Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Uninstalled this pos, the only positive thing I got from this thing was an urge to replay New Vegas with Sawyer Mod again, as there are modders here, I watched the trailer of Autumn Leaves and indeed, the trailer itself seems well written enough, will try that out. Anyone played a New Vegas Quest mod that isnt prosper material? I mean, I heard about Honest Hearts reborn that is a rewrite of Honest Hearts with a new ending, is that good? The trailer seems so, so, hard to tell there.

Beyond Boulder Dome seems as retarded as The Frontier so I'm not sure about that, there are the bounties mods from Someguy2000, are his other mods any good? I mean, I dont need Shakespeare, just something that wont make me cringe.
Autumn Leaves is good if you enjoy role playing and story. It is really a dialogue heavy mod that thankfully doesn't focus on combat. Honest Hearts Reborn was shit and butchered Grahams character and the setting. Beyond Boulder Dome is bad but not as retarded as The Frontier. If you like Westerns like Blood Meridian or Elmore Leonard and Louis L'Amour you may enjoy Someguy's mods. Though quite a bit of people say that NVB3 gets too edgy and cringey, however, after seeing The Frontier it is Shakespeare compared to it. His King of the Ring mod is fun if you are just looking to BS around and is actually pretty funny with it's humor.

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Though some people say that NVB3 gets a bit edgy
Read some pretty horrifying stuff about NVB3. Stuff like the mod author introducing his hilariously edgy original character that beats everyone and everything constantly and keeps escaping until the finale. At the end you're given a "if you kill him you'll be just as bad he is!" speech and the mod pretty much encourages you to let the antagonist survive and escape. If, however, you decide to kill him, you'll get a perk that acts as a permanent debuff which reduces your movement speed, reload speed and weapon draw speed. Sounds dreadful if you ask me.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Though some people say that NVB3 gets a bit edgy
Read some pretty horrifying stuff about NVB3. Stuff like the mod author introducing his hilariously edgy original character that beats everyone and everything constantly and keeps escaping until the finale. At the end you're given a "if you kill him you'll be just as bad he is!" speech and the mod pretty much encourages you to let the antagonist survive and escape. If, however, you decide to kill him, you'll get a perk that acts as a permanent debuff which reduces your movement speed, reload speed and weapon draw speed. Sounds dreadful if you ask me.
To be fair that mod was inspired by what is considered the most depressing Western ever made, The Great Silence. A movie in which the bad guys basically wins. It may not have been the best source of inspiration and some of the stuff in the mod was questionable. However, unlike The Frontier mod authors, Someguy did own up to his mistakes and even stated to me and others that if he could he would do a lot of the mod over again. I can respect him for at least owning up to his mistakes. To me, that makes him and his mods lightyears better then The Frontier and it's devs. Kind of like how the Star War Prequels aren't so bad now compared to The Sequel Trilogy.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Nevada main plot read like a confusing bad fanfiction, dunno if it was the english translation but I stopped because I had no idea of what was going on, I was truly disappointed after reading people hyping it as fuck, only played the begining though, does it get better? If you sell it good, I might check it out again.
Nevada's main plot is indeed pretty bad. It's not Frontier or New California tier bad, it's just meandering and goes nowhere.
Nevada shines in the side content department. The sidequests are top notch (unless you're Roguey).

ironmask

Arbiter
Sounds like New Vegas has a lot shitty quest mods. My friend tells me that tales of new reno is pretty good buy I haven't played it myself. So there's that.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Real question is: who would copy this gargage?
Eh, there are plenty of "people" out there that upload mods on other sites and try to claim them as their own. Most of them are Chinese by the way. They also don't give a flying fuck about some autistic modders screaming "MUH COPYRIGHTS!" at them.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Real question is: who would copy this gargage?
I can see people probably taking stuff like the armors, guns and other clutter and assets out and using them for their own proposes. Some of the armors and weapons are actually well done. But for the mod itself? Yeah, nobody is going to copy this creatively bankrupt dumpster fire. If I was a writing teacher I would use this mod as an example on not how to write a story.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
I can see people probably taking stuff like the armors, guns and other clutter and assets out and using them for their own proposes. Some of the armors and weapons are actually well done. But for the mod itself? Yeah, nobody is going to copy this creatively bankrupt dumpster fire. If I was a writing teacher I would use this mod as an example on not how to write a story.
Aren't most of the weapons in this mod taken straight from the nexus?

RangerBoo

Arcane
Aren't most of the weapons in this mod taken straight from the nexus?
I think so but a lot of people will probably take the weapons from the mod itself instead of hunting it down. People are lazy that way.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Humm... the first time I saw this guy, I was thinking, yes, this guy is the traitor that will kill Blackthorne, once the Avengers Aircarft carrier flies, he will kill him... mah God, I'm Nostradamus. Who would guess that? Did those guys read the Hollywood tropes site and used that as a guide to write their story?:lol:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Bruhs. If you like Fallout Frontier, that's great, if you dislike Fallout Frontier, that's great. But calling it bad and calling authors on their troubled childhood complexes is honestly DISREPECTFUL. (c)

You decide for yourself to whom, I don't know how to finish this punch.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Bruhs. If you like Fallout Frontier, that's great, if you dislike Fallout Frontier, that's great. But calling it bad and calling authors on their troubled childhood complexes is honestly DISREPECTFUL. (c)

You decide for yourself to whom, I don't know how to finish this punch.
Dude, I wonder if I should show this mod to my cousin. She studied psychology back in college and she would have a field day with the fetish fuel in this mod. Also, according to the devs you can't dislike their Magnum Anus. Doing so makes you transphobic as several of the devs are trans. Yep, we are playing with this song and dance game again. Normally I would say using your minority identity as a shield makes you a very weak human being but since this is current year politics we are suppose to treat people who should be fucking adults as poor victims who should be commended and be seen as stunning and brave for getting up in the morning. To me, this makes this mod even more of a laughing stock.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So it's a good thing I've not reinstalled new vegas
I don't know, I am getting the itch to reinstall, but not for this mod, by Crom.

I reinstalled it and play vanilla now its good game (when you do ignore the Beth abused engine of course).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom