Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Arthandas

Prophet
Sorry but that guide is pretty popamole. Zero mention of DXT or Confix (and both are pretty essential fixpacks), nothing about disabling mouse acceleration (you need this) or forcing transparency multisampling for proper AA...
Excluding section #9 that guide is exactly what you asked, vanilla ice cream. As for the other stuff you're mentioning, talk with spekkio, maybe there's a reason why he didn't include them.
No, by vanilla I meant no gameplay/visual overhauls like GMDX, New Vision, Biomod etc. Basically the original game + bugfixes and compatibility tweaks.
I already figured it out, all you need is Transcended, Confix, the extension.dll I posted earlier and a renderer, DX11 is objectively the best, just disable HDR, SSR and leave other shit enabled.

Gargaune

Arcane
How do you go about playing vanilla these days? According to a quick google search I need Transcended, Confix and a modern renderer - most people are recommending DX9. Am I missing anything?
The only things you need are Kentie's Unreal Engine D3D10 Renderer and his Deus Exe launcher. Install both, start the game and click the renderer selection in its video options, which will make the game restart and let you select Direct3D 10 (make sure "Show all devices" is enabled).

A couple of observations:
- Don't configure Borderless Full Screen or the FPS Cap in the launcher, you may get the game hanging for a bit while accessing menus. Use native Fullscreen instead and enable V-Sync in the renderer preferences (hit T to bring up the multiplayer chat prompt, backspace over the "say" and enter "preferences" instead, then look through the Direct3D 10 Renderer in the dialogue);
- By default, Kentie's setup uses the "enhanced HDR lighting" which is extreme, to say the least, so also in the renderer preferences, find Classic Lighting and set it to true;
- I'd also make sure that the new Coronas are disabled (same place, the in-game renderer preferences).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Managed to finally beat the game with Biomod (and to extension- Shifter) without game breaking- progress halting crashes, which is something I had to struggle for years.
Still had problem with graphics even with modern renders with effects disabled in the INI files- lightnging shifting from darker to more visible (and vice versa) was weirdly slow or not worked at all keeping pitch black setting.

There was also an issue with game speed - after few hourst of progress it started to run way too fast. Solved with this https://drive.google.com/file/d/17hRkKs9gu-s001SYttDxU6Q98tR9gdnB/view?usp=sharing since I don't know how to deal with hex stuff
- Don't configure Borderless Full Screen or the FPS Cap in the launcher, you may get the game hanging for a bit while accessing menus.
so that's what caused this issue...

Black

Arcane
Don't configure Borderless Full Screen or the FPS Cap in the launcher, you may get the game hanging for a bit while accessing menus.
For me it only happened if I set any fps cap at all, if you set it to 0 the menu lag goes away.

Gargaune

Arcane
There was also an issue with game speed - after few hourst of progress it started to run way too fast.
I only ran Kentie's and did a full playthrough two years ago and didn't encounter any other issues aside from that Borderless lag.

For me it only happened if I set any fps cap at all, if you set it to 0 the menu lag goes away.
Maybe it varies with hardware and drivers? Either way, if you get menu hangs, those are the two settings I'd look at.

ds

Cipher
Patron
You stole my mod without my permission.
Also you're basically admitting to stealing an entire mod without permission which is against moddb's terms of service and is the textbook definition of hypocrisy as you constantly whined about the mod using assets from other games.
Always hilarious when (((modders))) cry about someone modifying their unauthorized modification of someone else's game.

Lord_Trashcan

Novice
Also you're basically admitting to stealing an entire mod without permission which is against moddb's terms of service and is the textbook definition of hypocrisy as you constantly whined about the mod using assets from other games.
Always hilarious when (((modders))) cry about someone modifying their unauthorized modification of someone else's game.
The modification in question requires the game and therefore it doesn't steal anything from it, v10 doesn't require the original GMDX. There's a very clear difference between both scenarios.

Ash

Arcane

Arx Libertatis is free for the taking then, and every version you release I will add +1 while claiming you are a racist rape fetishist. Don't mind if I do.
pipboy_approve.png

Fucking retards on the internet, lord have mercy. Did you even pay attention to what was written at all? The mod theft alone, while wrong, is not a huge deal. It's all the other stuff on top.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight.

"Unauthorised modifications" somehow autimatically justifies plagiarism to you?

So I could, for instance, copy-paste the entirety of Vanilla Madder into my mod completely unchanged, not credit the author, release an identical copy, and essentially leech downloads from the official mod, and you'd be okay with that, because "it's not stealing because it's an unauthorised modification to a videogame"?

I was going to credit revision framework for using some of their code as a base to fix a dialog issue, but maybe I shouldn't bother anymore. Why bother crediting them if their work is an unauthorised modification of Deus Ex anyway?

See how retarded you sound?

Just because mods are in a legal grey area doesn't mean people can go around taking mods without permission willy-nilly, and CERTAINLY not without credit. That's simply human decency, something you obviously lack.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Revision is authorized. Has Square Enix's blessing. Thus, be absolutely sure to credit. GMDX though is open season to do whatever apparently
pipboy_approve.png

How much of a corporate-owned brainlet do you have to be to think that a corporations approval means anything anyway....

People who complain about "unauthorised modifications" or think it means anything in a discussion should get off the internet and go back to their funko pops.

Lets be honest here, ds doesn't actually believe the bullshit they spew. Genuinely believing that plagiarism is okay because of a legal grey area is insanely stupid even for them. They just want a justification for stealing your mod. Because they're an asshole.

Nobody should play GMDX v10. Not because it's a bad mod that completely compromises the vision of GMDX (which it is), but because the creator basically stole it, removed most of it, and then rereleased it as their own, and are now making up bullshit excuses to justify their shitty behaviour.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
The great something invention has already been made. You're in its thread. Serious business. It was supposed to cure low standards and retardation in the gaming community. It evidently failed. :negative:

Some of you are acting like the Deus Ex modding scene is going to end up curing HIV or something down the line. Why so serious?
Make a massive mod, then let someone steal it (and make it worse) and take all the credit, and we'll see how joyful you'll be then.
You literally do this shit for free, though. Who gives a fuck?

The better "product" will win at the end.

Wesp5

Arcane
Nobody should play GMDX v10. Not because it's a bad mod that completely compromises the vision of GMDX (which it is), but because the creator basically stole it, removed most of it, and then rereleased it as their own, and are now making up bullshit excuses to justify their shitty behaviour.

This really reminds me of the Bloodlines "patch wars"...

Arthandas

Prophet
Some of you are acting like the Deus Ex modding scene is going to end up curing HIV or something down the line. Why so serious?
Make a massive mod, then let someone steal it (and make it worse) and take all the credit, and we'll see how joyful you'll be then.
You literally do this shit for free, though.
So according to you things have meaning only when money is involved?
Who gives a fuck?
We? Modders? Players?

Fucking newfags, I swear... We should gatekeep more.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
On other news... it seems the site and forum of the creators of TNM and New Vision have been abandoned...

Have they moved some place else? And if not, is there a good forum to see about Deus ex 1 modding discussions?

ds

Cipher
Patron
The modification in question requires the game and therefore it doesn't steal anything from it, v10 doesn't require the original GMDX. There's a very clear difference between both scenarios.
The only real difference is that one scenario involves a drama queen with delusions of grandeur while actual game developers for the most part have the good sense to shut up when their feelings are hurt by a mod for their game. There are exceptions of course and I will gladly mock those tho.

Arx Libertatis is free for the taking then, and every version you release I will add +1
Go ahead, Arx could always use more attention. AL's license is even quite clear that modified versions are allowed so you even have your precious permission lol.

while claiming you are a racist rape fetishist.
Perhaps I am.

Did you even pay attention to what was written at all? The mod theft alone, while wrong, is not a huge deal. It's all the other stuff on top.
I did read some of them and decided that I don't care about v10, it's authors or the shit flinging contest you are engaged in with them. Which is why I decided not to comment on those parts but instead only laugh at you for being a control freak who is butthurt about someone doing basically the same thing you have done. For all I know v10 is really concentrated diarrhea made by literal satanists who ate live puppies while trampling over your mother's grave and it would still not make the fact that they didn't ask you for permission before building on your mod any less of a non-issue. It would also not make you any less of a hypocrite for trying to stifle other creatives you don't approve of while having benefited greatly from an environment where modders can more or less do what they want with games.

So let me get this straight.

"Unauthorised modifications" somehow autimatically justifies plagiarism to you?

So I could, for instance, copy-paste the entirety of Vanilla Madder into my mod completely unchanged, not credit the author, release an identical copy, and essentially leech downloads from the official mod, and you'd be okay with that, because "it's not stealing because it's an unauthorised modification to a videogame"?

I was going to credit revision framework for using some of their code as a base to fix a dialog issue, but maybe I shouldn't bother anymore. Why bother crediting them if their work is an unauthorised modification of Deus Ex anyway?

See how retarded you sound?
v10 quite clearly states that it is a community update (i.e. an unofficial continuation) of the original GMDX. If that sounds like plagiarism to you then you are even more retarded than I previously thought. But even if they did remove all references to GMDX or claimed to be the original authors it would still not mean that lack of permission for building on the original is an issue here.

Just because mods are in a legal grey area doesn't mean people can go around taking mods without permission willy-nilly, and CERTAINLY not without credit. That's simply human decency, something you obviously lack.
It means you need to take a step back stop applying double standards. Meanwhile literally all of human creation builds upon the work of others and all but an infinitesimal small fraction of all cases no permission was sought. If you want to make stricter rules for yourself then go ahead but that doesn't mean that others have to follow them.

How much of a corporate-owned brainlet do you have to be to think that a corporations approval means anything anyway....

People who complain about "unauthorised modifications" or think it means anything in a discussion should get off the internet and go back to their funko pops.

Lets be honest here, ds doesn't actually believe the bullshit they spew. Genuinely believing that plagiarism is okay because of a legal grey area is insanely stupid even for them.
You're right that I don't actually believe a lot of the things you think I wrote. But the issue here is not with the contents of my posts but with you reading comprehension, or rather the lack thereof. That's the charitable interpretation of your reply anyway.

They just want a justification for stealing your mod.
Wow now I too stole his mod. Yarrrrr! You'll never take back my booty.

Because they're an asshole.
Well you are certainly living up to your chosen username.

Go kill yourself.

it's a bad mod that completely compromises the vision of GMDX (which it is)
and make it worse
"Oh no someone did not like all the changes I made to yet another persons work and reverted them in their copy while making some changes of their own which I disapprove of. Anyway..."

Who gives a fuck?
Players?
Most players do not give one fuck about modder drama. Nor should they.

YCCCM7

Literate
Typical Modder
The great something invention has already been made. You're in its thread. Serious business. It was supposed to cure low standards and retardation in the gaming community. It evidently failed. :negative:
GMDX V10 is a big improvement, and I didn't steal your mod or your website(you don't have any proof of this). We just wanted to improve flawed designs.

Arthandas

Prophet
GMDX V10 is a big improvement, and I didn't steal your mod or your website(you don't have any proof of this). We just wanted to improve flawed designs.
You and ds are flawed designs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom