Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by LarkinVB, May 24, 2015.

1. Heinous Hat Scholar

Heinous Hat
    Does Grease even impede movement in the first place though? You make an initial Reflex save to avoid falling and subsequent checks every round you're in the puddle. But movement through the grease is not slowed in ToEE as it is in PnP since there's no Balance check. That is, unless there's some sort of fudged Dex check to simulate it.

Definitely going to take another look, but from memory, characters and critters just plow through the grease pool at regular movement rate. The question in that case would be... should FoM negate the slippage?

^ Top  
  2. rashiakas Augur Patron

rashiakas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well then grease has to be fixed as well, since it is difficult terrain, so no charging and five foot stepping. And since freedom helps on a sheet of ice, I don't see why it shouldn't help with grease.

^ Top  
  3. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    It will make a normal attack, since the AoO is triggered when the character is still prone and thus not a valid trip target. Also I guess it's less ridiculous.

Fixed all that shit now for 1.0.9. So yeah, now you have to make a hard choice between dual wielding glaives or holding just one when enlarged :P

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Dercik Novice

Dercik
    Oww and also Flail and Heavy Flail should have disarm bonus (+2)
    Already done :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
    ^ Top  
  5. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Would be more appropriate to give a penalty for tripping with wrong weapons, say -4 (same as using a weapon that you aren't proficient in).

EDIT: Actually, here's my second thought after reading the 3.5 and ToEE rules more closely.

In 3.5 you can trip as an unarmed attack, which causes an AoO, or with certain weapons, which doesn't cause an AoO. But the key thing to notice is that you can always make an unarmed attack even if your hands hold a weapon (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20070327a), so effectively if you aren't holding the right weapon you can always make a melee touch attack to trip, you simply take the AoO.

ToEE has actually nerfed trip apparently, since in ToEE you always take the AoO regardless of weapon unless you have improved trip.

So the ideal fix would be to make weapons that have tripping capability give immunity to AoOs for tripping.
    Done for 1.0.11 (trip weapons are flails, gnome hooked hammer, spiked chain, guisarme, halberd, kama, scythe, sickle, whip)

Interestingly, I think Improved Unarmed Strike should also remove AoOs from unarmed trip attacks, since the wording of Unarmed Trip (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Trip) says it "provokes an attack of opportunity from your target as normal for unarmed attacks.", so if your normal monk unarmed attacks don't provoke AoOs then neither should Trips. Improved Trip would of course still be a useful monk feat for the bonus on Trip rolls. But this might be too rules-lawyery.

^ Top  
  6. Torrasque01 Augur

Torrasque01
    Sitra could you make a console command to add or remove feats from party members? I see that isn't possible in the vanilla game.

^ Top  
  7. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Already done this a while ago :)

Code:
    game.party[N].feat_add(feat_XXX)
    Where N is the party member's index (starting at 0),
    and feat_XXX is the feat enum, e.g. feat_power_attack (check rules\feat_enum.mes for the full list).

There's no feat remover, but why would you want that anyway?

^ Top  
  8. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    No off-hand penalty unless you've already used your primary hand in the round to attack.

Hard to tell what was intended but it makes some sense. You can trip someone with your feet, or knock them over with your weight (hence the size bonus) with whatever you like in your hands.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Torrasque01 Augur

Torrasque01
    Great! Thanks.

^ Top  
  10. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Alright, got the infrastructure in place now...

upload_2016-4-28_0-35-4.png

For now it's just +4/+5 (edit: and Speed) that are enabled, but I can add more - which of the following list would you like most?
    Code:
    {1007}{Ghost Touch}
    {1010}{Spell Storing}
    {1011}{Throwing}
    {1012}{Bane}
    {1013}{Disruption}
    {1017}{Thundering}
    {1018}{Wounding}
    {1025}{Brilliant Energy}
    {1026}{Dancing}
    {1027}{Distance}
    {1028}{Ki Focus}
    {1029}{Merciful}
    {1030}{Returning}
    {1031}{Seeking}
    {1033}{Vicious}
    {1034}{Vorpal}
    Also, I made it so that adding the +1 effect strips away the "Masterwork" from the item name, the rest of the +X bonuses overwrite the previous one, and the other effects are prepended rather than appended. So e.g. instead of "Masterwork Ranseur +1 +2 Holy" you'll automatically get "Holy Ranseur +2".

Edit: and, added a tooltip for requirements.

BTW, I want to expand the area for applied effects, and also space out the normal Item Creation UI so there's room for longer names with the Priory-12 font:

upload_2016-4-27_11-43-55.png

Any volunteers for some photoshopping?

P.S. also fixed Freedom of Movement vs. Grease.
    P.P.S. added "Speed" weapon enchantment. Also fixed the Haste stacking bug while I was at it - apologies to all the cheaters.

P.P.P.S. this will be the modified UI background unless someone wants to tweak it:
    ITEM_CREATION_WIDENED5.png
    upload_2016-4-29_19-24-28.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Question: Should Flaming Burst applied to a weapon with Flaming *replace* the Flaming bonus, or does it add on top? Both in terms of Total Effective Bonus and effect...

I took the liberty of interpreting Spell Resistance to be upgradeable as such.

upload_2016-4-29_2-51-29.png

Unfortunately, now the CL 15 requirement is actually enforced ;)

Also made the enhancement bonus have its own pair of buttons instead of clogging the list on the left with +1 thru +5.
    Additionally, the Total Effective Bonus cannot exceed 10 now, conforming to RAW.

Also made it display effects that you don't have access to, e.g. when your Priest crafts it with Holy and your Wizard follows up with other things:

upload_2016-4-29_2-58-26.png

Edit: also added Merciful, Seeking, Thundering, Wounding (in addition to the above mentioned Speed and +4/+5 bonuses). Thundering will even play a sound when activated :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    ^ Top  
  12. Dr. Bak Novice

Dr. Bak
    RAW don't give many clues about that. Those are separate enchantments, so is possible to craft a +1/flaming/flaming burst weapon (minimum bonus +4). On a critical it would deal +1d6+1d6+xd10 damage.
    The option to swap a flaming enchantment for a flaming burst effect doesn't sound unreasonable anyway. Would make such improvements cheaper at mid levels.

^ Top  
  13. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Done for v1.0.11, and also extended Wild Shape to include Dire Bear and Elementals for high levels.

WildShape.jpg

WildShape2.jpg

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Dr. Bak Novice

Dr. Bak
    Actually, the manual doesn't say it's a free action, it simply says that you get that attack "as if you hadn’t used your attack for the trip attempt" so it might work as well during an AOO
    Done for 1.0.11

Besides that, what about holding the charge? It would allow casters to use their touch spells as long as they finally hit (or simply decide to cast another spell)
    Done for 1.0.11

^ Top  
  15. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Oh god, this system is a rules lawyer's paradise :lol:

That's a good call.

Got some holidays coming up this week so there should be a nice 1.0.11 this sunday :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Done for 1.0.11, as part of a new House Rules menu in the configurator.

Also added Tripping Bite to wolves, which implements their Trip ability. Finally there's a reason to use a Wolf animal companion over the Jackal! (which otherwise had more HP & higher BAB, and thus was just plain better).

This is also the first usage of a new Temple+ system - Python Modifiers. This allows to define new modifiers/conditions with python callbacks instead of hard coding them. See tpgamefiles.dat scr\tpModifiers for usage example, and I'll write a Wiki about it later.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    *casts summon rules lawyer*

I'm currently recreating the Cast Spell handling, mostly to create new actions that produce spells or spell-like effects (e.g. Prestige Classes).

Along the way I want to make Scroll and Wand usage RAW compliant, so I wanted to make sure I got it straight:
    1. Using a Wand does not provoke an AoO (ref: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wands.htm)
    2. Using a Scroll does provoke an AoO (ref: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#spellCompletion ).
    Is that correct?

Edit: while I'm at it, potions: Should you be able to use them on others during combat?
    Rules say it's possible on an unconscious character as a full round action. There's no specification for conscious characters, but why shouldn't that be possible? I can debit a standard action from the target if that's the issue.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    ^ Top  
  18. Allyx Savant

Allyx
    1. Correct, wands do not provoke AoO's
    2. Scrolls do provoke AoO's
    Casting scrolls defensively do not provoke AoO's, failing to pass the concentration check causes the spell to fail.

Interestingly though, according to the SRD, using potions do not provoke AoO's

^ Top  
  19. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    ^ Top  
  20. Hegel Arcane

Hegel
    Can you recreate the Wish spell?

^ Top  
  21. Allyx Savant

Allyx
    Ah, I guess that is the 'unless otherwise stated' bit. 'Failing the concentration check vs the attack of opportunity prevents the user taking the potion, alternatively the AoO may be dealt to the potion itself...'

^ Top  
  22. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    So you can wish for more features? :P

Anyway I can, but tbh it's quite in the realm of conventional content modding so I'd rather focus on other things (like new class options, with which I'm making some good progress).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Hegel Arcane

Hegel
    Is there any documentation available?

^ Top  
  24. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Documentation of what? How to mod spells or Temple+ stuff?
    If the latter, there's several wikis in the github repository. For the former, you can probably find doc at Co8, though you can usually just mimic existing spells/scripts in a straightforward manner.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Hegel Arcane

Hegel
    I'm not going to mod anything though, was just asking.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.