Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Though there were more project like this?
Anyway - how is going with that guy who made roguelike DOOMrl? Still kickin' or hide forever after suing?

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Something similar to that mod was made a while back but I think on a different engine. If memory serves me well this mod is made by the same person who made that 3D Splatterhouse game.

lightbane

Arcane
Perception: You seem to like this WAD a lot. Have they fixed the floaty bike controls with the latest patch? Also, I'm not completely certain, but chances are the 2nd part will come out this December.

Luzur

Good Sir
[slow WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse - BETA public DEMO

by ramon.dexter » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:33 pm

YLV_No1q06JZeUn0v4x8IDSLBWzAnJqaZb9LhgT-oLwcFW98536pGSFyWnxNiIiYTXWssLtePywocNbtm3mwa0ESLjZZM-LcvW9Z67HOE9Q3ByrjLGNuH30AubezsAyU7Kc0kiBi

Shadows of Apocalypse

Post apocalyptic, open world story driven rpg like Strife total conversion.

features:
- hub based world
- strife-like gameplay with strong emphasis on main story and sidequests
- detailed world filled with hand crated voxel models and sprites
- new enemies (mainly from realm667)
- new weapons
- new items (mainly from realm667)
- new HUD - classic doom and new experimental layout
- radiation system (credits to Vostyok&Gez)
- use to pickup by argv&gutawer
- tilt++ by nash
- edge climbing by dodopod
- spriteshadow by nash
- quit messages by AFAdoomer
- spotlight actor flahlight by steve
- duke nukem styled powerups that could be activated and deactivated
- camping system

The story will take place in post-world-war III Bohemia. I would not reveal much of it, since it's still in progress. I have created a rough concept of a story and complete concept of a world.

Rough story sketch:
There was a great war. Noone knows who started it, and it doesn't matter. The atomic war was not so bad as everyone expected. Some places were not so badly destoyed, like the Bohemian lands, People emerged from their shelters and begun a new life, again. And with people returned greed and power struggle. One of the many power groups are the rangers. The so-called guardians of peace. The player will be a ranger, send to inspect why the main base does not respond to radio calls. During his yourney he will encounter many mutated creatures, as well as many friendly npc's and vendors. But this is only rough sketch and could be changed in the future.

Progress:
I'm planning to create total conversion, with many new acs driven mechanis. I'm skilled in drawing sprites and I have lately learned how to create voxel modesl, so I'm making completely new voxel based props. But the work is little bit overwhleming, so if anyone would volunteer, I would be happy.

I have yet created one map as finished, and one maps is in progress. I'm planning to have at least 20 maps, with various size.

I have already created a new weapon set, with weapons downloaded from realm667, and also created two new weapons myself. For the items, I have downloaded and modified some new inventory based items - mainly new healing items and ammo items. The weapons have reaload states.

For immersion, I have implemented USDF based dialogues for conversations and terminal interaction. The USDF is pretty easy to use, so it could be used in many ways.

Download is not yet planned, since it is in very early alpha state. I have the sources stripped in many files, so I have to pack the resources first before the release. So please don't ask, it is very early state. But if anyone wants to try, I can pack it and you can try it in gzdoom builder.

And also because I'm from czech, I developing it in czech language. The release will be translated into english, but only the dialogues. The graphics will be still in czech. The story takes place in czech, so the signs, ets. will be in czech. Sorry, we don't speak english here. The stalker series had sign in cyrillic, so czech in latin script is more easy to read and translate
icon_smile.gif

Some pics: Spoiler:
g6sBEX0yrp6r7NIXjP_nMuAxNgxSSsOwU1gcoXa0yYKZP0TsM-6zy3N7TIfqPf7MXqWW_a7mlgpcDDaXVJbk0OAJ2ZwI9lBPyl90OCgCoweM-LavGWVfhhYPAinak7z93nrEQG39

AKxZh0Kp-pcODCypGahii9fHsD9PTvfYYcyN6qED3q_psUm3htAL_cLDlOAh9xZXKW506fKRNxlSDl7MxRUPcGuRiMKAOzNEGPvHaZ9EuVJLw00zvJdh85362GMjlXx0go6CKgNc

yYQENEXw8mhIJXkmMRG4W5aqtgmrAzSdoa-38-cs08Xk2gN-A3LbqjRuutSsg1OOJ8eQWtgxgkfN2t1ukBv1AK0vzxydV0Hphj77P2ASlwHWTIte4z-cEzNGbdoXNbnclSyU0G8c

Aw97EkxCMSoE_qXYs8Jjv1nowDWYLldpIzEXupZH0K0JxK8hPiI33bcbt3H-hDW618EmKcL3_j2m1g5xhZU1XsQyRkvQFvVzJXqo-AmcEdQ3fEj7W_uRkcNSXZx9SRV60liNxWip

beggar
MKdfZYpafp3TExfBcxNeWS68-6aHyv5qjrdRAiX5WN-6hzJ0cfWAYOihEb3H48CKYyZtCrLAHxuEYcVEyz7MtGU1kR6HTlwsAd5UZ3myNfXXoXYi58Y7JnR93ZfxfaZW7bOlUTYh

pretS_N61CZUaGuP7uasBJzvWD5QPv6KimTeb6P153wo5BJjq9xqYdbleXcNZC0TmZwA0n_3KBwyetX8ssFtADsQLdmPtdJZu5dChGCwWjtmmxMjTpTWAwmJ3sVeBYVTFqXtnpOf

fEVQ6x4_RdJPgFF8Zkr2hMxW-m1HBFFSehEGSIhbx4FEyEa4IkdgsOokDhi5l_YB4D6n3yfhQzkGdFjJxaP6L9hkrtsMD1R4YpzU-dhAaqsLj9xaDBWm5r94ehr9s5ipBO59CgIk

vendor
_YjWVqt7uBfrtRPbbQ37HPVtK8At26Uuhc-y0WbQFw2rS1OCbfACq3VlTCaHFZCX7zfiaNxaFV24rNyDvH7wHWyNos9XSY4m02JIJbdlHYeT03dLjZk8Q_GY3s023Chf03usBXlW

doctor
BnQfM2hXW75jiLLe0Lu_FJvKkJpQUTtK08h-rzggdp6t0ZoQS1drKYMQsufs7WyY-TGU4ito1QMIJuCVL0s90xZE9FdfI8o4GrQ-elFfBfbmUqeQ2-tA76pBS0CJWHpbCjScPZZd

a4mv5TmROAUh8eHjOJadT-QpsceGPX5n3Kgtx50lfoVtTtvvlnF57vaFL2RPfEtblTZVwxiz9ll27htjITIaqSrsGOvNdZXQJAl3sg_GH_uKp828tQxt3sLqQYg7ysqWCqkDRGAN

kc6q0ctbqDxYEPy8PNNPF2KhdI1WG9eYB7cHf6HRnTMBHu5zPQs6NdqnM5sGyy7oVkj5G1O89EQv_pr6wCuR7m8VMSEIJAEyPv_3Pq62h3WbL_LXbiRE0KWREcV5Bi-XZTUU2mdU

gun runners
OgRRlmn_9ok-KMYmZataQK8EVkeusMYFoHSsa-Iudpjl6GSxtjcwtlXC_fISSVgmKHNRc89idHaXI3gWTwmZKpi54ySRnr8Gv1o3W5Nm_XPkb-CobteCP0Cvuj85TZHF8xiecssW

QMIhu9rln_aBFpUSPyzDhDv6MiGyH8ytYfdOyim1y9Wh8RDMjKxZfZRrIi8RoLjZH6XenLORRJ3yKuauQm_XCedfigVg9IEnEmxJ86wfTcDum5zzzbsEHRqTBMkSwykaYNNzIRY4

yUS3xfY-Sc3znLu9REVVLAyQw23zYbKkPeOD4ceaNcWZ0007sdEV6vaQyZl6qvRTpEmULmgVqqb2ffNJZwW3HMXD1EcWW4-sL8guRTLDaXpE9kVJfZRCubu0LsYwowN-lM5bzwzM

5oZv2L1DjlXyvhdRJXLqCUzD481FMCWNjyZpYOmVnWmJktR_FUWjqEtKN5tPa2ReVk8TOpki6m02Js7HMWDaLR0dChZ0z2tnerOECDmjiv8gkEzUNkqEs_vMHMz-D0raTMFCTRAK

JTIzOBep3VRJNesgfq5QzBDF67B-8C7fgUQZmaWUwBfU1OmEc-L_sfhfC25ldv7WjB9d8DJlfOY-np-_tDcdqJ12FtKOGkpCsxTwIXcYc9QDQ9d52p7-TsMyxVaOnglu14WqEC8N

3yeFkEogr7m9iWwJRFrdueTIGPcqlx1XLiUH_JiQI2wb12P1s_qdKoZK2FNytjTcqbc8_8sO4KKtJe_qi1ibmcoyRxvte6ecqpxXhztP-5G0zn1KCpMbV3klx2MJRgXOhJLDMwfP

0t7OqwmQwlB4_BPKhK1nAFHCCuNsfiFYSZnVDsSKLGdAXFylquitd7Xj6AksOihT80dGU6j2QM6cfm-ME3gYn0EmjI33LXy-KZebLekErHDbUYhz8m7Px_Axprby2apx5kihMSpT

Y_nUOtJpHXjiaO_YROgEjqlM7MnN4Vbci9EgFXBfggUcFCDXZmBNsIIrk3voOAdcHMDLdAqgfdSAPwFg8_clnMFqn-0TSmxDXIjxDfiNMtb3QxbEPeazq5TjAISmS79Y7IIBs62q

oMQzbwQ-tu1yUrHl8m-pL2Bs3S8_Pk_lk13QkOaTbS5iZxBF2CN5abYLbqwjB7fFGgJEqBlIRbIGKKyG07UH5PQljwFR8G3M862Q0t0j9OvT5mtUyu65l2OcYeZkvOCUZJ_fpst4

ZwItknBtw-90pqf66yPYdiGUpv2OpwSK2xI7p4aUNbXF7aaVfxaCN-j8xdNQXn0Y2ghoFWPzImKh0FqjTyhbvCYBXdBFBTyEIY06gH684wWveFys8UxIzO1VL4UcjZK09lo_f0f9

c83hJNBGDhZfSaSUZp3z2XPg_QUm6QkiS9SGg4lQWmUIDzl72uAA8y4sOAmTPcU3WTKom16UTtkCY_we9JzRp9qfQeCuIHndsKV7JOb7e-8d6f9Z5zElWAuPy1CSMvU-lZYdgtbY

xc2zioJOhGV9sIuvNyXXnjQ11aQo_dnXhsUbiY6rWGO2D1oP67Q2k5L-YsgVuH9uyP0xtKHY8HcCI0SDgQzPlPYsmpkl1Mwz4d2X_QHl3DfIPFgjO9TsTd_falxPxWVkc2gK3JtX

CREDITS:
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINK:
BETA PUBLIC DEMO
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hiAYFkFKXszdEv_Fdt3eRDR0LrQuW5K9

CAMPING GEAR:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y4Wzr3eHeWp1yKta5sdEnkcOg6swpvGv

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50205

Luzur

Good Sir
WIP Might and Magic DOOM

by AlpacaNox » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm

OVERVIEW

Might & Magic games (VI-VII-VIII) got a lot of resources that are pretty compatible with DOOM in general, it just takes a little bit of work to make them usable. I always loved both DOOM and M&M series and that is my attempt to give another breath to the art that is otherwise collecting dust. The idea of this project is to make an easy to use pack with the resources from the original games, not just a simple dump but a complete package with everything scripted and working to resemble the original as much as possible.

As for now I only worked with the resources from M&M VII for the most part, it is definitely possible to merge everything from VI to VIII into one package, however there are around 1000 textures already and adding more would make it unnecessary cluttered and will bring up issues regarding aesthetics since the games are a bit different design-wise.

The state of the project is "proof of concept", with the intent to evolve it into something bigger in future.

The archive contains:
  • 18 Monsters scripted with DECORATE in attempt to resemble the vanilla Doom monsters in behavior
  • A set of high resolution (128x256) wall textures (around 1k in total). All of them are scaled down using TEXTURES lump
  • Terrain tiles (Dirt (+Road), Grass, Snow, Desert, Badlands, Shore, Swamp)
  • A lot of misc actors such as trees, flowers, bushes, rocks, torches and etc with the entries in GLDEFS and DECORATE
  • Ambient sounds

preview of wall textures included in the archive (zoomable)
mini version here

Spoiler: General Information
Spoiler: Screenshots
uDbZTQB.png

6shieFg.png

iZfgrJA.png

DpiKKEB.png

xKMsqTX.png

OY803tc.png

AuVAXo9.png

jQSC1ho.png

1ZclCqN.png

aA2JWUg.png

m4YFN3R.png

Spoiler: Video

Requires GZDoom and is completely based on it.
Everything Doom related including the test map was made using solely SLADE.

SpriteShadow by Nash is included in the archive and works more or less as intended.

Monsters have "replaces" flag so the original Doom 2 maps should be playable.

GOALS
  • Alter behavior of the monsters to make it resemble the original patterns (from MM7)
  • Add resources from the other 2 games (MMVI/MMVIII)
  • Finish my map
  • Add more ambient sounds
  • Alter UI
  • Finish the documentation
LINKS

Download the latest version MM7_49_1.PK3 [70MB]

Google Drive link with the latest backups (PK3 archive is the actual resource pack and MAP01 is my experimental map (not yet finished))
Screenshot gallery with images from the original title

YouTube There are some small videos regarding the project.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=61221

Luzur

Good Sir
star.gif
Hocusdoom BETA (new version 09-23-18)

by ravage » Tue May 06, 2014 12:53 pm

R9i8Eb5.png

Does anybody remember the classic game Hocus Pocus? It was an old sidescrolling platform game made by Apogee in 1994.

What would happen if Hocus Pocus was a fps like Doom, rather than a sidescroller? Inquiring minds wanted to know! Hocusdoom is a Total Conversion for Doom 2 that attempts to bring Hocus into the third dimension in a dazzling new adventure!

Link to Doomworld Forums page

[===== Download: =====]
Requires the latest stable version of GzDoom and Doom 2.
Be careful using unstable devbuilds, as obviously they may not always work.

Current playable version for 9-23-18
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eot6fpp1bffp6 ... 8.pk3?dl=1
Ogg versions of music (updated)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4wlfocvkewtm ... g.pk3?dl=1

[===== Changelog: =====]

Spoiler:

[===== Screenshots: =====]

Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/SolQd

[===== Features: =====]

Hocusdoom will have relatively the same features as the original Hocus Pocus. You complete maps by collecting all available crystals. However, you can also find red crystals that let you warp to secret maps at the end of the level. You are awarded points for finding treasure, killing enemies, and completing each map within a time limit. At the end of every episode your highest score will be recorded.

Powerups:

Rapid Fire - Fire a long continuous stream of shots lightning-fast. Lasts for 30 seconds and doesn't use extra shot ammo.

Flamethrower - Fire a short-range stream of fire that leaves smoldering ground. Incredibly powerful and rare! Lasts for 30 seconds and doesn't use extra shot ammo.

Extra Lightning Bolt - Lets you fire lightning bolts faster. Your shots slowly recharge, but charge faster if you hit enemies.

Twin Shot - Shoot two bolts at one time. Gives 40 shots per bottle.

Splitter Shot - Shoot three bolts in a spread pattern. Gives 30 shots per bottle.

Laser Shot - Shoots a beam of lightning that pierces through enemies. Gives 20 shots per bottle.

Power Shot - Shoots a single large ball of energy that splits into smaller shots. Devestating against single enemies and tight groups. Gives 20 shots per bottle.

Fireball - Gives 3 shots that will obliterate and pass through any baddie. Bosses are a bit tougher but will still go through them!

Power Wand - Special secondary weapon that is incredibly powerful, but ammo is limited! Make short work of those monsters! This weapon destroys itself when you run out of ammo.

Jump Potion - Lets you jump super high. Only useable once.

Teleport Bottle - Warps you to another area of the map. Only useable once.

Treasure:

Along the way to find those crystals you'll grab treasure to get the top score!

Ruby - 100 points
Diamond - 250 points
Goblet - 500 points
Opal - 750 points
Emerald - 750 points
Crown - 1000 points
Ankh - 1500 points

Other types of secret treasure await, worth much more. Happy hunting!

[===== Help Needed: =====]

While I don't mind doing most everything by myself, there is one thing I could use help with--enemy sprites. I can use the original sprites for side views, but I need front and back views for them. If anyone would like to help, I'll provide a spritesheet that you can use as a base, to keep everything consistent.
Edit: As of 2017 I have 3/5 of the sprites done, however many still remain. If you still wish to help, please let me know!

[===== Credits =====]

Credits:
Apogee Software/Moonlight Software - Hocus Pocus
iD Software - Doom
Raven Software - Shadowcaster
Osjclatchford - sprites
Captain Q - sprites
Kate Stone - scripting
Gez - scripting
Hisymak - GENMIDI, hocus pocus editor

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know so I can add you to this list!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luzur

Good Sir
Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.3 OUT!]

by Batandy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 am

4wZ8SoQ.png

o2odP8j.png

Castlevania : Simon's Destiny is a standalone non-profit GZDOOM based fan game born as a love letter to this legendary franchise.
This mod aims to reinvent the very first NES title of the franchise with a nostalgic yet brand new first person gameplay.
All the levels from the classic NES era game have been reimagined like never before, experience the tale of Simon's fight against Dracula and his army of the night!
V1.3 Trailer

Launch Trailer

Teaser Trailer

Gameplay Video (Early version)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

vWcoLVy.png

Download V1.3
https://www.moddb.com/mods/castlevania- ... estiny-v13

http://www.moddb.com/mods/castlevania-simons-destiny

--------HOW TO INSTALL--------

* Download Gzdoom (Version 3.4.1 or newer) at https://zdoom.org/downloads
* Put Castlevania.ipk3 in the same folder of Gzdoom
* Open Gzdoom and select "Castlevania: Simon's Destiny" in the game window (Make sure video settings below the selection box are set on "Hardware (OpenGL)")
* Play!

adUMLFW.png

oG9qG4n.png

-Nestalgic Music Pack-
Classic tunes from the original game!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3ycs46bq ... talgic.pk3
EV7YvdS.png

-Super Castlevania IV Music Pack-
Music from SCIV! Quite tense and atmospheric!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3p3wycs41 ... V_SCIV.pk3
YtddZJ3.png

-Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth Music Pack-
Made By KenjiKusanagi
Music from this WiiWare exclusive!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bho8yclmgnc5m ... c.zip?dl=0
7514gSa.png

-SOTN Dracula Sound Pack-
Made By YukesVonFaust
Your favorite Dracula voice is back in this sound pack!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uslx5qsms2z2 ... k.pk3?dl=0

Send me your own addons and i'll add them here!

pINHBUv.png

Spoiler:
zN0y4Al.png

Spoiler:
op9yHEG.png

Spoiler:
9Juy8QQ.png

Build your own Simon's Destiny retro box!

* Download the template here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y50lmq53 ... Boxart.zip
* Print the two files on A4 paper
* Cut, glue and assemble!

Luzur

Good Sir
radioactive.gif
Deep Rising - Doom II story-driven TC

by WojtTheDoomer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 am

Msdp57x.png

Yes, I am making a new mod, my second to be honest. First there was LC which I cancelled, then Tyskie Islands which you can see and download here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57243

And thus I thought it's time to make a new one! Introducing Deep Rising, a TC based on such classic games as BioShock, Far Cry 1 and Half-Life 1, this mod will put you in the shoes of an agent sent to investigate an underwater base which does research on mysterious ruins of what seems to be Atlantis.

The problem appears when a terrorist group known only as the N.W.S appears and kills all the staff , searching for the ruins. You and the only survivor - a security guard contacting you through a walkie talkie - are the only ones that can stop them from reaching the ancient mystery.

But the ruins might not be that abandoned after all...

jYtVpOZ.png

oubopAF.png

gaRlAhj.png

What this mod will be:
I plan on making the mod medium-to-long in terms of playtime, with multiple puzzles, various enemies including humans, robots, and even supernatural creatures such as zombies. I want this mod to be a good experience for both novice and expert Doom players.

The mod's atmosphere will be a mixture of Half-Life, first Far Cry, and of course old underwater horror/action flicks.

I plan on including various particles and ambient noises, reloading, power-ups and lots of other stuff. Music will mostly be composed of ambience.

I8NcOFT.png

aRiaSC7.png

i9pfEUI.png

Date of release:
Not quite sure yet. This mod is in works since september of last year, and it's still in works. I am putting all the effort I can into it, and any help is welcome.

So overall tell me what you think, and is it overall good-looking as of now? Would anyone want to see a beta version once I'll finish two first levels to play?

Astral Rag

Arcane

Madness has arrived...
Total Chaos is a total conversion mod for Doom 2 that runs on the GZDoom source port. The mod is a survival horror set on a remote island known as Fort Oasis. The island was once run by a community of coal miners which one day suddenly disappeared, leaving behind the abandoned concrete jungle to waste away.

Something, clearly, has gone very wrong with this place. Upon your arrival at Fort Oasis, you receive a strange radio transmission. Someone wants to he found. Survive in 6 chapters, against over 8 horrifying fiends with a large assortment of weapons. The mod with the assistance of the source ports introduces many new graphical features, including 3D models and high resolution textures. You will need Doom 2 to be able to play the mod, along with the latest version of GZDoom.

Total Chaos is a total conversion mod for Doom 2 that runs on the GZDoom source port.

The mod is a survival horror set on a remote island known as Fort Oasis. The island was once run by a community of coal miners which one day suddenly disappeared, leaving behind the abandoned concrete jungle to waste away.

Something, clearly, has gone very wrong with this place. Upon your arrival at Fort Oasis, you receive a strange radio transmission. Someone wants to he found. The further you travel into the concrete jungle, the more the situation ends up unraveling, and where you were heading is no longer clear. Find letters scattered around the world and uncover the mystery of what happened.

Survive in 6 chapters
Explore the island of Fort Oasis in 6 chapters. In these chapters you will fight through apartments, utility tunnels, shopping centers, before reaching the city center and the mines that await you.

Fight against horrifying fiends
In every chapter, you will encounter new and even more horrifying creations. Each one processing their own unique attack patterns. Learning these is vital to surviving the oncoming onslaught.

Dispatch of them with a large assortment of weapons
Use anything you can find on the island to fight against the forces of evil. There are guns, but ammo for them is incredibly hard to come by. You will mostly be relying on tireirons, pickaxes, shivs and garden tools. Most of these can be crafted and some can be upgraded to wield more powerful blows.

The mod with the assistance of the source ports introduces many new graphical features, including 3D models and high resolution textures.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Very recently got into Doom wads and man are there some great ones out there! So far I've only played Ashes 2063, Interstellar Enforcer and Blades of Agony. Ashes 2063 was absolutely fantastic.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I have been playing this mod on and off and it honestly kind of creeps me out from time to time, even when I have the lights on.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've finished recently mega-wad Epic 2 made by Eternal.

The egyptian theme mixed with alien installations scattered around gave it a really distinctive and good look. Everything fits together and doesn't look like it was just randomly merged. The careful eye can see some old decorations taken from Exhumed, Hexen, Blood, and more but like I said, it's done really well.

But the design of the level, wow! It's just simply amazing, with nicely placed traps and secrets all around. It isn't as easy as early campaigns that were made by others. But it isn't as tough as some other works. In fact good old Alien Vendetta is still more chalenging. What is important, is that pacing and key hunting have been tested for a long time. You just can feel it, how intuitive everything is. Even though there is a new puzzle element, where we need to shoot a button or find it, like Indiana Doom Jones. There are some maps more infested, when we are progressing further but they are scattered to not kill our enjoyment. The only thing that pissed me, was the kill room near one of the last levels, where Revenants and Arch Viles were spawning like crazy. Doctor Destroyer recommends a high dosage of BFG9000 to cure this sickness. If anyone would make a Top 10 mega-wads list, and didn't include Epic 2, than you know he doesn't know what he is talking about.

dosbox2018-10-2319-155defk.jpg

dosbox2018-10-2319-225jebr.jpg

dosbox2018-10-2319-48zzi3m.jpg

dosbox2018-10-2320-05u4e5s.jpg

dosbox2018-10-2618-21zfcx8.jpg

dosbox2018-10-3111-204fc53.jpg

dosbox2018-10-3111-374bc8g.jpg

dosbox2018-11-0317-571efag.jpg

dosbox2018-11-0318-00r9ca3.jpg

dosbox2018-11-0318-1325id0.jpg

dosbox2018-11-0617-360dcs1.jpg

dosbox2018-11-0617-45nwckr.jpg

dosbox2018-11-0618-54koihn.jpg

Lagi

Savant
Doom logo is epic, with this amount of handcrafted details. Create this disturbing feeling of "abyss".
1-314926-6229995a7a4bf625c88f285.jpg

8.jpg

nm-1970-11-27-tanky_01.jpg

or maybe I should do something instead of staring at youtube static screen

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Where's the third picture from? It looks bleak as hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom