Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

OctavianRomulus

Learned
The thing is, at the end of the day, you just never approach the community and just use any content you like. That's the only sane attitude.

I got banned too but that's exactly the approach I take as well. I'm from Eastern Europe and this stuff is just baffling to me. It's gonna reach us too in a few years but for now things are pretty normal.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
alternative sexuality people tend to be more creative than the average person, whether you like it or not.
Yeah, out of hundreds of people making stuff for Doom there are couple of people with mutilated genitals. Surely this says that "alternative sexuality people tend to be more creative than the average person"!

Is there any proof of that? Just point them to Tolkien. I'm sure they would hate his guts if he was around these days.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
alternative sexuality people tend to be more creative than the average person, whether you like it or not.
Yeah, out of hundreds of people making stuff for Doom there are couple of people with mutilated genitals. Surely this says that "alternative sexuality people tend to be more creative than the average person"!

Is there any proof of that? Just point them to Tolkien. I'm sure they would hate his guts if he was around these days.

that's nothing new https://theconversation.com/was-tolkien-really-racist-108227

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was waiting for more chapters for Hedon (because there's cliffhanger in the free version) when this happened.

Last edited:

OctavianRomulus

Learned

that's nothing new https://theconversation.com/was-tolkien-really-racist-108227

The good thing is that we don't have to care.

What I DO care about is that these ideas are spreading to the things I cherish most, such as Doom.

Curratum

There are hundreds of people making really shitty Doom maps and only a couple dozen making really good Doom maps.

Also, I don't care what your stance on Freddie Mercury, Elton John, Rob Halford, George Michael, etc etc is, but they are incredible songwriters and performers, whether you like it or not.

OctavianRomulus

Learned

There are hundreds of people making really shitty Doom maps and only a couple dozen making really good Doom maps.

Also, I don't care what your stance on Freddie Mercury, Elton John, Rob Halford, George Michael, etc etc is, but they are incredible songwriters and performers, whether you like it or not.

I like them too. They made their artistic output before all this madness.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
And even among those few trannies are in minority

These guys are good but once again: they constitute the absolute minority among the talented musicians. Using them to substitute the claim that "homosexuals are all extraordinarily talented" is an obvious logical fallacy.

Also very cute of you to throw fags and trannies into one pile

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I just realized that the version of BoA I downloaded about 5 days ago and was going to play just happened to be the already infamous v3.0. It has been catalogued into my LaunchBox in its place of honor to be preserved for all eternity and posterity.

hqgj091.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
What is it about Doom that gives people gender dysphoria? If tomorrow I read that skillsaw or Ribbiks was now transitioning, I wouldn't even be surprised.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
What is it about Doom that gives people gender dysphoria? If tomorrow I read that skillsaw or Ribbiks was now transitioning, I wouldn't even be surprised.

There was a huge members' pics thread over on Doomworld where many users uploaded their personal pics and one of the comments said it all: "Am I being a dick here by saying that I can't determine the gender by looking at their photos of half the members of this forum??!"

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I'm kind of disgusted with the fairly extensive politically correct changes. When you add it all up, it's almost as bad as the Commandos 2 remaster nixing swastikas. Fiuck BoA. The Nazis (and those, past and present, that follow their ideologies) were cunts and we shouldn't forget that. Next they'll be destroying all prints of The Producers. It's ridiculous.
You've got to choose, bro: either you are a Nazi himself who hates the sensibilities of extremely valuable and easily offended people with their dicks cut off or you do support the changes

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
One of the trannies in the github "edgy content" topic actually cried tears when Daniel "fucked in the head" Tormentor667 "threw all his playtesters under the bus" by saying they didn't find the content offensive when they first playtested BoA chapter 3 (but of course they do now) so they must all be "fucked in the head" too. Reminded me of the guy on the 'dex who said he cried when Fallout 3 came out and it wasn't like Fallout 1 & 2. Oh, you silly girl-things!

Curratum

Speaking of Doom wads... This was obviously released only recently...

It's called um... quoting: "TPH 12.3: Part 1A - The Prequel to Part B Galaxy's Brink!! The Super Incredible Bulgarian Necromancer of the East!! Fight for the Combined Justice of the Planet Sphere - Earth!!"

"You are Doomgirl Kirisame, an SS Ranked Space Marine Uber-Witch, together with your best friend Liam Neeson (trained Anti-Dust Priest), a team of irritable biologists from the planet Tasicore VI, and the Hoover Aerospace S.S. Guingol (the Universe's largest vacuum dreadnought), you helped pave the way for mankind's glorious conquest over the dastardly adversary."

The readme goes on this way for a while. The maps look good, but you're forced to play as an anime girl, with voicework that replaces all Doomguy sounds, and the weapons have been swapped out to a pretty annoying set.

It hurts my brain a little to see such great maps squandered over dumb memes and anime bullshittery. Added bonus - the titlepic / main menu of the mod/megawad:

MEGKKL0.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I'm kind of disgusted with the fairly extensive politically correct changes. When you add it all up, it's almost as bad as the Commandos 2 remaster nixing swastikas. Fiuck BoA. The Nazis (and those, past and present, that follow their ideologies) were cunts and we shouldn't forget that. Next they'll be destroying all prints of The Producers. It's ridiculous.
You've got to choose, bro: either you are a Nazi himself who hates the sensibilities of extremely valuable and easily offended people with their dicks cut off or you do support the changes

In my defense, I was drunk and/or drugged (say, how 'bout them chocolate edibles and tasty THC tinctures that are sweet as syrup?) when I wrote that post, but I choose FREEEEDOM, including the right to be juvenile, childish and full of bad taste when authoring pwads. Bless the beasts and Tormentor667.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom