Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If dude likes deus ex:hr would he like deus ex original w/wo gmdx?
Human Revolution is a pretty good game, but the original is vastly superior, with or without GMDX. I would unequivocally recommend it to anyone who's interested in video games in general.

Human Revolution is a pretty good game

Name a single good aspect of DX:HR

Username checks out.

Hmm..I wonder why this site is considered so toxic by so many people...

Also, whoever runs this site should have the balls to let me ignore staff members. If they are going to say dumb shit, I should have the right to not listen to them just like everyone else. For all their talk of "free speech" on this site it's quite hypocritical for them to not let anyone else ignore them.

Last edited:

Beans00

Erudite
Hello, I was contacted by a user of this forum on reddit and told my work was being insulted. I do find it mildly amusing he copy pasted my posts on reddit, however I stand by everything I said previously. I am one of the modders who has worked proudly on the GMDX community mod v10. Found here https://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx-v10-community-update. For starters the teamworking on this fork has faced nothing but pure slander and lies spread about us. The modder responsible for this, who I can assume is Ash. You made several changes which were unpopular among players. Including but not limited to adding a rape scene(Why?) into Paris. As well as weird balance changes that go against the spirit of Deus Ex. Proving you are an FPS fan, and not a true fan of Deus Ex. You were impossible to reason or work with, and condescending, inconsiderate and overall a huge scumbag. The v10 community mod has been a huge success, and we are very proud of how many people have enjoyed it. Your less than amateur status as a coder proved problematic, since GMDX broke Deus Ex's code in several places causing several bugs that we needed to fix. You did not want to listen to this of course, because you are so perfect of course.The truth is your design and vision had no direction. It is simply a collection of changes you cobbled together in your psyche. Unable to discern what is a good idea, and what isa bad idea. Since your fragile ego won't allow you to ever believe you could possibly be wrong about anything. I will add that you, Ash. You are the reason us modders have a bad reputation in various gaming communities. Perhaps you should look inward, and realize you are perfect and not everything you say is gospel.

This is very rich. You stole my website. You stole my mod without my permission. You made up lies about me, and my work. You took to slandering RoSoDude in my absence when I disappeared off the internet for about a year to get away from the severe psychosis of you very sick people. Tons of very mentally ill modders out there, that much is true. Anyways, I look to it as a good thing your low INT fork exists, as it does nothing but keep the name alive and well. I could have had it removed. Maybe I will now that I know for sure that you are the mentally ill thief behind it. As for impossible to work with, lol I just wouldn't allow crap contributions to Deus Ex, be it feature suggestions or other modders wanting to help, and this got certain people very, very butthurt. Dealing with a subsection of fans was like running a mental asylum. And you people wonder why I am one angry motherfucker. Lol.

You unironically made this guy sound like an alpha male. Stole your mod, stole your website, made both of them better and made you look like a bitch and ragequit the internet for a year.

He would have stolen your girl too but he realized she was a body pillow.

Ash

Arcane
Lol OK. As mentioned, the internet allows mentally ill people to just do whatever the fuck they want without consequence. Truth is that guy has been a part of the deus ex modding community for decades, made multiple jank mods nobody ever heard of, so it must have really stung when I came along and made the ultimate mod for one of the all time GOATs so far beyond what anything he had or could ever accomplish, in and out, one and done. The envy and sense of inferiority drove him to the point of underhandedly stealing all my shit, fabricating lies, and all the rest. Believe me, I'd love to wring his little bird neck, and yours for that matter, but there is no justice on the internet. Crowdfund for it to happen and I'm there.

Beans00

Erudite
Lol OK. As mentioned, the internet allows mentally ill people to just do whatever the fuck they want without consequence. Truth is that guy has been a part of the deus ex modding community for decades, made multiple jank mods nobody ever heard of, so it must have really stung when I came along and made the ultimate mod for one of the all time GOATs so far beyond what anything he had or could ever accomplish, in and out, one and done. The envy and sense of inferiority drove him to the point of underhandedly stealing all my shit, fabricating lies, and all the rest. Believe me, I'd love to wring his little bird neck, and yours for that matter, but there is no justice on the internet. Crowdfund for it to happen and I'm there.
unknown.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Believe me, I'd love to wring his little bird neck, and yours for that matter, but there is no justice on the internet. Crowdfund for it to happen and I'm there.

Pretty sure Ash just invoked:

:planetickets:

This always ends well.

Wow CyberP's alts are getting out of hand.

It's probably another of Liberal's alter egos. Or maybe it's Drog for a change.

Also I totally forgot about Ash's original CyberP persona, he was even more batshit insane back then.

Ash

Arcane
An insane person is calling me insane. Anything to rack up that post count and hit the two million mark, right?

You're a creepy dude tac.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Hmm..I wonder why this site is considered so toxic by so many people...
Given how many things people with thin skin think are "toxic" these days, I'm not sure there's much meaning in that word any more. The people running around calling things "toxic" are the same people who had to demand "safe spaces" and "cry closets". Having to listen to or see something you don't like or agree with isn't anything new, nor is name calling. So, you'll have to pardon me if that word doesn't carry as much weight with me as you think it should.
Also, whoever runs this site should have the balls to let me ignore staff members.
I personally don't agree with using the ignore feature at all, hince why my "Ignore List" is empty.
I should have the right to not listen to them just like everyone else.
You have a Mouse Wheel, don't you?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
An insane person is calling me insane. Anything to rack up that post count and hit the two million mark, right?

You're a creepy dude tac.

Yes because there is a bunch of people on this forum who all exactly have around the 1.8m post mark. If me, Roxor and others had actually posted that many times we'd be most of the posts on this forum.

That typical modder IQ at work again.

Protip:
https://rpgcodex.net/stats.php?user=12444
1715080714950.png

YCCCM7

Barely Literate
I wasn't wrong in that interaction either. For the record. All the things I were being asked to do was completely redundant due to a technicality elsewhere. I tried to explain, but they weren't listening, just continued on being condescending...

Thanks for promoting Unreal Evo. Never did get enough love it deserved.
Hello, I was contacted by a user of this forum on reddit and told my work was being insulted. I do find it mildly amusing he copy pasted my posts on reddit, however I stand by everything I said previously. I am one of the modders who has worked proudly on the GMDX community mod v10. Found here https://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx-v10-community-update. For starters the teamworking on this fork has faced nothing but pure slander and lies spread about us. The modder responsible for this, who I can assume is Ash. You made several changes which were unpopular among players. Including but not limited to adding a rape scene(Why?) into Paris. As well as weird balance changes that go against the spirit of Deus Ex. Proving you are an FPS fan, and not a true fan of Deus Ex. You were impossible to reason or work with, and condescending, inconsiderate and overall a huge scumbag. The v10 community mod has been a huge success, and we are very proud of how many people have enjoyed it. Your less than amateur status as a coder proved problematic, since GMDX broke Deus Ex's code in several places causing several bugs that we needed to fix. You did not want to listen to this of course, because you are so perfect of course.The truth is your design and vision had no direction. It is simply a collection of changes you cobbled together in your psyche. Unable to discern what is a good idea, and what isa bad idea. Since your fragile ego won't allow you to ever believe you could possibly be wrong about anything. I will add that you, Ash. You are the reason us modders have a bad reputation in various gaming communities. Perhaps you should look inward, and realize you are perfect and not everything you say is gospel.

This is very rich. You stole my website. You stole my mod without my permission. You made up lies about me, and my work. You took to slandering RoSoDude in my absence when I disappeared off the internet for about a year to get away from the severe psychosis of you very sick people. Tons of very mentally ill modders out there, that much is true. Anyways, I look to it as a good thing your low INT fork exists, as it does nothing but keep the name alive and well. I could have had it removed. Maybe I will now that I know for sure that you are the mentally ill thief behind it. As for impossible to work with, lol I just wouldn't allow crap contributions to Deus Ex, be it feature suggestions or other modders wanting to help, and this got certain people very, very butthurt. Dealing with a subsection of fans was like running a mental asylum. And you people wonder why I am one angry motherfucker. Lol.
Well, For starters the biggest reason we had to make our own fork was you are impossible to work with. As for stealing your website none of that can be proven and I consider it slanderous. As for stealing your mod, we made our own fork. Hence the name v10. With your impossible to work with attitude and bad coding ability(Seriously you created SO many bugs that were not in Deus Ex). What choice did we have? We needed to salvage the mod. Then instead of being thankful we were making improvements you and your handful of fanboys went on an all out smear campaign against us. I am proud of the work we did in GMDX v10. It is true to the spirit of the original game. You are not a Deus Ex fan, you are an FPS fan first. Even worse was when you decided to shoehorn your rape fetish into the mod. Which was of course absent from the original game and completely not necessary.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Greetings. I was contacted on reddit to give my opinion on this mod. First of all I really enjoyed GMDX, version 9 at first. I was convinced to give V10 a chance on reddit, and I'm glad I did. The v10 thankfully removes the rape scene, which I found highly offensive.
Would this be the same reddit where Ghislane Maxwell was a super moderator? I guess you were all out of offense after playing Ash's mod, then?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
With your impossible to work with attitude and bad coding ability(Seriously you created SO many bugs that were not in Deus Ex).

This somehow doesn't surprise me. His reaction to people on the Unreal forums politely telling him he'd packaged his mod incorrectly was exactly as expected.

They tried to give him advice and he reacted with smug superiority.

Insufferable midwit who thinks he's a genius.

Ash

Arcane
Well, For starters the biggest reason we had to make our own fork was you are impossible to work with.

Hmm? There are multiple forks of my mod. I "work with" every other fork creator just fine, even though it doesn't require working with me in the first place, it simply requires asking permission. But you know full well you'd be denied, because you're a sick person. So you stole it.

My "attitude" is what creeps and idiots on the internet made it. I started out fresh-faced and optimistic. By the end I was angry as fuck.

As for stealing your website none of that can be proven and I consider it slanderous.

Nice choice of words there.

As for stealing your mod, we made our own fork. Hence the name v10. With your impossible to work with attitude and bad coding ability(Seriously you created SO many bugs that were not in Deus Ex).

Once again, there is endless player feedback including over one hundred pages in this thread. Where are all the bug reports? Your definition of a bug is not most people's definition of a bug. I was aware it wasn't programmatically-perfect. I did not care, all that matters is the end-user experience was always my mindset and the base game is notorious for "bad code" too. Or so I hear. I enjoyed working with it and wasn't obsessed with such things, only game design and whether or not it works. Too bad the end-user often happens to be...awful people.

What choice did we have? We needed to salvage the mod.

Yeah, I held you at gun point and said I'd rape you if you didn't steal all of my work. You had no choice.

I handed the torch to RoSoDude to continue working on the mod. Not you creeps. So where was the "need"? There wasn't any, as v9 is very functional and NOT buggy. If it were buggy, the player response would reflect that.

Then instead of being thankful we were making improvements you and your handful of fanboys went on an all out smear campaign against us.

Again, I disappeared off the internet to get away from the severe psychosis of you lot, as well as get my life in proper order after all that intense work. I let your theft & slander be, though I shouldn't have.

You are not a Deus Ex fan, you are an FPS fan first. Even worse was when you decided to shoehorn your rape fetish into the mod. Which was of course absent from the original game and completely not necessary.

The design of the mod speaks for itself. Lots of simulated systems & general immersive sim-inspired game design added.

Observe laws regarding slander to this degree. There is no rape in my mod. Also you're essentially saying other developers such as Obsidian are rape fetishists for featuring not-fully clothed corpses on a bed.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
This somehow doesn't surprise me. His reaction to people on the Unreal forums politely telling him he'd packaged his mod incorrectly was exactly as expected.

They tried to give him advice and he reacted with smug superiority.

Insufferable midwit who thinks he's a genius.

You can interpret or reframe the chain of events any which way you like. The guy was condescending from the start and my patience for people on the internet is generally slim after the shit I've had to put up with.

Also, insufferable is better than creepy as fuck.

Beans00

Erudite

You can interpret or reframe the chain of events any which way you like. The guy was condescending from the start and my patience for people on the internet is generally slim after the shit I've had to put up with.

Also, insufferable is better than creepy as fuck.

Tacgnol is a pretty normal guy. You're a schizo freak, you calling anyone creepy is pure projection lol. BTW can you go back to crying to the admins in the private chat you started? It's really funny to see no one cares about you, or your bitching :).

Raskens

Learned
Patron
You are not a Deus Ex fan, you are an FPS fan first.
What are you even basing this on?

If you ask me he changed the design to make the RPG elements stronger such as making it impossible to stack smalll boxes at certain locations which forces you to make use of the multitools.

Is he a FPS fan because he added more guns or something? I play Deus Ex stealthy (attempting to ghost as much as possible) and I think his mod improved the stealth aspects and certainly strengthened the RPG elements. The only thing I did not like was the mantling as it removed the use of the arm augment to stack bgger boxes at certain locations. It also made it possible to bypass certain enemies at certain places that made stealth easier. However, I just turned mantling off and that was it.

Ash

Arcane
There are like 6 branches of GMDX. Take this from the guy that brought it into existence: play ANY version that isn't 'v10'. All the slimy behaviour aside, the guy has poor comprehension of game design. If he stole the mod but actually made it better, I'd respect the hustle.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
So I'm gearing up to play Deus Ex again and I stumbled on this drama but is v10 better or worse than v9? Which one should I play?
I recall a stink being made about v10 having bad performance. I don't know if they've addressed that at this point. v9 is great.

Ash

Arcane
on reddit
Oh boy. A redditor.
I have a few hundred karma on there, it is just useful for getting awareness for our mod.

Reddit is very useful for promoting your jank mod while slandering the mod it is based on largely by making up dumb bullshit or blowing irrelevant details out of proportion.

Tacgnol is a pretty normal guy. You're a schizo freak, you calling anyone creepy is pure projection lol. BTW can you go back to crying to the admins in the private chat you started? It's really funny to see no one cares about you, or your bitching :).

Dude, have you forgotten that for the past two months you have based your life around me, following me around spamming bullshit at me, making up lies, acting like the biggest weasel I've ever met? All because I called you stupid one time. Shut the fuck up you mental case. Go join the v10 team you'll fit right in.

*Well, biggest is debatable actually. As any onlooker can see, there's a lot out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom