Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It might be time for rat diplomacy.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Have you considered getting a few cats to delegate the war effort? They are supposed to possess an evolutionary drive to hunt vermin.
Just don't get both cats and owls; they don't get along and owls are a bitch to train, though close air support would be nice.

If you're more of a dog person, perhaps a rat terrier would be worth looking into.
Per wikipedia :
One source claims that a single terrier killed 2,501 rats in a seven-hour period in a rat-infested barn (an average of one rat every ten seconds)
Man, that doggy is the absolute pest remover!
Probably gained a few levels in the process.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That is how you become a legend among rats. A spooky bed time story passed down from parent rat to child. Watch out for the wicked dog of the seven hour carnage.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Have you considered getting a few cats to delegate the war effort? They are supposed to possess an evolutionary drive to hunt vermin.
Just don't get both cats and owls; they don't get along and owls are a bitch to train, though close air support would be nice.

If you're more of a dog person, perhaps a rat terrier would be worth looking into.
Per wikipedia :
One source claims that a single terrier killed 2,501 rats in a seven-hour period in a rat-infested barn (an average of one rat every ten seconds)
The doom guy of dogs.
The Only Thing they Fear is You was playing in the barn that day.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, terriers are awesome. My ma has two perfectly good white labs that have killed some rats and want more. I guess one pup got one the other day as I found blood all over by the hose. But sadly the pups get yelled at for doing a duty for farm and poultry. I hear ma and pa clap to warn the rats out of the dog run and then they watch the woofs to make sure their rodent overlords come to no harm..

Ugh! Is gog that downhill that we have turned this into a rodent politics?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah has to be. As I watch the pages load I notice it says tracker something or other a few times before the page loads. I'd say GOG is full of trackers.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah has to be. As I watch the pages load I notice it says tracker something or other a few times before the page loads. I'd say GOG is full of trackers.
It's not GOG, it's the 'Dex. It automatically puts its affiliate link whenever a gog site is posted.

Syl

Cipher

Per wikipedia :
Cats are good against mice, rats are usually too big for them.
Dogs all the way, take a look by yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnUiiyiDxsw (512 Rats in ONE Shed!, 1h08mn)

This guy also use minks against rats, mainly to flush them out of their holes for the dogs to kill.
(If you don't know, minks are a type of wild ferrets, tamed in this case)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've seen his vids he has a pretty good team and resources. Without the animals it would take longer. Most sane people would get rid of vermin; people like my parents are obviously not sane. I haven't taken any extended vids/pics of the property lately (couldn't really upload them anyway with my shitty service) but there are so many rodent holes on the little hill the house is on it must be in the hundreds. I don't see how the place hasn't caved in tbh. So much gravel and concrete dug out as well.

Per wikipedia :

This guy also use minks against rats, mainly to flush them out of their holes for the dogs to kill.

That shed has the door to Vault 13

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Per wikipedia :

That shed has the door to Vault 13

Hopefully won't encounter FEV mutated rats...
:shredder:
Syl Can minks even be tamed?
Looks like he managed to do it, which is quite an achievement.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I noticed links to gog here don't work for me lately. Why?
Where?
This link, for example.

Does it work for you?

https://af.gog.com/game/tails_of_iron?source=news&as=1649904300
If you're using uBlock, it's been blocking our GOG links for several years because it's retardedly blocking the affiliate links. Tell it to exempt Codex links to GOG as otherwise the Codex's not getting credited with any affiliate link sales either. There's no other tracking on the GOG links except for them to attribute any affiliate link sales to the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom