Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Hey hey, bitches! The check finally cleared so I'm here to shill the best games on sale right now. Fuck knows who can buy them since the EU blew its own brains out with the sanctions and energy policies, and despite the ruble rising to new highs Russkies aren't welcome to shop on GOG. Americans friends! Welcome to the sale of your dreams, before you spend your paycheck on a big booty latina hoe hear me out. These deals are so sweet you can afford both the Mexican no-mess blowjob AND some kickass games for your vacation!

First something for all our manchildren out there, you like overpriced plastic toys but you have the good sense to spend your cash on video games instead since they are more bang for your buck? Of course you do. Get these games before the sale ends, buckaroo.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 75 honking percent off! - Let's get this out of the way, you post about how much you're into Akalabeth and Caves of Mud and other hipster games but at the end of the day you want the awesome connected to the button you press. This is the only other game other than Dawn of War where your toys models really come alive. Ever wondered what it would feel like to actually fire a bolter? This is the game for you. Crush Orc and Chaos skulls the way the emperor intended. Buy this game before the shitty sequel retroactively makes it suck.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos - Gold Edition - Half off! - So you have played Dawn of War to death and you're actually serious about not wanting to play popamole? You're eyeing the Total War trilogy but you're not made out of money and it looks like a janky unbalanced piece of shit anyway? Mark of Chaos is the game for you, you won't be nickel and dimed for things that should have been in the game in the first place. This underrated gem will run on a literal toaster and costs as much as happy meal. Get the craving out of your system before you fall for the vile tricks of Creative Assembly.

Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War - Price slashed in half! - What's that? You haven't showered in months, your beard reaches the floor and you want something to get you by after you sold the last of your miniatures to afford paying rent? Worry not, my grognard friend. GOG is right now offering old school Warhammer goodness that will run on your modern system. All the classics are there but Rites of War is the best of them. No, shut the fuck up, I'm here to sell you games, not debate you stupid nerd. Get all of the classics and play them one after another and then come crawling back to me telling me that I was right and you were wrong, you can afford it.

You over there, the comic book nerd, yes, you! If you haven't played it yet it's time to put on your cape and bat ears because the games of your favorite bat fetishist is on sale! I'm here to tell you which of these games are worth buying.
XhVfaiT.gif

Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - A whopping 75% off! - You've often heard the expression the original and the best, why? Because it's often true. The first Batman game by Rocksteady is everything you could possibly want from your comic book adventure sprung to life in game form. If you're just buying one of these then get this one. All the big bamham villains from Gotam makes an appearance. This is the game that popularized a style of combat and gameplay for generations. If you haven't played it already then what are you waiting for?

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition - 75% off! Can you believe it? - Okay, so the original is the best but sometimes you can't have enough of something and what this game does it giving a whole lot more, an entire city to roam around instead of just the asylum for the criminally insane! This game will keep you glued to your screen until they start blaming global warming for an exceptionally cool winter. You don't just get to play as the big bat boy himself but a catty woman too. Just make sure you stay off it for a bit after the first game or you will be all Batted out before the end of it.

Batman™: Arkham Origins - SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT OFF - This game got a bad rep but it wasn't deserved. If you already played the previous two games then try this out. It's no wonder people got tired of Batman after all the content Arkham City offered but there's nothing wrong with Arkham Origin, it didn't do things wildly differently but sometimes that's a good thing. Rocksteady shat the bed with Arkham Knight, the shit port with a framerate so bad you start wondering if you're not watching a slideshow that wasn't even good if you got around that. Origins though? Class act. It's like one of those sequels or expansions you'd get in the 90's by a third party. Get this hidden gem today!

Okay, so you want to hear about games that don't depend on a nerdy secondary interest but that any red blooded guy can enjoy?

Hedon - Extra Thicc Edition - Twenty, I repeat, twenty percent off! - So you thought only stale ass Tupperware microwaved reheats by troons was all that the Doom modding scene would ever amount to? You thought wrong! Hedon is the best thing to ever have sprung from the loins of Doom since Doom 2. Getting back to old level design and conventions this is the only retro shooter you need besides Ion Maiden and anyone telling you otherwise have a fat dick up their ass. Exploration is back baby. Buy, buy, buy.

Serpent in the Staglands - Half price! - So you have probably heard about the total flop that was Copper Heads after it underwent so many plastic surgeries during development they forgot all about the guts. Having made a shit game nobody in their right mind would play the marriage of the devs is in danger. It's up to you to save their marriage and keep the wife off the street by purchasing Staglands, a game with guts, for half the usual low price! The game itself is pretty good too and a throwback to the Baldur's Gate days. It was so good they and the Codex were convinced they couldn't possibly fuck up their next game. Play the game that put these two indie devs on the map and keep Hannah Williams off onlyfans.

Sacred Gold - Seventy fucking five percent off! - With all the Diablo clones being on sale you might be forgiven for thinking I was going to shill Diablo itself. Who hasn't played that though? If you're a member of this site and haven't yet played the original then you should be booted out and sent to the dungeons of RPG Watch. But after having played that what the fuck do you do? The answer is that you try the bigger and better Sacred. With gorgeous backgrounds and being playable with a friend over the internet you can't go wrong with this. One of the first big open world hack and slash games and it's fun as fuck. There are a shitloads of characters to pick from, an advanced skill combo system, an addictive loot progression.

Populous™: The Beginning - 75% off, there is no excuse - Ever played a god-game? No? What is wrong with you? One of the all-time greats of the genre is this game, the third Populous game and if you like cool games at all you owe yourself to play this. Be the fucking shaman you were meant to be and lead your people to glory. You think it's big dick gameplay to play as a mage in your favorite RPG? Boy, you got things to learn, you haven't experienced magic before you have played this game. This fucking game costs less than an ice cream and it's like sticking your dick into an entire ice cream truck in England right now. If you have just a week to live then buy this and expire happily after finishing it.

Star Trek™: Voyager - Elite Force - A quarter off - Okay, I know what you're thinking? More nerdshit? This isn't your regular slow ass comicon bored Worf signing line. Sure, GOG have the Star Trek Armada games for sale and they're okay. This though? Solid gold. You're going to be happier than a Ferengi in a vault of gold-pressed latinum if you buy this. Some motherfucker looked at Star Trek and though, yeah, that'd make for a great FPS. Satan knows why but somehow it worked. Whatever FPS magic they had going in the 90's was infused into this game. It's not just another shooter either but almost feels like a part of the show. Even if you don't care for the show at all this is still a heavy hitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey hey, bitches! The check finally cleared so I'm here to shill the best games on sale right now. Fuck knows who can buy them since the EU blew its own brains out with the sanctions and energy policies, and despite the ruble rising to new highs Russkies aren't welcome to shop on GOG. Americans friends! Welcome to the sale of your dreams, before you spend your paycheck on a big booty latina hoe hear me out. These deals are so sweet you can afford both the Mexican no-mess blowjob AND some kickass games for your vacation!

First something for all our manchildren out there, you like overpriced plastic toys but you have the good sense to spend your cash on video games instead since they are more bang for your buck? Of course you do. Get these games before the sale ends, buckaroo.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 75 honking percent off! - Let's get this out of the way, you post about how much you're into Akalabeth and Caves of Mud and other hipster games but at the end of the day you want the awesome connected to the button you press. This is the only other game other than Dawn of War where your toys models really come alive. Ever wondered what it would feel like to actually fire a bolter? This is the game for you. Crush Orc and Chaos skulls the way the emperor intended. Buy this game before the shitty sequel retroactively makes it suck.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos - Gold Edition - Half off! - So you have played Dawn of War to death and you're actually serious about not wanting to play popamole? You're eyeing the Total War trilogy but you're not made out of money and it looks like a janky unbalanced piece of shit anyway? Mark of Chaos is the game for you, you won't be nickel and dimed for things that should have been in the game in the first place. This underrated gem will run on a literal toaster and costs as much as happy meal. Get the craving out of your system before you fall for the vile tricks of Creative Assembly.

Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War - Price slashed in half! - What's that? You haven't showered in months, your beard reaches the floor and you want something to get you by after you sold the last of your miniatures to afford paying rent? Worry not, my grognard friend. GOG is right now offering old school Warhammer goodness that will run on your modern system. All the classics are there but Rites of War is the best of them. No, shut the fuck up, I'm here to sell you games, not debate you stupid nerd. Get all of the classics and play them one after another and then come crawling back to me telling me that I was right and you were wrong, you can afford it.

You over there, the comic book nerd, yes, you! If you haven't played it yet it's time to put on your cape and bat ears because the games of your favorite bat fetishist is on sale! I'm here to tell you which of these games are worth buying.
XhVfaiT.gif

Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - A whopping 75% off! - You've often heard the expression the original and the best, why? Because it's often true. The first Batman game by Rocksteady is everything you could possibly want from your comic book adventure sprung to life in game form. If you're just buying one of these then get this one. All the big bamham villains from Gotam makes an appearance. This is the game that popularized a style of combat and gameplay for generations. If you haven't played it already then what are you waiting for?

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition - 75% off! Can you believe it? - Okay, so the original is the best but sometimes you can't have enough of something and what this game does it giving a whole lot more, an entire city to roam around instead of just the asylum for the criminally insane! This game will keep you glued to your screen until they start blaming global warming for an exceptionally cool winter. You don't just get to play as the big bat boy himself but a catty woman too. Just make sure you stay off it for a bit after the first game or you will be all Batted out before the end of it.

Batman™: Arkham Origins - SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT OFF - This game got a bad rep but it wasn't deserved. If you already played the previous two games then try this out. It's no wonder people got tired of Batman after all the content Arkham City offered but there's nothing wrong with Arkham Origin, it didn't do things wildly differently but sometimes that's a good thing. Rocksteady shat the bed with Arkham Knight, the shit port with a framerate so bad you start wondering if you're not watching a slideshow that wasn't even good if you got around that. Origins though? Class act. It's like one of those sequels or expansions you'd get in the 90's by a third party. Get this hidden gem today!

Okay, so you want to hear about games that don't depend on a nerdy secondary interest but that any red blooded guy can enjoy?

Hedon - Extra Thicc Edition - Twenty, I repeat, twenty percent off! - So you thought only stale ass Tupperware microwaved reheats by troons was all that the Doom modding scene would ever amount to? You thought wrong! Hedon is the best thing to ever have sprung from the loins of Doom since Doom 2. Getting back to old level design and conventions this is the only retro shooter you need besides Ion Maiden and anyone telling you otherwise have a fat dick up their ass. Exploration is back baby. Buy, buy, buy.

Serpent in the Staglands - Half price! - So you have probably heard about the total flop that was Copper Heads after it underwent so many plastic surgeries during development they forgot all about the guts. Having made a shit game nobody in their right mind would play the marriage of the devs is in danger. It's up to you to save their marriage and keep the wife off the street by purchasing Staglands, a game with guts, for half the usual low price! The game itself is pretty good too and a throwback to the Baldur's Gate days. It was so good they and the Codex were convinced they couldn't possibly fuck up their next game. Play the game that put these two indie devs on the map and keep Hannah Williams off onlyfans.

Sacred Gold - Seventy fucking five percent off! - With all the Diablo clones being on sale you might be forgiven for thinking I was going to shill Diablo itself. Who hasn't played that though? If you're a member of this site and haven't yet played the original then you should be booted out and sent to the dungeons of RPG Watch. But after having played that what the fuck do you do? The answer is that you try the bigger and better Sacred. With gorgeous backgrounds and being playable with a friend over the internet you can't go wrong with this. One of the first big open world hack and slash games and it's fun as fuck. There are a shitloads of characters to pick from, an advanced skill combo system, an addictive loot progression.

Populous™: The Beginning - 75% off, there is no excuse - Ever played a god-game? No? What is wrong with you? One of the all-time greats of the genre is this game, the third Populous game and if you like cool games at all you owe yourself to play this. Be the fucking shaman you were meant to be and lead your people to glory. You think it's big dick gameplay to play as a mage in your favorite RPG? Boy, you got things to learn, you haven't experienced magic before you have played this game. This fucking game costs less than an ice cream and it's like sticking your dick into an entire ice cream truck in England right now. If you have just a week to live then buy this and expire happily after finishing it.

Star Trek™: Voyager - Elite Force - A quarter off - Okay, I know what you're thinking? More nerdshit? This isn't your regular slow ass comicon bored Worf signing line. Sure, GOG have the Star Trek Armada games for sale and they're okay. This though? Solid gold. You're going to be happier than a Ferengi in a vault of gold-pressed latinum if you buy this. Some motherfucker looked at Star Trek and though, yeah, that'd make for a great FPS. Satan knows why but somehow it worked. Whatever FPS magic they had going in the 90's was infused into this game. It's not just another shooter either but almost feels like a part of the show. Even if you don't care for the show at all this is still a heavy hitter.
this was beautiful man, reminded me of the 90's when the gaming "journalism" was still something to entertain and not just inform

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Tainted Grail: Conquest is 30% off. I recently did a mini-review for it and rated it Highly Recommended.
https://af.gog.com/en/game/tainted_grail?as=1649904300

The game advertises itself as a 'deckbuilder' but I disagree, and so did some other posters in the thread. There's very little deckbuilding going on, being able to remove a card from your deck is a rare occurrence. Much closer to traditional RPG abilities.

Also has an excellent soundtrack, some of the music composed by the Danish folk band "Danheim", the lyrics apparently in old Norse.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
King's Bounty is looking dirt cheap; is that a RED FLAG WARNING about the series? Good?
Bad?
Ugly?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
A few vids made it look kind of like an rpg blobber (overhead isometric way) then hex combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom