Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favourite quotes from games

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Nothing :obviously: about Dybowski's navel gazing sims, and Pathologic 2 will never be completed.

That's very nice and has nothing to do with my post. All you have to do is read the paragraph of text and appreciate the thought expressed in it.
You're bringing down the prestige quotient, and it is my duty as a forum user to tend to forum ecology. Boy, you don't know what you don't know.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
"Don't open it!"

"Power is life to our kind. Those without power disintegrate into the nights of the past. Hundreds of names I know once instilled fear, now unknown. You see it's not enough to attain power, one must also maintain power. And that sarcophagus is power."

__scribbles__

Educated
"I detest trickery - but if we ourselves are to suffer deception, our hands are no longer tied." - Pathologic

"Occam's razor can leave a scar, but it can remove the cancer so often caused by the poison of liars and imaginers." - Planescape: Torment
"War never changes." - Fallout

"You've made a powerful enemy today, sign!" - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

"Humans rarely live long enough to see the consequences of their mistakes. And, therefore, humans, when confronted with any situation, see it through the veil of their own mortality. Achieve, advance, perform... humans are constantly driven by the shadow of their own death. This fear, unfortunately, clouds their judgement, deadens their sense of right and wrong. Humans act first, think later, and feel last of all." - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

AfterVirtue

Novice
- It's a bad day for dying - Doc McCoy, Desperados

- Once I embraced my powers I realized that Vorador was correct. We are gods - dark gods - and it is our duty to thin the herd - Kain, Blood Omen

No cost too great.
No mind to think.
No will to break.
No voice to cry suffering.
Born of God and Void.
You shall seal the blinding light that plagues their dreams. -
Pale King, Hollow Knight.

- Aahh... i'm sorry... Light... Radiance... I... remember you. - Seer, Hollow Knight

- That is the price for humility. And what else might we interest you in today, sir? Perhaps, some virtues. But what of honor little man? At what price honor? - Clovis, Blade Runner

- Last time i had a "three" was when some hooker vomited Thunderbird on Bryant's desk and yours truly led the cleanup crew. A year and an half on the job it was still the dirtiest work i'd seen. - Ray McCoy, Blade Runner

- You can stop staring at my ass now. Crystal, Blade Runner

- small pains are part of learning. But not every setback imparts wisdom. You must be careful. Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. - Master Lee, Jade Empire

- I don't like anyone. I hate monsters. - The Stranger, Nocturne

The Creatures
of Night

By Hubertus
the Bald
translated from Latin
by his brother in prayer
Fratre Johan Markus.

Of Monstrosity

You who read me, know that
night engenders monsters and that
night creatures exist. The
accursed book of Abdul Al
Azred is clear on this matter:
”That is not dead which can
eternal lie”. Unhappy he who
knows that book.
Unhappy he whose eyes alight
upon that foulest of texts.
Unhappy he who implores the
standing stones. For he will free
the powers of darkness.

Of the Pit

Stagnant waters are like the
memory of men. Beneath the
surface calm, clawed beasts await
and are known to initiates as the
Deep Ones.
Awaiting his prey, the Deep One
seizes him and drags him down to
the abyss where Dagon the cruel
god swims and reveres him whose
name may not be pronounced.

Of Libraries

Unhappy he who frees the
prowler. Unhappy he who meets
the prowler erring among the books.
He generates the vagabond that
comes from other spheres. He
believes the vagabond does not exist.
He will feel the embrace of death
for, in the eyes of the vagabond,
books are no more than dreams,
stone no more than wind. The
vagabond knows how to take the
breath of the reckless.

Of Strife

He who speaks does not know
and believes he is able to kill the
creatures of the night. Folly.
Evil is conjured up by science
and secrecy. He who prowls among
books will perish by the blade. He
who flies in the dark caverns will
scream in fear. He who swims in
the depths will evaporate. But he
who believes he knows, knows
nothing. He who knows, says
nothing.

Of Death

There are domains more
terrible than death. That is not
dead which can eternal lie. Each
creature is conjured up and is not
dead but returns to the origins. A
monster, a science. Steel kills the
vagabond who never dies.

Translator’s note.
+ +Here ends the manuscript ofHubertus, who died in the libraryof the convent of Taroella in the year of Our Lord 1666. Requiescat in pace. + + + - book in Alone in the Dark

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Кончина Бетрезена близка

I absolutely adore the second russian version of this intro.

Come to think of it, the orginal russian dub of Warcraft 3 was also pretty memorable. Heard that Reforged ruined it completely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom