidian is crap and only will ruin the franchise further. Out of 3 games and 2 addons they've made there is only 1 addon that is good, everything else is crappy mainstream akshun full of terrible combat.

Luzur

Good Sir
Astromarine said:
sue? Beth contracted them to develop an "off main line" game. Noone even knows if it's going to be first person yet, or use the TES engine at all. I'd assume not, actually.

well, yeah, like they are doing with Interplay?

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
rubens_rape1.jpg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Black said:
Vault Dweller said:
Facts are new opinions. Everyone has one.
Oh please, did you guys suddenly forget what makes a Fallout game? Fallout design philosophy? The whole silly P&P emulation thing and many other thingies?
a) My comment was in response to "my fact". I didn't say anything about the quality of the game.
b) Is there anything that indicates that Avellone and Sawyer aren't a good choice for Fallout developers?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
They really could have come up with a little bit (FUCKING LOT) less shitty title.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Seems to be all over the internets, so it seems pretty genuine. Either way it certainly comes out of left field.

An interesting development.

Vault Dweller

Developer
skyway said:
What's your point?

I didn't say Obsidian. I said Avellone and Sawyer. When it comes to Fallout, they are second only to the original team. Can they fuck it up? Absolutely. However, unlike Bethesda who simply couldn't do it right, there is a very high chance that these guys can do a proper Fallout game. That's all I'm saying.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
And I still have not played a single Fallout game.

I think more Fallout games will mean that the originals should become easier to find; maybe they'll make a collector's edition, and I'll finally get to playing this newfangled Fallout stuff everybody keeps talking about.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So uhm... Obsidian making another game from a well-known franchise again? Alpha Protocol seems to be the only original IP they'll ever create or something. Seriously, Obsidian will forever be known as the company that made buggy sequels to successful games. Yeah, I trust them to make something that is far better in the writing department than Fallout 3 was, but, by the gods, they should start making more games of their own. Even their now most probably cancelled Alien RPG was based off another franchise. Everything they do is based off another franchise. They probably don't have any people who can create settings or something.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Anyway, I wonder if it'll use the FO3 engine or the scrapped Aliens RPG.

and

JarlFrank said:
by the gods, they should start making more games of their own.

Vault Dweller

Developer
JarlFrank said:
...by the gods, they should start making more games of their own. Even their now most probably cancelled Alien RPG was based off another franchise. Everything they do is based off another franchise. They probably don't have any people who can create settings or something.
Yeah, because that's what every publisher wants. An original and creative IP. It's quite a wet dream. Think before you post?

Black

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
a) My comment was in response to "my fact". I didn't say anything about the quality of the game.
Fair enough, oldtimer. I was just mocking this whole "in my opinion" shit.
b) Is there anything that indicates that Avellone and Sawyer aren't a good choice for Fallout developers?
Oh no, in fact, I believe they would be great for Fallout devs. So what? They are making new Fallout for bethesda, the way bethesda wants them to make it. Doesn't matter if you have Cain, Boyarsky, Taylor etc as new Fallout devs if Todd controls everything.

The Wizard

Educated
skyway said:
Forced? Sorry man, Obsidian is crap and only will ruin the franchise further. Out of 3 games and 2 addons they've made there is only 1 addon that is good, everything else is crappy mainstream akshun full of terrible combat.
"It will be the same sort of role-playing game experience seen in Fallout 3, he said"
but this is going to far. even the piece of shit the nwn2 oc was, is miles better then fallout 3. yes, even the combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom