Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
GOG has sale after sale after sale.
Literally every online video game retailer has sale after sale.

I think GOG often has multiple sales often at the same time.

Most stores have some kind of small weekly type sales going on at any time but GOG does seem to have store wide sales that affect thousands of titles more often than Steam or other store

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Most stores have some kind of small weekly type sales going on at any time but GOG does seem to have store wide sales that affect thousands of titles more often than Steam or other store

I think Steam has more games on sale all the time, what GOG seems to do is to make random collections based on the games on sale and some arbitrary theme/tag they have in common and make a sale out of them, but aside from the winter/summer/Christmas sales they are never a big deal on the site - they're just a search result with some optional banner image on top.

KafkaBot

Scholar
Are they even good?
The "karma" system is predictable and juvenile and the games make you way too powerful for what is supposed to be a horror game, but as ERYFKRAD said, they have great atmosphere and the gameplay is enjoyable. Also, Stan Winston worked on the monsters, so they have great designs, which helps compensate for the lack of enemy variety.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Are they even good?
The "karma" system is predictable and juvenile and the games make you way too powerful for what is supposed to be a horror game, but as ERYFKRAD said, they have great atmosphere and the gameplay is enjoyable. Also, Stan Winston worked on the monsters, so they have great designs, which helps compensate for the lack of enemy variety.
The monster you can transform in also changes based on your karma and whether it is good or bad.

MerchantKing

Learned
"I like elephants and G-d likes elephants so here's a realistic depiction of an elephant."

uS1FkQh.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom