Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Really curious about how Fallout was received in Japan.
Do they like western cRPGs very much or just stick to their own stuff?

I know that the nuke option was censored in the Japanese release of Fallout 3. Other than that, no clue. They love Morrowind though.

I find it strange how they tend to like post apocalyptic settings and stories (see Fist of The Northern Star), but get really sensitive when it comes to nukes flying around.
Oh wait...

Really curious about how Fallout was received in Japan.
Do they like western cRPGs very much or just stick to their own stuff?

I know that the nuke option was censored in the Japanese release of Fallout 3. Other than that, no clue. They love Morrowind though.

I find it strange how they tend to like post apocalyptic settings and stories (see Fist of The Northern Star), but get really sensitive when it comes to nukes flying around.
Oh wait...

The funniest part about Fist of the North Star is that the entire thing happened because of nukes.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

PS1 and PS2 (and maybe Xbox too?) had plenty action RPGs with bird-view camera... and yet Obsidian manged to mess it up. Especially controls - both kb+m and gamepad was bad.

I remember playing on highest difficulty and getting stuck at some moments. Dat female djinn(rhanja or whatever) boss in the church, mechanical golem in the sewers (thieves hideout?) and fucking random skeleton (from DLC) in the desert replenishing his health almost instantly for some reasons...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I remember posting it here, huh

trivia: the audio track in the opening cinematic, when all the arrows are shot, is the same one they used in Braveheart in the first big war when they fling all the arrows at the Scots.

Hobknobling

Learned

Guy seems ok, calls out SJW and other bullshit but seems sincere (yet) and not too retarded.

Considering the video you embedded has him failing to understand why most game videos are no longer in the old gaming magazine product review format, I am not so sure about that.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Just came across this
Where is Next Gen Gameplay? (21:44 mins)

Braindead consoomer take. Talks about how great it is that graphics are improving so much, then explains the lack of gameplay innovation with "Games are so expensive to make! People keep buying the old and formulaic!" Doesn't connect the dots that improving graphics are the problem. If graphics had stopped improving 25 years ago, we wouldn't have all these normie faggots in the hobby buying garbage products just because they look new and shiny. Developers would have to innovate their gameplay in order to sell games.

pickmeister

Learned
Just came across this
Where is Next Gen Gameplay? (21:44 mins)

Braindead consoomer take. Talks about how great it is that graphics are improving so much, then explains the lack of gameplay innovation with "Games are so expensive to make! People keep buying the old and formulaic!" Doesn't connect the dots that improving graphics are the problem. If graphics had stopped improving 25 years ago, we wouldn't have all these normie faggots in the hobby buying garbage products just because they look new and shiny. Developers would have to innovate their gameplay in order to sell games.

I don't even understand what he means by graphics improving. Great majority of studios completely abandoned realistic graphics and adopted the safe and sanitized cartoony style of Blizzard games. Even stylized graphics doesn't go any further than Borderlands or Telltale games.

If anything, the graphics show the stagnation (or even regression) even better.

Yeah, guy's a brainlet.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
If graphics had stopped improving 25 years ago, we wouldn't have all these normie faggots in the hobby buying garbage products just because they look new and shiny. Developers would have to innovate their gameplay in order to sell games.
Because Mario and Pokemon are both known for being graphic whore games while they outsell almost everything else by a wide margin.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If graphics had stopped improving 25 years ago, we wouldn't have all these normie faggots in the hobby buying garbage products just because they look new and shiny. Developers would have to innovate their gameplay in order to sell games.
Because Mario and Pokemon are both known for being graphic whore games while they outsell almost everything else by a wide margin.
I see you're retarded and looking for a beating. As everyone except you knows, Nintendo is very much its own ecosystem. Nintendo exclusives, few and far between as they are, don't compete with anything else. They are free money from Millennial soyjaks and will always sell well unless they're catastrophically awful.

In the broader gaming market, presentation (and in particular graphical quality) is what sells games. It's the only thing AAA developers really care about, and it's where they spend most of their development money. This has been true for well over a decade and it's why those games are consistently uninteresting and samey.

Now get into the retard chamber.
4942956704_3d6dccb299_b-3921469495.jpg

Poseidon00

Arcane
In my opinion all the good gaming channels are dudes who are really into one particular game and stream it to a small audience, dropping all sorts of weird mechanical knowledge about it.

I currently watch dudes doing stuff on roller coaster tycoon 2, yu gi oh duelist of the roses, and monster rancher 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom