Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOLDEN BABY RISING - Grimoire Released!

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Congratulations Cleve.

The main screen from the beta was much better, and has a style that fits the title.

l1rJJxf.jpg

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I don't want to get sidetracked with discussing Cleve's opinions so here's a review that is 50% that, 25% actual info about bugs and 25% "I'm bad so the game is bad"

leftards are truly the lowest life form that exists on this planet

The man wanted to be clearly associated, personally, with his work. And thus he is. It's a form of karma retribution.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It appears people are still running into micro issues. Hopefully these are resolved soon.

Wasn't there something you were going to do, boss?

:troll:
While I can't find the actual post where I said it, thanks to our esteemed search function, I do recall that I said something along the lines that should Grimoire actually ever be released, I would dumbfuck myself.

EDIT: Oh thar it is.

Today, as Cleve releases Grimoire, I honour my pledge. Let this badge serve as a reminder to all those who doubted Cleve.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

Blobber sux

Why didn't he make JA2 clone instead of Wiz? He has a cameo in it for gods sake!

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Meanwhile, backers are still waiting for their key. Hhh, Cleve's like Alice's rabbit: crazy, white and always late.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Reviews went up to 'Mostly Positive' and all but two negative reviews are gone from the first page.

If game journalists had any integrity, they'd update their snide news posts which featured the negative reviews.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It appears people are still running into micro issues. Hopefully these are resolved soon.

While I can't find the actual post where I said it, thanks to our esteemed search function, I do recall that I said something along the lines that should Grimoire actually ever be released, I would dumbfuck myself.

Today, as Cleve releases Grimoire, I honour my pledge. Let this badge serve as a reminder to all those who doubted Cleve.
This is Mein Leader, a man of integrity.

You should have bet on Grimoire being a good game, not on it coming out or not.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

This is Mein Leader, a man of integrity.

You should have bet on Grimoire being a good game, not on it coming out or not.

The only who could make the dumbfuck tag a badge of honour

Also, betting on Grimoire being a bad game, would have lost this as well, it's sublime

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
August 4th shall henceforth be an observed holiday.

:brodex:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Played last night non-stop from about 4:30 in the afternoon until 1:30AM. The game didn't crash even once. I run a high-end Windows 10 Creator's Edition system with a 1440p monitor. Just set my Windows resolution temporarily to 1280x768 with Grimoire in non-scaling mode and never looked back.

Glorious.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Codex honor system! IT only works if we all accept the system!

Seriously, you don't have to do that DU.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Played last night non-stop from about 4:30 in the afternoon until 1:30AM. The game didn't crash even once. I run a high-end Windows 10 Creator's Edition system with a 1440p monitor. Just set my Windows resolution temporarily to 1280x768 with Grimoire in non-scaling mode and never looked back.

Glorious.

I think I know what causes the scaling bug. I believe the assembly in Fastgraph is crashing on stretching to some monitor sizes doing fixed point arithmetic with shorts.

I am going to find an alternative to the current scaling in Fastgraph, maybe call the built-in routine in Windows itself in order to make use of optimisations and anti-aliasing for any scale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom