Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No big name developer posts on the Codex anymore.
CMB is still posting. :smug:

And you can bet your ass everyone else is lurking.
But that's not the same. Lurkers are just ghosts, you can't see them, you can't communicate with them or discuss games.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Not yet, but MCA has provided more general advice about the studio. He's fast to respond and always helpful - a great mentor.
Ask him to come back to Codex. The Cook-Cook heat has died down
:greatjob:

I missed the drama. I'm clueless about Cook-Cook and his importance in the life of MCA
twitter sjws were accusing Avellone of homophobia, because of FNV sidequest about a lesbian NCR solder being raped by a raider named Cook Cook.
Instead of saying "world of fallout is a harsh place, shit happens and people are getting raped - deal with it" he redirected sjw's hate by throwing Sawyer under the bus.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I missed the drama. I'm clueless about Cook-Cook and his importance in the life of MCA
twitter sjws were accusing Avellone of homophobia, because of FNV sidequest about a lesbian NCR solder being raped by a raider named Cook Cook.
Instead of saying "world of fallout is a harsh place, shit happens and people are getting raped - deal with it" he redirected sjw's hate by throwing Sawyer under the bus.
And he got piled on by the usual Codex edgelords for that (word 'cuck' was thrown around a lot, and the appropriate ratings to MCA posts).
However, that time I was almost inclined to agree with them. Not with their edgy insults, but the principle of standing up to your work and that of your colleagues (he also semi apologized for rapey Myron in F2 and rape letters in Alpha Protocol).
That shit happened late last year, and Avellone hasn't logged in to Codex this year at all.

Last edited:

hexer

That shit happened late last year, and Avellone hasn't logged in to Codex this year at all.

Right... I messaged him here in late October 2018 and he cheerfully replied.
Then I asked him a PST question this summer and he never got back.
He might come back once he forgets about it, who knows?

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I doubt it's about Cook-Cook controversy. More like Avellone realized that RPGCodex is a nest of alt-righters/flat-earthers/holocaust deniers/antivaxxers/homophobes/climate change deniers/baby eaters. He values his reputation.
Yes, but that definitely was the last the last straw. He knew Codex was *bad*, but he was adored here (we even got his own Appreciation Station, ffs).
But when he got actively piled on and repeatedly called a cuck, it got too much for him.

Shadenuat

Arcane
sad, but not unexpected. did you expect MCA do defend raep in some media?
it would quickly escalate into shitstorm of epic proportions, it is something that can ruin one's career.

He values his reputation.

If that's true, the May of Rage thing was a really fucking boneheaded move to pull. That's not somebody who cares about his reputation.
standing up for small guys and going against big bosses? I don't think so; especially as utubers and bloggers rage over poor conditions for telltale guys, and so on so on

it was a safe bet and I think in the end gave him +rep points.

Shadenuat

Arcane
he quickly shut the whole topic down while winning some +rep points by throwing company he doesn't work for anymore under bus. it's a win-win for him
he is, after all, an A class roleplayer.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
G Ziets So you always planned leaving after Wasteland 3 is wrapped up, or did InXile being bought by big publisher played a part?
It's something I'd been considering for years and discussing on and off with colleagues, but the timing was never right. E.g., I'd thought about it in the latter stages of Torment, but WL3 got rolling quickly, Brian offered me the lead role, and it seemed like an interesting project. Apart from a few months on Fallout New Vegas, I'd never worked on a post-apoc game before, so I decided to stick with it. This year, with WL3 design winding down, I was able to give InXile plenty of notice, I was already in Ohio and didn't have to move (plus it's much cheaper to live here than in CA), so the timing seemed good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom