Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Jinn

Arcane
You're begging for a glimpse of a theoretical game from a studio that's never released not just a single good game, but a single game at all. That's simping to the highest of levels.

You may even be a fan of one of the older guys at the studio, but recent examples proved that's not helpful in making good games at all, see Autist Worlds.
What's there to elaborate? Like Bester's already answered, there's zero track record. Zero. Ziets is a cool guy I guess but that's not even remotely enouth to be excited about whatever outsource stuff they're working on. Or even their own imaginary game which might never see the light of day ever at this rate. I can try to shlick thinking about it all for the company but that will not change anything reality speaking.
You guys understand that I was essentially criticizing them for having absolutely nothing to show, right? I would like to see a theoretical RPG from any studio, because I'm a fan of RPGs. Me pointing how there is nothing to show after 5 years from this studio does not equal "simping." That is the simple point.

Jinn

Arcane
A fan of RPGs OR… just a fan of Ziets i.e. a simp.

I really don't give much of a shit about Ziets and the few things he's worked on. He hasn't even made enough for me to be able to consider myself a fan. I've never indicated I'm a fan in any way shape or form.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Good news everybody, Annie's gone.

Narrative Lead
Digimancy Entertainment · Contract
Aug 2022 - Dec 2023 · 1 yr 5 mos

Worked on some very cool stuff with some very amazing co-developers, eager to do so again!

One hopes this was just for Avowed.

On a more gossipy note, I noticed that even though Digimancy is a remote company, Disco Olga actually moved to George's city. Did he pull a Mitsoda? :P If so, I hope that works out a lot better for them.

Viata

Arcane
I can understand the point of helping other devs and there was this one japanese dev I was interested that did the same. But I think some mod should remove the "new rpg studio" there if they are not making any new game of their own.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
These guys haven't even made anything yet have they?
Nah, seems to be a support studio on several games, but nothing original of their own.
A lot of indie studio heads I met ended up doing support as their main activity. After the first game tanks, the studio usually fails to secure funding for a second game and ends up moslty doing support, while working on game 2 between contracts.
However, doing 100% support contract work from the beginning is quite unusual.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Troika had the overhead of a physical location. Running a business is easier when there's no building.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sooo..... Digimancy eh?

Will there be spellcasting Digimon?

Hmmmm?
We don't even know if there is any game.
nothing.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom