Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Get your Dungeon Siege III Demo

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You must be joking. Is the gaming scene so bad you had to pirate this game?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Why should I buy it if it sounds mediocre and demo didn't even get to menu for me?

Or were you asking why I'm even bothering?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
H'n's where you have to click for each attack? Fuck that.

Controls also suck if you're doing anything else than moving forwards.

Shannow

Waster of Time
So I've just demoed the full version without steam for 5 minutes:
Shit. No remapping in the full version either. But to want to remap the keys one would first have to want to play the piece of shit...
If you want a shitty console slasher play Daggerdale. It has better gameplay, only slightly worse graphics, costs only 15$ and I could stomach it for nearly 3 hours before getting rid of it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shannow said:
Shit.
For 5 minutes? Wow, than your opinion is totally credible. :smug:

made

Arcane
I'm dustin' off my gamepad while the setup is running. Mint tune in the installer - good first impression. :D

Shannow

Waster of Time
J_C said:
Shannow said:
Shit.
Yep. It is "credible". (Whatever that is supposed to mean. Probably have to be a moron to understand it.)

Shannow

Waster of Time
J_C said:
Shannow said:
J_C said:
Shannow said:
Shit.
Yep. It is "credible". (Whatever that is supposed to mean. Probably have to be a moron to understand it.)
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/credible

Shannow can not into english. :M
I know what "credible" means. Do you? If so, why do you use it in a senseless/wrong way?

Radisshu

Prophet

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shannow said:
J_C said:
Shannow said:
J_C said:
Shannow said:
Shit.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/credible

Shannow can not into english. :M
I know what "credible" means. Do you? If so, why do you use it in a senseless/wrong way?
Because I'm not a native english speaker, and I didn't know, but I assumed that people will know what I meant. And it seems you did. So stop bitching about it, like you didn't.

Sad He-Man

Educated
I like it.
The full version flows better - there are less fights in the starting area and the leveling is slower.

Also, almost immediately after the moment when the demo ended you can siege your first dungeon.
And it/s nice. Lots of loot, several boss fights and secret rooms.

There are, however respawning enemies when you backtrack in the dungeon. Nothing serious, but it gets annoying Don't remember, if it was the same in previous DSes.

I'm playing the gun chick.

It is, however, a simple hack and slash with story added to it.

Misterhamper

Scholar
Which character do you guys think is most fun?

I am right now playing with the gun-chick too, she seems pretty tight :M but dunno if the others are better play

Repressed Homosexual
It's basically Dark Alliance 3.

I'm disappointed, it's polished, the production values are allright, the engine decent, the God of War lite combat system is interesting, the character progression is nice, the atmosphere is there (although the environments lack in detail), the music is top-notch, the voice acting fairly good...

And yet I don't know if I ever came across such a bland fantasy game in my life. Everything just screams blandness right out at you. Something just feels wrong about the whole thing. It's too painful to go onward.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hoaxmetal said:
Why should I buy it if it sounds mediocre and demo didn't even get to menu for me?

Or were you asking why I'm even bothering?

The latter, obviously. For its full price you could probably buy 10 GOGs
Which is worth more enjoyment hours....

JrK

Prophet
Humanity has risen! said:
And yet I don't know if I ever came across such a bland fantasy game in my life. Everything just screams blandness right out at you. Something just feels wrong about the whole thing. It's too painful to go onward.

And in that regard it is a true dungeon siege title. :salute:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
First impressions:

I was expecting a nice H&S and Obsidian has surely delivered on that premise. While there is nothing spectacular about any detail (except for the music score), the whole experience is enjoyable.
There are only a handful abilities to use, but it seems you can still build specialized characters through focusing on certain aspects.
The engine seems to be very solid; again nothing outstanding but fast, almost bugfree and good looking too.
Gfx is very pretty, still paying tribute to the recent trend of bloom and colour saturation. The art direction is - again - good, not great. For example: Witches are limping, hunched women uttering backwards speech spells.
It is more or less what some people would expect of a witch.
Voice over is.... good, some dialects seem a bit forced but not overdone.
The best thing about the game is the music score, no doubt about it.
It can get quite difficult if you do not pay attention to developing some crowd control (on normal).

The conclusion is that Obsidian is playing it totally safe with their first selfmade engine. And the product is a thoroughly enjoyable game, even if it is just a H&S.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Darth Roxor said:
The game is p cool :obviously:

:love:

Enjoying the game so far, too. A p. nice atmospheric hack n slash. Too bad the game has been leaked, I'll definitely buy it once it's officially released. The combat could've been more varied, but overall Obsidian have done a decent job. In fact, I've been long waiting for a game like this; whoever said the game gives off an IWD vibe was correct. You could say the game is feeding my nostalgia, and that'd be true. And the camera isn't annoying at all now that I've mastered the controls. Haters gonna hate, etc., but now that this game is out I can finally abandon my forced Witcher2 playthrough.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Crooked Bee said:
And the camera isn't annoying at all now that I've mastered the controls.

Depends on which character you play, I guess. I'm doing the gunslinger chick :)smug:) which means there's much rolling around to be had, mainly backwards, and that does tend to launch you into obstacles often, or the camera suddenly goes berserk and you have to shoop blindly in the direction of your attackers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom