Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My understanding is that tweet has it backwards. Digimancy has an ex-Disco Elysium writer (Märten Rattasepp) who assisted with the development of Pentiment. He didn't leave Obsidian to join Digimancy.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Feargus being a bro and helping Ziets get his company back on track.

This is why you don't burn all the bridges when going solo, unlike certain guy who rhymes with Swiss Macarone.

Ryzer

Arcane
This is their latest tweet. So they're not dead. Just their projects get cancelled a lot. Not their fault, I would think.

Holy copium!
Feargus being a bro and helping Ziets get his company back on track.

This is why you don't burn all the bridges when going solo, unlike certain guy who rhymes with Swiss Macarone.
Avowed's not coming out. Full stop.
Soon to be avoided.

Harthwain

Magister
Avowed's not coming out. Full stop.
I think the truth may be worse than that: even if it will come out at some point, what are the chances of it being good after being so long in a development hell?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
An RPG writer named Avellone
Dreamed of a barbarian on a throne,
But when time came to script it
The character was misfit,
Both unpronounceable and monochrome.

126.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Most impressive part of the interview was how she made sure to never refer to Brian directly. :thumbsup:

Jinn

Arcane
Would be cool if they released a game sometime. It's almost been five years. I know they were working on something with a publisher that got dropped, but let's see something - anything please. A screenshot? A concept?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Would be cool if they released a game sometime. It's almost been five years. I know they were working on something with a publisher that got dropped, but let's see something - anything please. A screenshot? A concept?
DarkUnderlord any way to make a "simp" button?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
@DarkUnderlord can way to make a "simp" button?
In what possible way do you derive "simping" from that comment? Makes absolutely zero sense.

EDIT: Please elaborate, jackofshadows. I'm genuinely curious.
You're begging for a glimpse of a theoretical game from a studio that's never released not just a single good game, but a single game at all. That's simping to the highest of levels.

You may even be a fan of one of the older guys at the studio, but recent examples proved that's not helpful in making good games at all, see Autist Worlds.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Paradox pulling the plug on them should've been a death sentence, they're likely shackled to Avowed until it's release.

jackofshadows

Magister
@DarkUnderlord can way to make a "simp" button?
In what possible way do you derive "simping" from that comment? Makes absolutely zero sense.

EDIT: Please elaborate, jackofshadows. I'm genuinely curious.
What's there to elaborate? Like Bester's already answered, there's zero track record. Zero. Ziets is a cool guy I guess but that's not even remotely enouth to be excited about whatever outsource stuff they're working on. Or even their own imaginary game which might never see the light of day ever at this rate. I can try to shlick thinking about it all for the company but that will not change anything reality speaking.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
When Twitter was still available from outside Digimacy had only four tweets. One of them was black square for George Floyd and second was rainbow. And just like Brass Lion (Manveer Heir) they still hiring, and hiring, and hiring...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom