Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Endemic

Arcane
But nevermind that, Tifa was in a sex dungeon.

Indeed.

0GKnyh6.jpg

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This is more a prostitution ring and while we could argue that there are reasons why this isn't really a "free" choice I would hardly call it rape.
You can rape prostitutes :M

(they go inside expecting to "work" for one client and he gives them out to his men)

Yes, you certainly can i am not suggesting that this is not possible. hrm you are probably right although it depends on what the "normal" girls actually expect to happen there. In the case of the protagonists though it is clear but they are capable of not letting it happen.

IceyD

Scholar
I'm on chapter 17. So far:

+ Landscapes
+ Music
+ Character Models

- Tedious terrain navigation (wall squeezes, ducking, switches, ladders, pace slowing so dialogue can happen)
- Combat is both annoying to micromanage and frustrating to try and play seamlessly.
- Big reliance on elemental hard counters. That and party changeups mean constant materia switching and going back to change your button mappings all the time.
- Sidequest zones look barely finished. Like, really bad.
- Not enough mobs in the main scenario areas to get into a nice groove. It's like a few small packs and then everything else is squeezing in between debris.

If I could start over again I'd kit everyone with all elemental materia and keep it slotted 24/7. It's just too painful to try and design roles for your team, because everything changes too often.

Anyway here I goooo to the finish line:

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Barrett-Rolling.gif

Häyhä

Arbiter
Apparently some Square-Enix insider leaked a teaser for Final Fantasy VII Remake-II:

WARNING: OBVIOUS SPOILERS

I'm not sure about all this rewriting.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Cloud thinks he's emo, but he only adopted the emo... Squall was born in it.
p7ywze3cvecz.jpg
That's not emo. He thinks it's normal behavior for her and she would be fine.

It's similar to when Dragonhalf met that sorcerer who complained she grabbed him before he managed to cast spell of weakness. To his surprisse she released him and said. Show me. C'mon you are wimp anyway.
So he cast it. And main character's strength was decreased by 10x which she didn't notice and she was powerhouse even with 1/10 strength. Second companion was unaffected because mere third level spell rebounded from her armor. Third character, elf, was lying on the floor. Sorcerer said look it worked she's on the floor. Main character said. She's always like that. Then his blabbering pissed her off and beaten him up. Spell worn off and they left all three on theirs own, while sorcerer was left lying on the floor.

IceyD

Scholar
what a fucking meh ending after all the hype online about SE fucking everything over. everything is fucking fine. and i say that after finding FFVIIR completely mediocre overall.

good lord people are absurd. i thought the story was about to go bonkers and all i got was a better tailored end in the context of a 'Part 1' remake.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
what a fucking meh ending after all the hype online about SE fucking everything over. everything is fucking fine. and i say that after finding FFVIIR completely mediocre overall.

good lord people are absurd. i thought the story was about to go bonkers and all i got was a better tailored end in the context of a 'Part 1' remake.

If you would be able to share your opinion in greater detail it would certainly serve to understand your position. I for one do not own a PS4 and i would also not buy into an episodic game that will most likely take a decade to be finished, therefore i do need the impressions of other to have a chance of evaluating what has been changed.

I know it's work on your end but it would be appreciated, at least by me ;)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

If you would be able to share your opinion in greater detail it would certainly serve to understand your position. I for one do not own a PS4 and i would also not buy into an episodic game that will most likely take a decade to be finished, therefore i do need the impressions of other to have a chance of evaluating what has been changed.

I know it's work on your end but it would be appreciated, at least by me ;)
It was cash grab tailored at fans.

mogwaimon

Magister
Cloud thinks he's emo, but he only adopted the emo... Squall was born in it.
p7ywze3cvecz.jpg

Most of that is bad localization. He was a bit more nuanced in Japanese: https://legendsoflocalization.com/squalls-whatever-line-in-japanese-final-fantasy-viii/
damn he was actually insufferable rather than apathetic
it actually does strike what they were going for with angst-filled teenage school days rather than what we got though, which was borderline sociopath Squall. not saying it's great writing, just that the localization lost a lot in translation that it maybe shouldn't have.

Tigranes

Arcane
That's interesting. A lot of those original phrases are basically your stock conflict-avoidance phrases that you'll hear a million times from people. An originally-English Squall would just be that guy who's always saying "yeah, yeah, sorry", "it's fine" because he cannot be arsed. So he is indeed closer to your typical angsty antisocial teenager.

Of course if FF8 was remade FF7 style we would realise that when fully voiced & animated Selphie is the true motherfucking psychopath

IceyD

Scholar
Jessie: You do know how to use it, right?
Cloud: You do know what I was, right?

so good

fAp7p74.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom