Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Lord_Trashcan

Novice
The great something invention has already been made. You're in its thread. Serious business. It was supposed to cure low standards and retardation in the gaming community. It evidently failed. :negative:
GMDX V10 is a big improvement, and I didn't steal your mod or your website(you don't have any proof of this). We just wanted to improve flawed designs.
"You don't have any proof"

Download the mod, decompile and check the code. Proof is there. Also, your design is even more flawed

Ash

Arcane
On other news... it seems the site and forum of the creators of TNM and New Vision have been abandoned...

Have they moved some place else? And if not, is there a good forum to see about Deus ex 1 modding discussions?

They, as more sensible people than I, moved on to legit game dev.

The great something invention has already been made. You're in its thread. Serious business. It was supposed to cure low standards and retardation in the gaming community. It evidently failed. :negative:
GMDX V10 is a big improvement, and I didn't steal your mod or your website(you don't have any proof of this). We just wanted to improve flawed designs.

You couldn't even design an enjoyable kid's playground. Drag my fucking name through the mud, claim I am a racist pedo etc, blow tiny flaws massively out of proportion and steal my shit. I am absolutely sick of the mentally ill and the retarded on the internet. Kick rocks you delusional little creep.

Ash

Arcane
The modification in question requires the game and therefore it doesn't steal anything from it, v10 doesn't require the original GMDX. There's a very clear difference between both scenarios.
The only real difference is that one scenario involves a drama queen with delusions of grandeur while actual game developers for the most part have the good sense to shut up when their feelings are hurt by a mod for their game. There are exceptions of course and I will gladly mock those tho.

You're still being a retard and thinking this is only about mod theft. Technically more than one fork of GMDX have not asked permission, and I don't care. They seem like good dudes and have no ill intent. However, I certainly make an exception for malicious mentally deranged people touching my work and claiming it as their own while slandering both myself and the mod it is based on. I also already stated if he stole the mod but actually made it better I'd at least respect the hustle. This is about far more than that. Just keep your dumb self out of matters that don't concern you if you can't even manage to properly read or comprehend the situation.

Lyre Mors said:
Oh wow, do you know what they're working on?

One or two comprise Logic Artists, which even have their own subforum here. I thought this was pretty widely known?

Last edited:

ds

Cipher
Patron
You're still being a retard and thinking this is only about mod theft. Technically most forks of GMDX have not asked permission, and I don't care. However, I certainly make an exception for malicious mentally deranged people touching my work and claiming it as their own while slandering both myself and the mod it is based on. I also already stated if he stole the mod but actually made it better I'd at least respect the hustle. This is about far more than that. Just keep your dumb self out of matters that don't concern you if you can't even manage to properly read or comprehend the situation.
I can read your butthurt just fine but as I already stated I do not care about the source of it - only about the ridiculous notion that others need to ask you for permission before modding your mod. Glad to see you admit that that's only a ploy to try and get back at those you feel slighted by.

Wesp5

Arcane
If you genuinely think asking permission before using someone elses work is somehow ridiculous, then I don't know what to say, other than you don't live in anything resembling reality.

I completely agree. There should be something like respect and honour between modders liking the same game! Ash, have you ever considered creating a GMDX v10.0 yourself? Because I "won" the Bloodlines "patch wars" by adding the basic patch which gave most purists what they wanted without the need to use another patch...

If you genuinely think asking permission before using someone elses work is somehow ridiculous, then I don't know what to say, other than you don't live in anything resembling reality.

I completely agree. There should be something like respect and honour between modders liking the same game! Ash, have you ever considered creating a GMDX v10.0 yourself? Because I "won" the Bloodlines "patch wars" by adding the basic patch which gave most purists what they wanted without the need to use another patch...

Ash stepped away and so RoSoDude did a proper v10 (and now it's being extended again into a v10 2)

Ash

Arcane

Isn't really necessary. People still gravitate to v9 regardless, as the real GMDX, and the other forks serve as suitable continuations in varying capacity. v10 steals downloads from those more than anything utilizing their slanderous marketing campaign, totally undeserved. As before, I would strongly recommend checking out any fork except """v10""".

ds

Cipher
Patron
If you genuinely think asking permission before using someone elses work is somehow ridiculous
I think expecting others to seek your permission before they build on your work is ridiculous.

then I don't know what to say, other than you don't live in anything resembling reality.
If you think the world isn't built on unauthorized copying and modification then you haven't bothered to reflect on how many of the things you use wouldn't exist without it. That includes most mods btw. More likely you're just yet another hypocrite who things his favorite niche is special and deserves extra protection while you don't extend the same to those on whose work your build yours.

There should be something like respect and honour between modders liking the same game!
Respect is not something you can demand but is earned. It is also never absolute and can be lost. Expecting that everyone interested in modding a game respect each other is ... optimistic. With a big enough community it's pretty much inevitable that there are going to be creative differences that cannot always be reconciled so the question is what should happen then. I don't think there is anything to be gained by trying to prevent people from creating their version of a mod even if it hurts the original modder's ego.

Respecting others is of course laudable but demanding that others respect your vision is something else entirely. And the lack of self reflection from modders of all people demanding that is fascinating to say the least.

It's also a dangerous demand to normalize because it will only result in more actual game developers wanting to do the same and they are much better positioned to enforce such ultimate creative control both legally and technologically. I have no interest in moving even an inch closer to a future where only developer-approved mods are allowed.

Ash, have you ever considered creating a GMDX v10.0 yourself?
Would certainly be more productive than whining about the mod being stolen.

Because I "won" the Bloodlines "patch wars" by adding the basic patch which gave most purists what they wanted without the need to use another patch...
I don't think it's surprising that listening to people's needs and wants is effective at preempting forks but I also don't really agree that such a war needs to be won or that you need to consider it a war at all. Nothing wrong with sticking with your original vision - just don't be surprised if someone forks your mod. But then other versions existing doesn't devalue your mod.

Isn't really necessary. People still gravitate to v9 regardless, as the real GMDX
Sounds like your mod being "stolen" isn't such a big issue after all.

Ash

Arcane

Lol. Again, not the worst ethics slight in the world. It's everything collectively they have done - absolutely deranged, contemptible behavior. How is that hard for you to comprehend?

Stop posting you absolute moron. You're literally defending unhinged psych ward candidates.

YCCCM7

Literate
On other news... it seems the site and forum of the creators of TNM and New Vision have been abandoned...

Have they moved some place else? And if not, is there a good forum to see about Deus ex 1 modding discussions?

They, as more sensible people than I, moved on to legit game dev.

You couldn't even design an enjoyable kid's playground. Drag my fucking name through the mud, claim I am a racist pedo etc, blow tiny flaws massively out of proportion and steal my shit. I am absolutely sick of the mentally ill and the retarded on the internet. Kick rocks you delusional little creep.
You're a liar and you can't prove a thing. Not to mention you simply don't understand game balance.

ds

Cipher
Patron

Lol. Again, not the worst ethics slight in the world. It's everything collectively they have done - absolutely deranged, contemptible behavior. How is that hard for you to comprehend?

Stop posting you absolute moron. You're literally defending unhinged psych ward candidates.
You're the midwit who still thinks my comments on your behavior constitute approval of those you are butthurt about, even after your error was already pointed out to you. But based only of your assessment of your adversaries as well as what I have seen of your own conduct, it does seem that you are in good company.

Arthandas

Prophet
bHardcoreUnlocked unlocks Hardcore, but what bExtraHardcore and bHardcoreFilterOption do?

Also, what's the difference between bHardcoreAI1, bHardcoreAI2 and bHardcoreAI3?

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Extra Hardcore is for Hardcore+ mode, and is a player config.

Hardcore filter is for making things appear or not if hardcore mode, dev only.

Hardcore AI 1-3 are more player configs, for enemies that hear cameras alerting and other AI intelligence options I forget which now.

Looking through the code? Another fork on the way potentially :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom