Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's the konsensus on God of War? It's the first game in a long time where the "poster" actually intrigues me.
Play God of War 1-3 on emulator. Forget about God of War (2018).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Doesn't his son in 4 have freckles? Sure seems to be a lot of games with protagonists with FRECKLES! Wth is this freckle agenda?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
What about the PSP games?
Not on par with the PS2/PS3 games, but I still enjoyed both of them.

KeighnMcDeath I count God of War Ascension as the fourth (console) game.

In God of War (2018, They completely change the character of Kratos, and you play daddy Kratos. I prefer him as anger issues Kratos. Boss fights are infinitely better in the earlier games, and the same goes for combat. In GoW18, the camera is too close to the main character, and it is more reminiscent to modern day action adventure games. The camera fits more for a third person shooter.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So what's the konsensus on God of War? It's the first game in a long time where the "poster" actually intrigues me.
Play God of War 1-3 on emulator. Forget about God of War (2018).

Just play God of War 1, imo. 2 is ok. 3 is tiresome.
2 is really good, bro. 3 gets a bit tiresome, but still a fun game overall. My least favorite of the first four games.

Yeah, 2 is worth playing. I just started to find Kratos' unending rage to sort of wear on me over time, so in the second game it was getting old and by the third game, between that and how over the top they went, it was pretty cringe. The mythological set pieces and such are cool though.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Doesn't his son in 4 have freckles? Sure seems to be a lot of games with protagonists with FRECKLES! Wth is this freckle agenda?

NPC_wojak_meme.png

Zoo

Educated
What about the PSP games?
They have terrible framerate. And they set higher than normal processor clock, so battery is drained very quickly.
The remasters for PS3 have 60 fps. They are OK games for somebody like the other earlier games, but I think 1-3 are superior.

On the other hand Ascension has really terrible framerate and gamebreaking bugs on PS3. I also hate that some of the important bossfights way too QTE-heavy. And I found it storywise the most unnecessary installment. It's a shame, because it hasn't bad base gameplay, but I can't like it. Certainly it didn't help that I played it as my sixth GoW game.

I have no final opinion of GoW 2018, because I got bored after 2 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom