Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
IMG_2949.jpeg
IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpeg

BOOTYLICIOUS!!!

Last edited:

Saldrone

Educated
RE1 now on GOG, 2 and 3 coming later (originals, not remakes)

https://af.gog.com/en/game/resident_evil?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/en/game/resident_evil_2?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/en/game/resident_evil_3?as=1649904300
Description

RE1.png

あなたの側まで、悪が迫る​

Your Special Tactics and Rescue Squad has been choppered to a remote mansion to investigate a biotechnical experiment gone hideously wrong. Before you can say "mass murder," you're plunged straight into a deathtrap writhing with man-eating freaks, swarming crows and rabid dogs.

Arm yourself with knives and flame-throwers scavenged from dead teammates. Solve puzzles, disarm traps and unearth mysteries. But beware: every move you make draws you deeper into the deadly embrace of Resident Evil™.

ある生体技術の実験が失敗し、調査のため怪しげな館にヘリで派遣された特殊工作部隊(通称S.T.A.R.S.)。そこで起こったのは単なる「大量殺人」ではなかった。人を喰らう異常者や群れを成す鴉、狂犬がうごめく死の罠から生き延びるサバイバルがはじまる。

命を落とした仲間からナイフや火炎放射器を手に入れろ。仕掛けや罠を解除し、謎を解き明かせ。だが、忘れるな。奥に進めば進むほど、『バイオハザード』の深みに足を踏み入れることになる。

The iconic classic is back, better than ever, and made to last forever. Here's how we ensured it and what you can expect with GOG's version of the game:

• Full compatibility with Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  • All 4 localizations of the game included (English, German, French, Japanese).
  • Improved DirectX game renderer.
  • New rendering options (Windowed Mode, Vertical Synchronization Control, Gamma Correction, Integer Scaling, Anti-Aliasing and more).
  • Improved timing of the cutscenes.
  • Improved game video player.
  • Improved game registry settings.
  • Issue-free game exit and task switching.
  • Full support for modern controllers (Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock4, Microsoft Xbox Series, Microsoft Xbox One, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Logitech F series and many more) with optimal button binding regardless of the hardware and wireless mode.

Our version of the game keeps all the original content intact – 1996's description is no exception. Take a trip down memory lane and see how Resident Evil™ was described to gamers when it launched all those years ago:

FEATURES:
  • Completely uncut, with even more blood, graphic violence and gory scenes than the worldwide monster hit version on PlayStation
  • A swarm of unknown horrors prowl the mansion's hundreds of rooms, including it's underground lairs, the graveyard and some unwelcoming guest houses
  • Unprecedented detail-intense texture maps, shadows and lighting effects, plus ever-changing camera angles, create a frighteningly rich 3-D environment.
  • Choose to play tough guy marksman Chris Redfield or hardcore demolition expert Jill Valentine, both brought to life with realistic polygon character graphics.
  • Ominous digital surround soundtrack features haunting music that intensifies the action.

EDIT: I don't know why the links are borked. I literally copy the URL, after pressing 'save' it changes into something else. It must be a Codex problem.
Isn't $24.99 a bit of a step price for 20+ year old games you could just emulate?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So what's the konsensus on God of War? It's the first game in a long time where the "poster" actually intrigues me.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

God of War​

4.2/5

Offer ends in: 23h 14m 39s
-60% off

Eh. I guess it has ok reviews. I'll wait for 90% off esp since this isn't the first of the series. I find thatvannoying.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's the konsensus on God of War? It's the first game in a long time where the "poster" actually intrigues me.
Play God of War 1-3 on emulator. Forget about God of War (2018).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom