Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Find your missing cat in Labyrinth: The Wizard's Cat, a single character dungeon crawler coming June

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Cats are okay, it’s the people with toxoplasmosis that is the problem. Seek help now.
Explain. This might reveal why my rodent loving parents are ushering the new plague.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I'm a solo developer and my goal is just at least one player appreciates my work.. :cool:
Share it here and I'll appreciate it for you. Then you can spend the rest of your life doing more worthwhile things
Like making a blobber about avenging your dog.
Yeah that makes a lot more sense than rescuing a stupid cat that always wanders off anyways. I can relate to being mad and wanting some revenge after a ne'er-do-well invades my happy home and slays some of my property. Zombisoft you should hire this mediocre poet to write your game for you. It has to be R E L A T A B L E.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
People complaining about the cat, when clearly the real problem is that it’s single character.
Real time blobbers are bad enough to begin with, worse when you have to spam on four guys. YMMV. ;)

I'd be down for something like this as a TB blobber though and to rescue a loyal dog or seize the evil vizier's harem or something.
This is my general feeling. I loved Grimrock and some other "modern" blobbers but the combination of real time and trying to control 4 characters quickly degenerates into square dancing, which this video is already demonstrating.

But, I think I will give this one a whirl. I just like blobbers with decent puzzles and I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
I though it looked ok and very reminiscent of Dungeon Master. Will give it a try at some point.
With not even 1/100 of the features that make a Dungeon Master great,and it looks worse than this now 37-year-old game

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I also make games about finding pussy.

Best of luck. :salute:

Want to point out that the trailer begins with a wet fart sound though, which is... something.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'll assume the cat is the wizard's familiar so it is tied to his soul. Or maybe the cat stole something.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Don't see any problem with this. Old school dungeon crawlers just had some drivel about 'go defeat evil wizard/find gem/save world' and I was fine with that anyway, so 'just go find yer cat, mate' is pretty self aware. It's not literature.

As long as the game is good, of course, with good dungeon crawlin'. Joke/meme games can go in the bin.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It blows my mind that in a world where Grimrock 2 exists, these kinds of games still base their combat on dancing, and nowadays don't even try to hide it.

Also, kill all cats.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What direction should a single or party based first-person, real-time, grid-based dungeon romp take? Should it just be turn-based? Should if go into tactical combat like a gold box game? Should it be ultra real time like Day of the Viper? Are there new tricks I'm unaware of?

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
0RvWKBe.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom