Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Games by the Codex?

Gregz

Arcane

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I made my account before I got into game development, but I didn't post much until after I was working on games. Dunno if that counts.

It is fine if you post on forums and you are a developer, as long as you are obvious about it and don't try to shill for your game. I think most people are interested in discussing stuff with developers openly that way. It is the shady shilling stuff that sucks.

Cael

Arcane
I made my account before I got into game development, but I didn't post much until after I was working on games. Dunno if that counts.

It is fine if you post on forums and you are a developer, as long as you are obvious about it and don't try to shill for your game. I think most people are interested in discussing stuff with developers openly that way. It is the shady shilling stuff that sucks.
I don't know, man. Look at my sig. A mod shills for certain developers. What does that make the Codex?

:D

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm making a game, I've not revealed anything about it because I don't want to get people too excited but let's just say if you ever wanted KOTOR 2, Baldur's Gate, Pools of Radiance and Betrayal at Krondor in one, big, disgusting, regurgitated blend then boy do I have the title for you.

It'll have looting, crafting, talent trees, a battle royale mode, an endless survival mode, varying perspectives that alternate between your favourite blobbers and isometric depending on your playstyle, roguelike dungeons, procedurally generated worlds, bigger than Daggerfall, smaller than Darklands, more ambitious than Fable, ladies and gentlemen I present to you...

Developed by Generic Giant Spider Studios...

"Dark Lord Beholder."

Jinn

Arcane
I'm making a game, I've not revealed anything about it because I don't want to get people too excited but let's just say if you ever wanted KOTOR 2, Baldur's Gate, Pools of Radiance and Betrayal at Krondor in one, big, disgusting, regurgitated blend then boy do I have the title for you.

It'll have looting, crafting, talent trees, a battle royale mode, an endless survival mode, varying perspectives that alternate between your favourite blobbers and isometric depending on your playstyle, roguelike dungeons, procedurally generated worlds, bigger than Daggerfall, smaller than Darklands, more ambitious than Fable, ladies and gentlemen I present to you...

Developed by Generic Giant Spider Studios...

"Dark Lord Beholder."

I would probably play any game you made, even if it did have a battle royale mode.

thesoup

Arcane
I forget about his name, but one guy registered here for Grimoire, iirc. Turned out he was a developer from IO working on Hitman. He was / is some sort of senior engine tech or whatever. I think it's PowerTorment

Not sure if he counts because he's not a shitposter turned garage basement developer. He definitely didn't register to shill for his company or games, tho.

hivemind

Should we count our bro, Chris Avellone ?

Seems fair, he's extremely opinionated, posted pages of invective, insulted Infinitron, started/ended flamewars, and shitposts like the rest of us. I don't know how you could not consider him a proper Codexer.

Honestly, he should be the Alpha Codexer.
never heard of this guy

can you give me a quick rundown of his game(s)?

i dont really follow the indie scene

Deleted Member 22431

The thread was poorly phrased. It should be titled: "Games made by regular codexers". Having a codex account doesn't make you a regular poster. Styg, for instance, was never a codexer. Making an account to post about your game doesn't make you a regular. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it should be said.

Viata

Arcane
Great thread!

"Dark Lord Beholder."
:x

The thread was poorly phrased. It should be titled: "Games made by regular codexers". Having a codex account doesn't make you a regular poster. Styg, for instance, was never a codexer. Making an account to post about your game doesn't make you a regular. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it should be said.
Yeah, I agree with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom