Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

std::namespace

Why you assume I'm playing MMOs?
I could assume you're actually a minor, by your messages, but you don't see me making such assumptions, now do you? I find it odd you're interested in convincing me you're an adult, but whatever.
u r full on retarded, no one was talking about you
kys larper

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why you assume I'm playing MMOs?
I could assume you're actually a minor, by your messages, but you don't see me making such assumptions, now do you? I find it odd you're interested in convincing me you're an adult, but whatever.
u r full on retarded, no one was talking about you
kys larper
Since I'm such a loser, surely it won't just end like that, you won't be satisfied until you beat my dick into the ground, because you're such a badass

You want me to dress like Meg from Family Guy before this encounter, to satisfy you to the fullest?

Beans00

Augur
Do I need some special version of fallout 2 to run this? Or have specific mods installed like hi res or sfall?

ironmask

Arbiter
To anyone who has played yandex translation of F: Sonora, how was it? Was any of the computer translated dialogue clunky or hard to understand?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Half of the files are hand-translated, and everything else has been corrected to the point where it’s perfectly playable.
It’s free, just give it a try and drop it if you don’t like it.

Beans00

Augur
I installed sonora from nevada bands website, then put the translation in. I'm only in the tutorial cellars but most of the items are still in russian.

Is this a me issue or is this not done yet?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Which translation? What version/date? Downloaded where?
It's impossible to help you if you produce a shitty error report.

Beans00

Augur
I used the translation from the github in the first post of this thread. The translation version of from october 11th, I didn't see a newer version.

grRFqMl.png

MyE8XtY.png

Jigby

Augur
You have to use the repack from rutracker. Author's version would require restructuring.

edit: to have the translation working on the author's version you'd have to
1. extract sonora
2. extract dayglow into sonora
3. from the sonora translation extract master.dat to some temp folder, then extract the files from master.dat with some .dat extractor like (https://www.mediafire.com/file/yaadhbtfar624cy/unDAT_v0.2.0_by_Noid.rar/file)
4. from the sonora folder extract the files from master.dat with some .dat extractor to some other temp folder
5. merge those 2 temp folders so that the translation files overwrite the original files
6. delete master.dat in Sonora folder and rename the merged temp folder to master.dat
7. delete the original patchdlc.dat from Sonora's folder and rename Dayglow_DLC.dat to patchdlc.dat
8. start the game with FSonoraDLC.exe

ofcourse this was not tested, since everyone just plays the repack. so download the repack.

edit2: considering the amount of work required in merging the files, definitely not worth it :)

Last edited:

Beans00

Augur
You have to use the repack from rutracker. Author's version would require restructuring.

edit: to have the translation working on the author's version you'd have to
1. extract sonora
2. extract dayglow into sonora
3. extract translation into sonora
4. rename mods/Dayglow_DLC.dat to patchDLC.dat and overwrite with it the original patchDLC.dat that's in Sonora folder
5. start the game with FSonoraDLC.exe

ofcourse this was not tested, since everyone just plays the repack. so download the repack.

Well I did all those steps and the translation worked, but now I get an error from trying to save the game.

Is rutracker a torrent site? Despite my reputation for begging I've never actually torrented anything before.

Jigby

Augur
Well I did all those steps and the translation worked, but now I get an error from trying to save the game.
yeah, it's most likely not going to work correctly since the master.dat there was taken from the repack. I tried it a bit and after doing the initial quest I was not awarded a pipboy (you don't start with one in Sonora). So the script is probably different from vanilla.

Is rutracker a torrent site?
it is indeed a torrent site. that's the only version that's compatible with the translation.

edit: just noticed that the master.dat in the translation is way smaller in size than the one from author's website. So the repack must have completely restructured it. After restoring the files, I now get the pipboy :)... Still it's better to use the repack.

Last edited:

Fic_Mon

Novice
What's the difference between the github and dropbox version of the translation and do they both require the sonora repack from rutracker to run?

Jigby

Augur
What's the difference between the github and dropbox version of the translation and do they both require the sonora repack from rutracker to run?
it's the same translation, although the dropbox one might be a bit newer, so I'd use that one.
do they both require the sonora repack from rutracker to run?
Yes.

//Assuming that by dropbox you meant this one -> link

AdolfSatan

Arcane
They’re the exact same translation in the exact same version. Dbox is packed .dat, github is extracted folders. Both work the same, but the latter is easier to update if someone submits new bugs or requests.

Fic_Mon

Novice
They’re the exact same translation in the exact same version. Dbox is packed .dat, github is extracted folders. Both work the same, but the latter is easier to update if someone submits new bugs or requests.
Check github translation I made some pull requests.

Fic_Mon

Novice
Check github again made a ton of improvements. Btw should I keep editing files that are in sonoradlc data first and then looking for the file that needs to be edited in master data if it isn't in sonora data or am I doing it wrong?

Fic_Mon

Novice
Check github again made a ton of improvements. Btw should I keep editing files that are in sonoradlc data first and then looking for the file that needs to be edited in master data if it isn't in sonora data or am I doing it wrong?
Also is there any stuff that is priority for the translation that needs to be done. Ive fixed a lot of stuff such as okno not being window and such but there might be still some left.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I’m merging all your improvements to the main branch, much appreciated :salute:

Nothing is priority in that we’re not actively developing the translation anymore, it only gets updated when someone wants to chime in with their efforts or report a bug, so contribute inso far as you feel comfortable doing so.

I don’t understand what you mean about sonoradlc. There’s master.dat, and dayglow_dlc.dat, which is where all the text files go. What you’ve been doing, submitting them to master.dat/text/russian/dialog/ is correct. There aren’t duplicates for anything, what you updated there is what will be reflected in the game.

Fic_Mon

Novice
"I don't have this file in the zip I sent them
also I checked and I'm not sure my files were used in many instances like, in several files the lines are far stiffer and several choices that diverged a bit from the originals aren't present like the two sun leader's name is hard
instead of khard
so I'm thinking either there were unnecessary changes made or they're ml or something I wrote to them about i" -George (the guy that contributed translation files from discord to radmurav).

Can you confirm this? Would like to know this before I make anymore requests.

Fic_Mon

Novice
I’m merging all your improvements to the main branch, much appreciated :salute:

Nothing is priority in that we’re not actively developing the translation anymore, it only gets updated when someone wants to chime in with their efforts or report a bug, so contribute inso far as you feel comfortable doing so.

I don’t understand what you mean about sonoradlc. There’s master.dat, and dayglow_dlc.dat, which is where all the text files go. What you’ve been doing, submitting them to master.dat/text/russian/dialog/ is correct. There aren’t duplicates for anything, what you updated there is what will be reflected in the game.d
Can you merge all the current pull requests because I learned just now that I can just download the repository, edit and then do 1 pull request instead of a 100.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom